PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with Kingdom building.

MrMonsterGuy18
2018-07-08, 11:18 PM
Hello, I am having trouble understanding the rules for building a kingdom in Pathfinder (From Ultimate Campaign). A few questions I have are:

What are Districts, how many can I have, and do they give you any benefits.
How many lots fit in a Hex
Are kingdoms supposed to have massive stats when they have massive hexes

Will you please explain these to me, because I’m getting really confused?

Palanan
2018-07-09, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't mind someone explaining the basics of this either, since the notion of stats for a kingdom has always seemed strange to me.

Are the rules for kingdom-building in Ultimate Campaign also found in Kingmaker? I've played through part of a Kingmaker campaign, but I wasn't that involved with the resource-allocation aspect of the game, so I'm not sure whether we were using "official" kingdom rules.

Andor13
2018-07-09, 04:32 PM
Hello, I am having trouble understanding the rules for building a kingdom in Pathfinder (From Ultimate Campaign). A few questions I have are:

What are Districts, how many can I have, and do they give you any benefits.
How many lots fit in a Hex
Are kingdoms supposed to have massive stats when they have massive hexes

Will you please explain these to me, because I’m getting really confused?

A district is a building grid for you to place buildings in. Think of it like a city building game where buying a settlement creates a board for you to fill, or a street layout for you to place things on.
So, each settlement is a 9x9 grid of large lots, each of which has 4 small lots on it. If you fill your grid, and want to keep adding buildings in that hex, then you have to buy a new settlement, which will add it's grid onto your existing city, like buying an expansion in any city building game.

So 36 lots per settlement/district. I'm going off the SRD so not all is clear, but a district is about 1 sq mile, and IIRC each hex is supposed to be about 10 miles across, so a limit of 100 districts per hex seems reasonable, although I could easily be missing a rule.

I have no idea what massive hexes are.

Malimar
2018-07-09, 04:40 PM
each hex is supposed to be about 10 miles across
12, but the math works out similarly.

Each hex is 12 miles from corner to corner, representing an area of just less than 95 square miles.