PDA

View Full Version : Viable Build?

oncnawan
2018-07-03, 11:03 PM
DM is running high power campaign. Rolled for stats and got excellent scores of 18, 17, 16, 14, 14, 14. After racial modifiers, stats will be:
Str 14
Dex 14
Con 18
Wis 18
Cha 18

Character concept is an Aasimar (scourge) who can't contain the fire and light within him. 1 level phoenix soul sorcerer (for flame aura that gives charisma modifier to fire damage), 1 level undying light warlock (for charisma modifier to fire and radiant spell damage), 18 levels moon druid, taking fire and radiant damage spells wherever possible. Eventually (my final form), on turn 1 activate Aasimar aura and phoenix souls sorcerer aura. Turn 2, cast sunbeam (or upcast flaming sphere) and wild shape into fire elemental. Burn everything to cinders.

My question is this: getting 2xCHA mod to fire damage and 1xCHA mod to radiant damage spells enough to offset the loss of two levels of druid? I love the character, thematically, I just don't want to cripple myself in effectiveness in combat.

Quoxis
2018-07-04, 12:16 AM
What do you lose?
- one ASI (with those stats? **** it, you don’t need it)
- the chance to get unlimited wildshapes

That’s all.
And i‘d argue that two uses of wildshape, which can last for 9 hours each (!), should be sufficient for a combat heavy game, but ymmv.

oncnawan
2018-07-04, 02:00 AM
What do you lose?
- one ASI (with those stats? **** it, you don’t need it)
- the chance to get unlimited wildshapes

That’s all.
And i‘d argue that two uses of wildshape, which can last for 9 hours each (!), should be sufficient for a combat heavy game, but ymmv.

Yeah, I delay spellcasting a little, but my biggest hit is the capstone, which we may never hit (DM likes regular character death to keep things real).