PDA

View Full Version : Pretend to be a Time-Traveller day

Vampiric
2007-09-10, 06:11 AM
Well, I read on another forum that some people are planning a Pretend to be a Time-Traveller day (http://forums.koalawallop.com/viewtopic.php?t=1719&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0), and it sounds like a good idea, so I thought I'd introduce it to a wider audience.:smallbiggrin:

Anyhoo - Main points:
Clothing
Towel
8th December

Good luck, fellow time-travellers!

Pepz
2007-09-10, 06:25 AM
wow sounds very cool :) If my brain manages to remember this, I might try it out. Around 8 december it's usually very cold out here though, so I'll have to be creative :)

anyways, cool idea!!

LCR
2007-09-10, 08:43 AM
I'm against it.

Artemician
2007-09-10, 09:45 AM
I'm against it.

Mind telling us why?

bosssmiley
2007-09-10, 12:29 PM
I'm up for it. Mainly so I can point at people with iPhones and ask them why they're still using that kludgy old piece of tat. :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2007-09-10, 01:54 PM
Let's see. I'm an outsider most of the time in every context I find myself in. Sometimes I have problems understanding the way people around me think and reason. I come from a different culture and country that where I live in.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't think it would change a lot by wearing nothing more than a towel :p

Though if this is about collective semi-nudity, it has my seal of approval.

Mr. Moon
2007-09-10, 01:56 PM
Three days after Day of the Ninja too! Joy abounds! :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-09-10, 02:18 PM
Hahaha.

If I didn't think I'd get into big trouble at school I'd so do this. :smallbiggrin:

Exeson
2007-09-10, 02:28 PM
Hahaha.

If I didn't think I'd get into big trouble at school I'd so do this. :smallbiggrin:

My thoughts exactly, although I am tempted to do it anyway.....

Lord Edward
2007-09-10, 02:48 PM
December 8th is a Saturday, so school shouldn't be a problem.

Cyrano
2007-09-10, 03:00 PM
I would, if acting like a time traveller in a potentially violent vacation spot isn't such a frightening prospect. I'm just going to start acting like a time traveller now

ForzaFiori
2007-09-10, 03:00 PM
oh man this sounds like it would be awesome.

unfortunately, i'll probably forget about it by 2morrow and therefor not do it.

Cyrano
2007-09-10, 03:03 PM
Tomorrow? Or....last week?

tannish2
2007-09-10, 03:34 PM
seems fun, so just wearing a towel or listing what your doing with your towel ?(i keep one in my school backpack, just in case of ninja attack, time travel accident, the sudden demolition of earth or just about anything else, so i have a few inventive uses for it)

any why announce this so far in advance!? i probably wont even remember it until october (if i do manage to remember it until then though, i will be participating)

also we should probably have worked on the grammar of time travel. just to avoid excessive confusion.

Vampiric
2007-09-10, 03:41 PM
This early (or, though the joke has been done already:smallannoyed:, this late) was probably because it's the first time it's being done, and needs a bit of publicity.

Alternatively, take part a week early, then tell everyone about 'pretend to be a time-traveller day', 'thinking' that it's the 8th...:smallbiggrin:

Hold the phone...

Did you say Ninja day, Moon_Called?:smalleek:

gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme :smalltongue:

Cyrano
2007-09-10, 05:35 PM
Newsflash. I got the ultimate holiday.

April second. Talk like jedi Ninjapirate who is hungover from yesterdays New Year's Eve Bash.

Awesome on so many levels.

FdL
2007-09-10, 06:41 PM
I still don't get the towel part. The future I come from has time machines that let you travel with all your clothes.

Logic
2007-09-10, 06:52 PM
I still don't get the towel part. The future I come from has time machines that let you travel with all your clothes.

I assume it is a Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy reference somehow.

rubakhin
2007-09-10, 07:28 PM
I do this on occasion for no reason; because I am a sociopath.

It'll be nice to have an excuse to **** people around. Love the smoke bomb idea.

Archonic Energy
2007-09-11, 04:58 AM
shouldn't it be wear a scarf?
or that you need to drive a DeLorien all day, complaining that it takes 1.28 GW to rip a hole in space-time?
or something that vaugely has something to do with time travel?

why a towel?

LCR
2007-09-11, 05:12 AM
Mind telling us why?

When I was younger, time-travellers used to come to our village every year, kill all the cattle and have a barbecue. They also killed my favourite cow, Rosie.

I hate them.

Vampiric
2007-09-11, 05:30 AM
Everybody say *Awwww*.

Group hug.:smallbiggrin:

I like the Delorean idea AE. Now... if only I had one...:smallannoyed:

The towel was, to begin with, a suggestion because this day is in the name of humour, and HHG is pretty damn funny. Then it was suggested that fellow time-travellers can recognise each other through usage of the towel variety.:smallsmile:

CharlieSmiles
2007-09-12, 05:00 AM
If time travelers do end up coming you should either run or get your cameras out because something huge is about to happen. If you closely watch footage of the Hindenburg you'll notice people in silver jumpsuits taking pictures with their gamma cameras.

Ikkitosen
2007-09-12, 06:02 AM
Hahaha.

Bear in mind that that might be the day of the UK meetup. Could be a laugh!

Altharis
2007-09-12, 06:23 AM
Ooooh! In!

In fact, considering my school is full of Dr. Who nerds, this mide be a school-wide event!

Ninjas you say? Time to bring out the old ninja costume! (I actually have a ninja costume, that's what's scary.)

Cheers,
Altharis