PDA

View Full Version : AL Hexblade MC AC choices

ZorroGames
2018-06-30, 07:33 AM
This character is, like all mine, AL gaming only.

Started with Leather because that was free. 😎 Free is good.

Stats
Half Elf

ST 8
DE 16 AC=14 plus bought Shield =16 *
CO 14 *
IN 8
WI 12
CH 17 ** first Feat will be Elven Accuracy

Planning MC (Bard is my original plan or may go Sorcerer - per PeteNutButter’s Guide because this is a “Summer gaming only” PC due to my wife’s Choir and Hanbell schedule during the rest of the year.). More levels faster = the Sorcerer/Warlock comes online faster for a Summer Gaming character. 🤔

2nd Level with 67 Gold

Blaster>Archer>Melee priorities currently.

AC options. Your thoughts on the AC aspect are invited.

Stay with Leather. AC = 14, 16 if shield is used.

Buy Chain Shirt. AC = 15, 17 when Shield is used.

Sell LCB and bolts, Buy Longbow (proficient in Martial Weapons,) and Arrows, buy rapier, use Armor of Shadows (8 hours, no spell slot or material component required,) AC = 16: 18 if Shield used. Use AB with EB with LB as backup and Rapier if in melee - Shield if possible.

MC (Swords Bard 6?) or Lore 4-8, alternatively Sorcerer 4+ (Draconic probably most practical but maybe Shadow for flavor of Role;) either for spell diversity.

Bard 6-8/Warlock 4 or Sorcerer3+/Warlock 2+ is the goal for this Summer. If wife enjoys this game then more levels next summer.

Never played a full caster in 5e, one Mage and multiple Clerics in OD&D/AD&D. Usually a Martial character. Sorcerer/Warlock or Bard/Warlock might scratch that itch.

Additional Warlock notes:

Pact of the Blade at Third.

Breast Plate when I can afford it AC = 16, 18 if using Shield, switch out Armor of Shadows for Devil’s Sight next level.

Max warlock when?

bid
2018-06-30, 12:16 PM
Longsword is cheaper than rapier, if you don't care about piercing. Or wait for bladelock 3, create any weapon out of thin air.

Longbow is not worth it. Not only 1d8+3 vs 1d10+3 now, but double that when you reach level 5.