PDA

View Full Version : wizard sorceror combos?

liamkirkwood
2018-07-06, 05:19 PM
so i have a wizard necromancer and i am teamed with a draconic sorcerer is there any cool spell combos that we could pull of together

Kadesh
2018-07-06, 06:31 PM
so i have a wizard necromancer and i am teamed with a draconic sorcerer is there any cool spell combos that we could pull of together

Grapple and drag to prevent enemies moving with the chosen elementally resistant undead.

Heightened Hold Person means that all your Undead automatically Critical Hit with successful advantaged attacks making their otherwise poor damage decent.

ImproperJustice
2018-07-06, 11:11 PM
Pretty much any area effect (wall spells, sickening radiance, stinking cloud, etc) supported by animated dead pushing and grappling foes back into the area of effect.

Spells that restrain (web, earthen grasp, watery sphere) followed by high damage dex save spells (fireball, lightning bolt, immolate)

Beechgnome
2018-07-07, 10:59 AM
Pretty much any area effect (wall spells, sickening radiance, stinking cloud, etc) supported by animated dead pushing and grappling foes back into the area of effect.

Spells that restrain (web, earthen grasp, watery sphere) followed by high damage dex save spells (fireball, lightning bolt, immolate)

In particular stinking cloud or cloudkill at later levels are poison, which undead are immune to...so unleashing those spells and letting your necromancer cronies mob them is a good ploy. Make it careful to protect other party members for at least the first round.

Also Twinning buffs can make your undead more hardy or give them tactical mobility... Spider climb, fly, enlarge, enhance ability, haste, stoneskin. TwinEnlarge on two zombies would make them large and let them cover your flanks better... Good for squishy casters.