PDA

View Full Version : Old School Converting Star Fronters to 5e.

Tawmis
2018-07-01, 11:29 AM
I've always loved Star Frontiers... and I figured, I am bored at the moment... and wondered how fun... or difficult it might be to convert Star Frontiers to 5e... I figured I'd start with the easiest part... the races. I plan on adding some custom races and such as well - but I figured I'd start with the original Star Frontiers races - I welcome thoughts and opinions.
===================================

Dralasite
Racial Traits: +1 Strength, +1 Constitution, -2 Dexterity
Elasticity: A Dralasite can produce four limbs by default, but can create an additional limb equal to the Constitution Modifier.
Lie Detection: A Dralasite can detecting lie if they’re facing the person speaking. There is a 5% chance equal to their Wisdom Modifier.

Human
Racial Traits:

Vrusk
Racial Traits: -1 Strength, + 1 Dexterity
Ambidexterity: All Vrusks are ambidextrous (being able to use both hands equally well). This allows them to make two attacks, as long as each hand is holding a one handed weapon. They can use weapons, throw grenades, write, catch, etc. with no penalties with both hands.
Comprehension: When observing people, the Vrusk gets Advantage on all perception rolls to see if they’re able to determine what the observed person is up to.

Yarzirian
Racial Traits: -2 Strength, +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom
Battle Rage: In battle, a Yarzirian can fight with primal ferocity. On their turn, they can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, Yarzirians gain the following benefits if they aren’t wearing heavy armor:
• You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
• When Yarzirians make a melee weapon attack using Strength, they gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as they gain levels
• Yarzirians have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

Gliding: Using the membranes along their sides, Yarzarians can glide 5 feet for every 20 feet they start above the ground, depending on the gravity of the planet.

Gravity Maximum Glide
.6 150 feet
.7 100 feet
.8 50 feet
.9 25 feet
1.0 10 feet

A Yarzirian can not glide on planets with gravity with .5 or over 1.0; one being too light that the Yarzarian would simply float, the other too heavy, that it would pull the Yarzirian down.

Shesheyan
2018-07-04, 01:56 PM
Micheal Long, a Star Frontiers fan, couldn't resist and did a 5E version of Star Frontiers races, classes and equipment. It was published in Frontier Explorer #11 in 2015. Pages 27 to 41. Sadly I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts yet.

Tawmis
2018-07-19, 02:43 PM
Micheal Long, a Star Frontiers fan, couldn't resist and did a 5E version of Star Frontiers races, classes and equipment. It was published in Frontier Explorer #11 in 2015. Pages 27 to 41. Sadly I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts yet.

Excellent!
http://frontierexplorer.org/article/frontier-explorer-issue-11-now-available

Will have to see what they've done and compare it to what I've done. I'm just doing it for myself and my regular D&D group I play with. But would love to check out the comparisons. I am currently working on doing the monsters right now - and comparing many of them to creatures already in the Monster Manual to get a basis for most of them.