PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder CMB question

JMAP94
2018-07-03, 03:57 PM
This might be a newb question, but I can't find the answer. i wanted to know, do you add your CMB to Acrobatic checks to avoid attacks of opportunity when passing through a an enemies space, or is it JUST your acrobatics skill?

Playing as a vigilante, and next level I'm taking the "up close and personal" talent. Wanted to know if it makes sense to pick up agile maneuvers as a feat, because otherwise ill pick up that sweet sweet Martial Training I (I love Path of War), or another Magical Tail, or maybe even go two weapon fighting.

Number wise, it makes sense that its JUST acrobatics, and other combat maneuvers wouldn't get help from a skill, but "principle wise," I find it weird that were rolling against CMD without applying CMB (as we would be applying CMB to any other combat maneuver rolled against CMD).

Psyren
2018-07-03, 04:53 PM
It's just the skill check. Adding CMB would be overkill.

Remember, a skill check vs. CMD is effectively like having full BAB (max ranks = ECL) with a free +3 (class skill) before adding your stat, and with a bunch of other ways to boost your check (traits, buffs, skill focus, items, etc.) For most classes it's better than CMB, provided you've bothered to invest in the skill in question.

JMAP94
2018-07-03, 09:26 PM
Thanks again psyren!

That makes perfect sense with skill/bab explanation.