PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Good Enchantments for Light Melee weapons?

Ignimortis
2018-07-03, 12:15 AM
I'm playing in a Pathfinder-based Planescape campaign (so basically everything's on the table, if you can afford it, and I think I could persuade the DM to allow 3.5 stuff too), and I just got a batch of WBL to spend on gear and what-not.

Assuming I'm willing to spend about 12k GP on my weapons (currently +1 adamantine Cestus x2) and upgrades are possible (the cost is equal to difference between bonuses, so adding a +1 bonus to a +1 weapon costs 6k), what would you advise to pick up? The character is Harbinger 10, built around Thrashing Dragon/Broken Blade mostly.

Suggestions to wait until I can afford a better enchantment are also welcome, as long as you list the enchant.

SaintNick
2018-07-03, 02:17 AM
Depending on what your attack bonus is, I'd likely either go with an enhancement bonus improvement or the Collision (+2 bonus, +5 damage) special ability. Base enhancement bonus improvements also allow you to break certain types of DR which is another reason to go that route as well.

I also like picking the Training (+1 bonus, combat feat) and Dueling (14,000gp, +4 Initiative) special abilities for gauntlets and/or cestuses.

Ignimortis
2018-07-03, 12:37 PM
Depending on what your attack bonus is, I'd likely either go with an enhancement bonus improvement or the Collision (+2 bonus, +5 damage) special ability. Base enhancement bonus improvements also allow you to break certain types of DR which is another reason to go that route as well.

I also like picking the Training (+1 bonus, combat feat) and Dueling (14,000gp, +4 Initiative) special abilities for gauntlets and/or cestuses.

Thanks. I've been thinking about Collision, but it's a bit outside of my reach so far. Dueling is definitely on the list when I get the coin for it. Training is kinda meh, unless I go for Weapon Focus on one and something interesting with WF as a requirement on the other, which might merit deeper research. My to-hit is +17, which is kinda lackluster at this level, I guess, so I might actually just go for the enhancement bonuses.

SaintNick
2018-07-04, 08:33 PM
Regarding the Training special ability, a lot of the Path of War feats are Combat Feats and would qualify. For example, if you use mostly Standard Action maneuvers you could use Training to pick up the feat Thrashing Dragon Style which would offer you an additional attack per round. Most, if not all, of the Harbinger Dark Claim enhancement feats are also Combat Feats.

As for your attack bonus and other stats, here's a nice reference guide I normally use. Bench-Pressing: Character Creation by the numbers (https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/bench-pressing-character-creation-by-the-numbers/)

CrazyNoob
2018-07-05, 06:57 PM
Magebane (+1): +2 Atk and +2d6 vs creatures that can caste or have spell like abilities. Good chance 75% of enemies encountered in a planescape game will be affected.

Spell Storing (+1)_to hold a spell of 3rd or lower.

Corrosive / Frost / Shock (+1) for +1d6 elemental damage..

Erit
2018-07-05, 11:00 PM
I'm always a fan of Vicious on one hand and Merciful on the other, for fluff purposes. Or Vicious and Vampiric if you're more interested in practicality.