PDA

View Full Version : Magical Dinner Table - What is it called?

Cj304
2018-07-03, 02:18 PM
Hey all.

My friends and I are running a campaign where we've recently acquired an airship. We were looking into upgrades, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a magical Banquet Table that had the effect of Heroes Feast once per day, or something along those lines.

Does anyone know which artifact I'm thinking if, and which source book it belongs to?

Appreciate it if someone could help jog my memory.

Cheers

Telonius
2018-07-03, 02:27 PM
Magic Item Compendium has a "Horn of Plenty" that gives a Hero's Feast 1/day for 12 people. If you wanted to make it a table instead of a horn, that would be completely reasonable.

EDIT: For the "table," you might be thinking of the spell's wording:

You bring forth a great feast, including a magnificent table, chairs, service, and food and drink.

Jack_Simth
2018-07-03, 02:31 PM
Hey all.

My friends and I are running a campaign where we've recently acquired an airship. We were looking into upgrades, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a magical Banquet Table that had the effect of Heroes Feast once per day, or something along those lines.

Does anyone know which artifact I'm thinking if, and which source book it belongs to?

Appreciate it if someone could help jog my memory.

Cheers

Table of Feasting, Stronghold Builder's Guide (3.0) page 84. Works 3 times per day. Caster level 12. Use twice a day to get 24 hour coverage, and have the option to refresh it once per day if it gets dispelled.

Cj304
2018-07-03, 03:45 PM
Magic Item Compendium has a "Horn of Plenty" that gives a Hero's Feast 1/day for 12 people. If you wanted to make it a table instead of a horn, that would be completely reasonable.

EDIT: For the "table," you might be thinking of the spell's wording:

Table of Feasting, Stronghold Builder's Guide (3.0) page 84. Works 3 times per day. Caster level 12. Use twice a day to get 24 hour coverage, and have the option to refresh it once per day if it gets dispelled.

Thank you both, that helps a lot!

Krobar
2018-07-04, 06:59 AM
The Arms and Equipment Guide lists a Captain's Table on page 49. It duplicates a Heroes' Feast once a day for up to 12.

Edit: although admittedly the Table of Feasting above is better.

Fouredged Sword
2018-07-04, 09:43 AM
There is also a locker in stormwrack that just makes food. I suspect it is cheaper, but am AFB right now.

Gingaroth
2018-07-06, 01:48 AM
The field provisions box from MIC provides food and water for 15 people or 5 hoses per day.
No heroes feast, just regular food, but on the upside it's only 2000 GP as opposed to 12,000 (horn of plenty) or 72,000 (captains table).