PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Stryyke
2018-07-08, 12:42 AM
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. A lvl 6 druid transforming into a 1 HD animal, does it transform into a 6 HD version of the animal, or just a 1 HD version? Same question with MoMF.

Rebel7284
2018-07-08, 01:06 AM
Sort of both?

Your total HD, HP, and mental abilities stay the same, but you get the physical stats and some abilities (as described in Alternate form: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#alternateForm ) of the animal.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-07-08, 01:07 AM
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. A lvl 6 druid transforming into a 1 HD animal, does it transform into a 6 HD version of the animal, or just a 1 HD version? Same question with MoMF.

Your HD don't change but you use the physical ability scores and physical qualities of the most basic version of the animal, not one whose HD have been advanced.

Stryyke
2018-07-08, 01:09 AM
So I would be a 1 hd animal with the HP and mental faculties of a CL 6 Druid? So the BAB would be from the 1 hd animal?

Goaty14
2018-07-08, 01:13 AM
So I would be a 1 hd animal with the HP and mental faculties of a CL 6 Druid? So the BAB would be from the 1 hd animal?

Your gain:

the size of the creature, and if it has it, the aquatic subtype
the Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores of the new form, including their modifier and all the related effects, with the exception that changes to Constitution do not affect your Hit Points: Your HP are still determined by your original constitution.
all extraordinary special attacks possessed by the form. You do not get the extraordinary special qualities possessed by the new form such as darkvision, low-light vision and so forth, unless you reach MMF level 7. At MMF level 7, you also gain the so-called type and subtype traits written under Extraordinary qualities, like the immunities from plant traits.
You don’t get any supernatural or spell-like abilities.
natural armor bonus, movement modes, natural weapons (such as claws, bite, and so on) including the form’s attack routines like 2xclaw or 8xtentacle, and any gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth). You do not get racial bonus feats or racial skill boni. until you reach MMF level 7. The Official Game Rules FAQ notes that racial feats and skills are extraordinary qualities, so you get them when you each MMF level 7.
lost hit points as if you had rested for a night

You retain:

your own alignment and your HD with everything related to your HD: number of racial HD, LA, class and PrC levels, base attack bonus, skill ranks, base saves and all class and PrC abilities. DCs from extraordinary abilities are based on your HD, not the creatures.
your own hit points, but modified by healing (see above)
your own mind, including your own Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores
all extraordinary qualities of your original form, but no extraordinary attacks
all supernatural abilities of your original form except for breath weapons and gaze attacks
all spell-like abilities of your normal form
the ability to speak intelligibly only if a member of that race can usually speak, too. If you are an MMF, you can speak in any form.
any spellcasting ability you had in your original form, but can use verbal components only if you can speak in this form (see above), and can only use somatic or material components if you have limbs capable of fine manipulation
your subtypes
your type abilities and vulnerabilities: Even when wildshaped into a different type like animal, you are still vulnerable to spells that target your original type like hold person if you were humanoid, and still can use items that only your original type or race could use.

You lose:

all extraordinary special attacks not derived from class levels
your old natural attacks, if you have any, and your other old natural armor and movement modes
any item you carry melds into your form and becomes non-functional. Exceptions are items tied to a wildling clasp (Magic item compendium, 4.000 gp). Items tied to such a clasp remain active and change size to fit your new size.

You can designate the new form’s minor physical qualities (such as height, weight, hair color, hair texture, skin color etc) within the normal ranges for a creature of that kind. If you use this spell to create a disguise, you get a +10 bonus on your Disguise check, and are not tied to the other disguise modifiers from the PHB.
Any part of the body that is separated from the whole keeps its new form. If slain, you revert to your original form, though you remain dead. True Seeing spells or effect reveal your true form.

I'll just leave this here for all of your questions.

Stryyke
2018-07-08, 01:18 AM
Ok Thanks for clearing that up