PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 4 Endings

Xenopax
2018-07-02, 12:10 AM
Let's say I go through the entire Fallout 4 main quest line without meeting the Minutemen. Does anything change when I meet them afterwords? Any Special text, items given etc. Same question with BoS and the Companions. I'm currently playing through fallout 4 again to see what happens when you go through without recruiting Piper (so I can see if there's any difference with the newspaper) and whether I can tell Hancock his brothers a synth but I don't feel like playing through again for the rest of the questions.

ShneekeyTheLost
2018-07-02, 11:45 AM
Let's say I go through the entire Fallout 4 main quest line without meeting the Minutemen. Does anything change when I meet them afterwords? Any Special text, items given etc. Same question with BoS and the Companions. I'm currently playing through fallout 4 again to see what happens when you go through without recruiting Piper (so I can see if there's any difference with the newspaper) and whether I can tell Hancock his brothers a synth but I don't feel like playing through again for the rest of the questions.Garvy apparently doesn't mind getting ignored for weeks, and indeed will somehow just barely manage to maintain the stalemate until you show up to save the day until you get around to meeting him. In fact, there's a cute little addition to this if you go do the Nuka World DLC in favor of the Raiders and get your two perks. If you do this, then rescue Garvy, he gives you an option to initiate Open Season and will from that point act completely normally as he normally does. If you don't, then he locks you out of any of the Minutemen quest stuff.

However, if you have met Garvy before doing Nuka World, and side with the Raiders, he will not give you any options, and will simply shut you out of any further Minuteman quests.

You can't get into Diamond City without meeting Piper, which locks you out of main quest progression, full stop. Without Valentine, you cannot encounter Kellogg, because the entrance simply does not exist. And without that, you don't get the Prydwin scene which unlocks further stuff. It is literally impossible to beat the game without recruiting Piper. Because Plot Railroad Demands It.

Yes, you can tell Hancock his brother's a Synth, and he has quite the reaction to it. In fact, you can have Hancock as your companion when you discover this, which also has some interesting dialogue.