PDA

View Full Version : Bard - Learning non-bard spells?

Eigh7
2018-07-02, 07:34 AM
I read somewhere that bards can learn a total of 6 spells from any spell list. I don't quite remember at which levels - but all past level 10. I couldn't find anything about that in my player's handbook. What's that all about?.

Nifft
2018-07-02, 07:43 AM
I read somewhere that bards can learn a total of 6 spells from any spell list. I don't quite remember at which levels - but all past level 10. I couldn't find anything about that in my player's handbook. What's that all about?.

Perhaps that was someone talking about the 5e Bard, which can learn off-list spells at level 10.

Astralia123
2018-07-02, 08:41 AM
Possibly not bard class. It sounds like Advance Learning of Beguiler from PHB2, the Beguiler can learn 5 spells from enchantment and illusion schools from sor/wiz spell list throughout the class's 20 levels.

PunBlake
2018-07-02, 03:54 PM
For 3.5, any prestige class with Advanced Learning as a class feature would work, but two specifically bard PrCs that give non-bard spells are Lyric Thaumaturge (CM - via Spell Secret class feature progression, one sorc/wiz spell of choice per bard spell level, 6 total) and Sublime Chord (CArc - alternate casting progression using sorc/wiz spells). Some bard PrCs in Dragon Magazine also come to mind.

Thurbane
2018-07-02, 05:30 PM
For 3.5, any prestige class with Advanced Learning as a class feature would work, but two specifically bard PrCs that give non-bard spells are Lyric Thaumaturge (CM - via Spell Secret class feature progression, one sorc/wiz spell of choice per bard spell level, 6 total) and Sublime Chord (CArc - alternate casting progression using sorc/wiz spells). Some bard PrCs in Dragon Magazine also come to mind.

Unseen Seer allows you to grab up to 3 spells from the Divination School from any class list (2nd, 5th and 8th) with Advanced Learning.