PDA

View Full Version : Crafter

Stabby
2007-09-09, 04:15 PM
Ok, its my first thread, long time lurker. Please be gentle.

Anyway, while working on a character for a long running intrigue/diplomacy game, I decided to go "crafter". An uber crafting dynamo. As I normally go a rogue/swashbuckler type character, I could use some help in a major way.

I have no idea how to do it. I know how crafting works, but how to make a crafter or whats important to take... Im at a loss.

The concept is a very "Q" type character from the James Bond movies.

I figure Artificer from the Eberron book is the best start, but from there... dunno.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Stabby~

Iku Rex
2007-09-09, 04:31 PM
Books available?
Starting level?
Ability scores?

Zincorium
2007-09-09, 04:33 PM
So far you've at least got the right idea, artificer is probably the only class that can really pull off the gadgeteer role without screwing themselves over.

Going all 20 levels is definitely do-able, there aren't too many good prestige classes for them (renegade mastermaker is nifty, though). Some things to remember is that since you lose any points that are left over in your crafting reserve when you level up, spend them pretty quickly on items you know you'll need. Infusions are good for the unexpected stuff.

Green Bean
2007-09-09, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Artificer sounds exactly what you're trying to go for. It should be fine, so long as you're able to resist the temptation to marginalize the other party members by pursuing the godlike level of power the class is capable of.

Stabby
2007-09-09, 04:52 PM
Books available?
Starting level?
Ability scores?

Books, any... the group pools all our books for game purposes, so I can get any I need.
Starting lvl, 13.
Ability scores, base roll was/is 10, 14, 12, 18, 15, 16

Human for race.

Thanks for the responses.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-09-09, 04:55 PM
Artificer class probably your best bet as a crafter since you get almost everything in crafting over time leveling. Int - 18, ( Con - 16, Char - 15, ST - 14 (Can be moved around as desired)), Dex - 12, Wis - 10 as a combat type artificer since you can wear medium armor which includes mithril full plate.