PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Oath of the Waifu

ZenBear
2018-07-02, 10:35 PM
My friend wants to play “a loli tank that’s so cute enemies don’t want to attack her.” In seeking an effective means to deliver such a goofy concept, I present for your consideration this homebrew Paladin subclass. I also intend to grant Unarmored Defense (CHA) in place of armor proficiency so she can fight in a maid uniform.

Oath of the Waifu

Tenets

Faithfulness: Never betray your senpai in any way, not even in your thoughts.

Dutifulness: Always be at your best when aiding senpai in whatever task they need you for.

Destiny: You and senpai are destined to be together; let nothing stand in the way of true love!

When you take this oath at 3rd level, you must choose your senpai to swear it to. You holy symbol must be something that reminds you of senpai, like a lock of hair or a discarded piece of gum.

Oath Spells
3rd: Charm Person, Sanctuary
5th: Calm Emotions, Enthrall
9th: Beacon of Hope, Leomund’s Love Hotel
13th: Compulsion, Evard’s Black Tentacles
17th: Dominate Person, Dream

Channel Divinity

Begone THOT!: As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak in an unintelligible, threatening whisper. Any creature within 10ft of your senpai other than you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage.

Choose what kind of Dere you are to gain the appropriate secondary Channel Divinity.

Deredere: When an enemy you can see within 30 feet makes an attack roll or imposes a saving throw against you, as a reaction you can use your Channel Divinity to cast Charm Person them. If they fail, they do not attack you and the action is wasted.

Tsundere: As an action you can use your Channel Divinity to lash out with harsh words and force each creature of your choice that can hear you to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. Your senpai has disadvantage on saving throws against this effect.

Yandere: Immediately after an attacker within 30ft of you deals damage with an attack against your senpai, you can use your reaction to mark that creature for death. For 1 minute the target becomes Vulnerable to your attacks. You may also use this ability on any creature that you think has flirted with your senpai or that your senpai has shown interest in.

Kuudere: You can use your Channel Divinity to freeze your foe with an icy glare. As an action, you force one creature of your choice that can see you to make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, that creature becomes restrained as a thin layer of ice encases them. The restrained creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Aura of Dere
Starting at 7th level, whenever your senpai takes damage while within 10ft of you, you can choose to magically take half of that damage instead. This feature doesn’t transfer any other effects that might accompany the damage, and this damage can’t be reduced in any way. But it’s not like you like them or anything...
At 18th level the range of this aura increases to 30ft.

Kawaii-desu
Beginning at 15th level, you are always under the effects of the Blur spell as your preternatural cuteness is so distracting that your enemies struggle to bring themselves to strike you.

Best Girl
At 20th level, you can assume the form of the ultimate waifu. Using your action, you undergo a transformation. For 1 hour, you gain the following benefits:

• Wings sprout from your back and grant you a flying speed of 60 feet.
• You emanate an aura of cuteness in a 30-foot radius. The first time any enemy creature enters the aura or starts its turn there during a battle, the creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or become charmed by you for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. Attack rolls against the charmed creature have advantage.

Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Inspiration:
https://youtu.be/oq7B44odQ00
https://youtu.be/fjyc9XTtC2Q

Grod_The_Giant
2018-07-03, 07:53 PM
Those Channel Divinity options look much too strong to me-- they should probably be single target.

ZenBear
2018-07-03, 10:18 PM
Those Channel Divinity options look much too strong to me-- they should probably be single target.

Whoops! Posted wrong version. I fixed Kuudere to be single target in the final version. Tsundere is just the Conquest CD.

BerzerkerUnit
2018-07-03, 10:28 PM
I feel like some mid tier effect should transform you into some kind of useful item or creature for Sempai to use.

Blackbando
2018-07-03, 11:09 PM
The "Begone THOT!" Channel Divinity really doesn't feel right for the theme, IMO. The effect could work, but, the name? I don't personally feel like that conveys a cute loli. To me, that conveys a young man screaming, and possibly also t-posing and/or dabbing.

Maybe more like "They're Mine!"?

ZenBear
2018-07-05, 08:02 PM
The "Begone THOT!" Channel Divinity really doesn't feel right for the theme, IMO. The effect could work, but, the name? I don't personally feel like that conveys a cute loli. To me, that conveys a young man screaming, and possibly also t-posing and/or dabbing.

Maybe more like "They're Mine!"?

It’s just a funny meme. Got a laugh out of her, so it accomplished it’s purpose. 😋 Feel free to rename it as you wish.

Sariel Vailo
2018-07-06, 05:51 PM
Tsundere a go go baby.