PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Charlatan Priest (Theif Rogue) Spell Help

Ganryu
2018-07-06, 12:41 AM
So, I was talking over with a DM who's about to run a game, and I found something hilarious about the Theif specifically.

"Fast Hands
Starting at 3rd level, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, use your thieves' tools to disarm a trap or open a lock, or take the Use an Object action."

The Use and Object action is what caught my eye, especially with this feat(healer):

"As an action, you can spend one use of a healer’s kit to tend to a creature and restore 1d6 + 4 hit points to it, plus additional hit points equal to the creature’s maximum number of Hit Dice. The creature can’t regain hit points from this feat again until it finishes a short or long rest."

So I thought about it, and why not try to pose as the cleric in the upcoming campaign? The DM thought it hilarious enough that he gave me a bag of holding to use items from with a sleight of hand check. We're doing this at 10th level. He suggested I try to pass off cleric spells with items, and I can empty the bag of its contents to use them all. What sorts of things would you guys you suggest to use as 'cleric spells'. (Also he suggested I keep telling people my sneak attack is the clerics divine strike ability, let them figure out the damage and type doesn't match. These are mostly new players.)

So far I've got health potions for healing, along with med kits. DM's letting me touch for potions with them.

What other spells do you think I could fake? They won't have the same stats obviously, but new players, let's see how long til they notice.

Several vials of alchemist's fire says Wall of Flame (Light Domain)

Rations for Create Food/Water

BS 'talking to the dead'.

I've got a pretty generous DM obviously, though he has warned me this'll be expensive to do regularly.

Kadesh
2018-07-06, 12:47 AM
As a note, it is worth mentioning that Healer feat is an action, and it is not a 'Use an Object' action, so cannot be made into a Bonus Action.

Ganryu
2018-07-06, 12:50 AM
As a note, it is worth mentioning that Healer feat is an action, and it is not a 'Use an Object' action, so cannot be made into a Bonus Action.

There is still the other half of the feat that would with that wording,
"When you use a healer’s kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point"