PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Trying to locate a metamagic feat

PhantasyPen
2018-07-05, 06:36 PM
Hey all, when I first started playing I remember reading a metamagic feat in 3.5 that allowed you to essentially reflvaor or "theme" your spells. The specific example they gave was shaping all your evocation spells to resemble skulls. I am currently thinking to modify this feat a little and turn it into a basic part of my houserules but I cannot seem to find it again, could I request a little bit of help?

flappeercraft
2018-07-05, 06:50 PM
Hey all, when I first started playing I remember reading a metamagic feat in 3.5 that allowed you to essentially reflvaor or "theme" your spells. The specific example they gave was shaping all your evocation spells to resemble skulls. I am currently thinking to modify this feat a little and turn it into a basic part of my houserules but I cannot seem to find it again, could I request a little bit of help?

I'm guessing you mean Spell Thematics from PGtF. It's actually not a metamagic feat though.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-07-05, 06:52 PM
Spell Thematics (feat), originally in Magic of Faerun and reprinted in Player's Guide to Faerun. It's not a metamagic feat, it just changes all of your spells for free and gives you some other benefits (+4 spellcraft DC to identify your spells, one spell per spell level is cast at +1 caster level).

nonsi
2018-07-05, 11:05 PM

I remember something about such a feat, with Magic Missile given as an example.

It inspired me to come up with the following feat:

Spell Tokenizer
Requirements: 5th level arcane spellcaster, able to cast Prestidigitation
Benefits: Drawing from your enhanced studies of Prestidigitation, you've learned how to effortlessly alter the color, sound, smell, and looks of spells as you cast them. These changes do not alter the outcome of spells in any way, however they do make it more difficult for other spellcasters to identify a spell as it is being cast, which raises the the identification DC by 10 (or by 5, for anyone who took this feat).