PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Am I doing this right? Thunder and Fang

WarrentheHero
2018-07-04, 04:23 PM
My DM is having us start at level 6 with 16,000 gold. I'm new to Pathfinder and I want to make sure I'm doing Dual-Wielding/Power Attack/Rage/etc correctly.

The build is 3 levels of Fighter (Two Weapon Warrior) and 3 levels of Unchained Barbarian with Accurate Stance Rage Power.

At first level, he's got Two-Weapon Fighting, and Weapon Focus in both Earthbreaker and Klar. 2nd level he gets Thunder and Fang, and 3rd level he gets Power Attack. Less important to the build, at 5th level he gets Shield Slam, which my DM has said I can use Thudner and Fang to replace Improved Shield Bash.

His Earthbreaker is a +1 Furious Weapon, and his Klar is +1 Bashing. So it seems like his attacks are:
Normal TWF
+6BAB +5Str +1Enh +1Weapon Focus -2Dual-Wielding =+11 for Main hand and off-hand, and +6 for his second Earthbreaker attack. The damage for the two Earthbreakers are 2d6+6 and the Klar is 2d6+3.

Power Attack TWF
+9/+9/+4 for 2d6+10/2d6+5/2d6+10 damage with Earthbreaker/Klar/Earthbreaker

Power Attack Raging
+9 from before, +2Furious, +2Rage +1Accurate = +14 to hit on first mainhand/Earthbreaker, +9 on second.
For the Klar, it's +9 from before, +2Rage, +1Accurate, for a total +12 to hit.

For damage, the Earthbreaker is 2d6 +5 Str +1Enh +2Furious +2Rage +4Power Attack for a total of 2d6+14 damage.
The Klar's damage would be 2d6 + 2Str +1Enh +2Rage +2Power Attack for a total of 2d6+7.

Is all of this correct? TWF rules are just a touch confusing, and I don't actually have any of the books; I've been parsing this together via the SRD and the Pathbuilder app. On a related note, can you TWF with just a Standard action, or does it have to be during a full-round attack?

Vertharrad
2018-07-04, 11:53 PM
Looks legit.

Unless you have a special ability that modifies it two-weapon fighting takes a full-attack action to do.

Eldonauran
2018-07-05, 10:11 AM
Look into the feat Weapon Trick (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-trick-combat/), specifically the Two-weapon Tricks (Dual Strike). It will require two additional feats (Double Slice, Improved Vital Strike) but eventually you will be able to make an attack with each weapon as a standard action.