PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Cthulhu Tech Advice

Cap'n Gravelock
2018-07-08, 10:17 PM
Cooking up a campaign for Cthulhu Tech that takes place in the Philippines. While I've found information like the fact that the Philippines is NEG territory and that we send help to China who's being ravaged by the Rapine Storm, there's little other details about it found in the books. Also, we're running an Eldritch Society game.

CE DM
2018-07-15, 06:11 PM
So Tagers & occult scholars then?

look at "Ancient Enemies"?

I'd assume corporate espionage, lovecraft style, rather than straight up monster fighting in China. Fighting the Chrysalis Corporation seems kinda automatic for Tagers, no?

I guess I'm off a bit, here is what ancient enemies says: "Asia
The broad lands of Asia are a difficult place for citizens of the New Earth Government. The Disciples of the Rapine Storm own a great share of the continent, coupled with the Migou’s northern occupation. Unfortunately for the Eldritch Society, the Chrysalis Corporation has special dispensation to operate behind enemy lines and packs of Tagers sometimes must follow.

Fortunately, the Disciples of the Rapine Storm are a dangerous and unpredictable lot. This means that agents of the Chrysalis Corporation sometimes meet with hostilities from their supposed allies. While the relationship works in general, especially with the Corporation filtering weapons, ammunition, and mecha parts to the Storm, it is one more sticking point that is preventing the balance from tipping.

The Eldritch Society knows that the Children of Chaos have something special going on the Plateau of Leng. There are rumors and evidence, but they make little difference. The Society simply cannot find the mystically hidden plateau. There are those who volunteer for missions to go deep into hostile territory to attempt to find the place, knowing the difference it would make for the world. However, few such volunteers return and the Society allows few to go for just this reason.

The largest presence of the Chrysalis Corporation in Asia proper is in Mumbai, though the Disciples of the Rapine Storm may soon come knocking. Fortunately, as it is the Corporation’s center of business in this part of the world, agents of the Children of Chaos tend to behave themselves. This gives the Eldritch Society a more level playing field for operations here, something of which they take great advantage.

The Middle East is a dangerous place for the Eldritch Society, as the pull of the Director can be felt even here. Fortunately, there is little in the way of Chrysalis Corporation special operations here – it’s mostly business as usual. Still, the work of the Society extends to these lands, and the influence from Johannesburg doesn’t make it easy.

Despite a robust presence in Japan, the Chrysalis Corporation is not the main enemy here. The Disciples of Death’s Shadow have again moved in and become very active. Tokyo especially sees their wide-scale predations. For the most part, the Chrysalis Corporations stays out of the Death Shadows’ way, helping out where they can. This means that the Eldritch Society in Japan must fight differently than how they are accustomed and their foe is more deeply embedded in the infrastructure of the country. Instead of fighting a monstrous foe, they must fight against peoples’ own dark desires.

As in Europe, the Eldritch Society feels the need to help out the efforts of the New Earth Government. The Society has the capability to send Tagers into the territory of the Rapine Storm to gather intelligence that might normally be impossible for the NEG to find. Again, such information is filtered through the Global Intelligence Agency, who is finding the Society to be a very valuable ally.

Here, more than anyplace in the world besides Africa, agents of the Chrysalis Corporation operate pretty much openly. The company enjoys high regard for their relief efforts and the public values their presence. It is yet another difficult part of the world for the Eldritch Society."

Solaris
2018-07-15, 06:44 PM
I'd work out a general arc of battling Chrysalis Corp and pad it with monster-of-the-week. Mine Philippine mythology, as well as some others. Mythosify as necessary. End it with a relatively minor victory in the grand scheme of things, but a victory nonetheless.