PDA

View Full Version : Hrmm...

Akennedy
2007-09-09, 08:21 PM
Would their be a demand for a class that receives both sudden strike damage and sneak attack? Like, level one sneak attack +1d6, level 3 Sudden strike +1d6 and rotate every 2 levels? That way he would optimize at ambushing but still be able to sneak attack and be somewhat useful in combat? This would kinda remind me of a ninja, but not really getting to making a class quite yet... but does this seem interesting?

JackMage666
2007-09-09, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure, but isn't Sudden Strike just Sneak Attack you can't use while flanking? If so, then it's be slightly better than plain Sudden Strike, but not nearly as good as Sneak Attack.

Akennedy
2007-09-09, 08:45 PM
well, that's what I mean, the class would be exceptional when it comes to ambushing (surprize! round) and just be an okay combatant otherwise. In other words, specialize in ambushing oppenents. not an assassin, but close.

dyslexicfaser
2007-09-09, 08:49 PM
I always foudn it pretty easy to get sneak attacks off. EVen just having a flanking buddy would mean the sudden strike would never be needed.

Hazkali
2007-09-11, 04:52 AM
I like the idea of this class. I'd bash it out, if I were you, as it's certainly different.