PDA

View Full Version : Misty Step makes me happy

odigity
2018-07-05, 03:05 AM
It's far from the most powerful spell or effect, but it somehow puts a smile on my face every time I use it.

hymer
2018-07-05, 03:49 AM
Reverse Gravity makes me feel a malicious glee.

Lalliman
2018-07-05, 03:51 AM
Misty Step isn't something one considers when choosing powerful spells. But this... does put a smile on my face.

Please forgive me for sh*tposting.

Millstone85
2018-07-05, 03:58 AM
Misty Step isn't something one considers when choosing powerful spells. But this... does put a smile on my face.

Please forgive me for sh*tposting.I don't feel so g .o ..o ...d .....

JakOfAllTirades
2018-07-05, 04:15 AM
You know what's even better than Misty Step?

Misty Escape. And it doesn't even use a spell slot! I really like playing a FeyLock.

ImproperJustice
2018-07-05, 07:40 AM
Trapped in a net?
Misty Step

Ogre pinning you down?
Misty Step

Need to get up on that high ledge in a hurry?
Misty Step

Need to survive a long fall and you don’t have feather fall?
Misty Step

Need to move like a Rogue for a round?
Misty Step

It’s super handy.

Oramac
2018-07-05, 07:56 AM
It’s super handy.

For bad guys too. Just this past Tuesday my group was fighting a Cloud Giant with Misty Step prepared. The party druid restrained him with roots, so naturally he Misty Stepped over to her and proceeded to beat the crap out of the annoying little half-elf that would dare try to restrain him!

JellyPooga
2018-07-05, 09:19 AM
Ah, teleportation magic...my favourite kind. In previous editions and other systems, it's always my go-to when I'm playing a mage. 5ed has definitely given us easier access with Misty Step (having to wait until level 7 for Dimension Door was always a pain) and some nice additional features that allow for even more; Warlocks, Wizards, even Monks can have on demand teleports as early as level 3. Very nice, very nice indeed...