PDA

View Full Version : Class super boosts

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-08, 11:50 AM
I am designing something for a campaign in which my pc's find something which gives each of them a big boost in power in some way or another. I am wondering about what these boosts should be and I want to separate them by class. to give a example I have already made one for the fighter

Adrenaline Boost: you now can take 2 actions, 3 bonus actions and 4 reactions each round

that is to give a idea about how powerful these boosts are

MrStabby
2018-07-08, 11:55 AM
I am designing something for a campaign in which my pc's find something which gives each of them a big boost in power in some way or another. I am wondering about what these boosts should be and I want to separate them by class. to give a example I have already made one for the fighter

Adrenaline Boost: you now can take 2 actions, 3 bonus actions and 4 reactions each round

that is to give a idea about how powerful these boosts are

Like permanent? Not like for a minute or an hour or a round?

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-08, 11:59 AM
It lasts for 1 round to 1 minute, it depends on how much materials and other things they use and the quality of the boost

JNAProductions
2018-07-08, 12:05 PM
Be aware-boosts like this will VASTLY increase your players' offensive output, but do very little for defense. It's gonna make the game a lot closer to rocket tag.

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-08, 12:07 PM
I know exactly, These boosts are gained from using extremely rare materials so they will essentially have 1-2 (2 is if they are very lucky) boost per 8-10 sessions I say this as to make it more of something they use in dire situations

Kane0
2018-07-08, 07:11 PM
Barbarian: Ignore HP damage
Bard: Using Inspiration affects all allies that can hear you
Cleric: Every spell cast incurs chance of Divine Intervention
Druid: Every spell cast allows you to wildshape an ally within 30' for free
Fighter: Take second turn each round
Monk: Refill Ki each turn
Paladin: Add the effects of a smite spell of same level when smiting
Ranger: Triple Proficiency bonus
Rogue: Double Sneak Attack damage with no restrictions on getting it
Sorcerer: Free metamagic on all spells, no restriction on leveled spells cast on your turn.
Warlock: Free Eldritch Blast when using a spell or invocation
Wizard: All spells upcast by 1 for free

Honest Tiefling
2018-07-08, 08:19 PM
Do you have creative types in your group? After the boosts have been discovered, having scholarly or academic characters either research, build or otherwise forge their own boosts might be a good way to reward role playing.

That and you can be lazy about it.

LudicSavant
2018-07-08, 09:57 PM
Barbarian: Ignore HP damage
Bard: Using Inspiration affects all allies that can hear you
Cleric: Every spell cast incurs chance of Divine Intervention
Druid: Every spell cast allows you to wildshape an ally within 30' for free
Fighter: Take second turn each round
Monk: Refill Ki each turn
Paladin: Add the effects of a smite spell of same level when smiting
Ranger: Triple Proficiency bonus
Rogue: Double Sneak Attack damage with no restrictions on getting it
Sorcerer: Free metamagic on all spells, no restriction on leveled spells cast on your turn.
Warlock: Free Eldritch Blast when using a spell or invocation
Wizard: All spells upcast by 1 for free

One of the problems with these is that they're too build-specific. For example, I know the meme is that every Warlock uses Eldritch Blast with Eldritch Blast invocations, but... not every Warlock uses Eldritch Blast with Eldritch Blast invocations (for example, some Hexblade builds). For another example, Druid gets to wildshape an ally for free? Far more benefit for a Moon Druid than any other kind.

Falcon X
2018-07-08, 10:05 PM
I allowed someone who chugged a Potion of Giant strength to knock over a skyscraper and toss a gargantuan creature. It was pretty fun.

Also, if you can find some old 3.5 templates (easily googleable). Have it give someone the Paragon template from Epic Level Handbook. Heck, other templates would be fun to look at too.

Kane0
2018-07-08, 10:07 PM
Just spitballing to get a start.

Ooh, how about for Druids every spell also summons a critter (CR = spell level) and Warlocks gain an ability analogous to Divine Intervention that has a chance to trigger when casting or using an invocation.