PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder GM in need of custom Gear Advice for players

Nosta
2018-07-01, 09:33 PM
so my players saved the day , rescued the Elf Queen from Assassination and Defeated the conspirators.

Now they are going to be rewarded with a custom Item each.

I want each items to help each players class base on what they do

I have 4 players who Are a (Eldritch Archer Magus who uses a Pistol)
A (Monk who focus on Stunning fist and uses butterfly swords) A (Occultists who likes to control her foes or manipulate are enemies)
and a (Warlord from path of war who uses the Mithril current style of fighting)

I like the item to Boost A main skill used by there class and then give some other nice bonuses

I am willing to give each player a item worth 28,000 gold but no more

Elricaltovilla
2018-07-02, 08:19 AM
I am always in favor of the lazy GM solution of letting the players themselves pick out what they want. Given that they're receiving their reward from the elf queen herself this is pretty easy to pull off. Repeat after me:

The stern, yet beautiful Queen Elfaba stares down from her throne at the ragtag bunch of warriors who had only days before risked life and limb to protect her. A warm smile slowly spreads across her face, breaking like the dawn after a night full of storms.

"Heroes, I am in your debt. I have struggled to think of a suitable reward for warriors of your caliber, but I am at a loss. Instead, I have commissioned the finest magical craftsmen of my kingdom to create for each of you one item that you will need in your upcoming quests. Please, enjoy your stay in my palace as you work with my craftsmen to complete these new tools and weapons for you."

With a graceful wave of her hand, the Queen's chief advisor steps forward. "My advisor, Jeff, will ensure that your requests are taken care of during your stay here. Please speak to him for anything you need."

Then you explain what that means OOC and let them go to town designing what they want.

If it's a question of your players not being experienced enough to know what they want, then that's a slightly different problem. For which it would be helpful to know what equipment they already have and make use of.