PDA

View Full Version : Player Help elder evil devotion

jdizzlean
2018-07-09, 12:36 AM
I can't seem to find where it spells out exactly what you gain access to beyond bonus vile feats. Can someone cite the source and page ?

Kelb_Panthera
2018-07-09, 12:41 AM
I can't seem to find where it spells out exactly what you gain access to beyond bonus vile feats. Can someone cite the source and page ?

I don't have an exact paid for you but the sources Elder evils, towards the beginning.

jdizzlean
2018-07-09, 01:15 AM
yea, i've been looking at it for an hour and can't seem to comprehend :(

Nifft
2018-07-09, 01:22 AM
Page 10, second paragraph under Serving Elder Evils.

jdizzlean
2018-07-09, 01:33 AM
i see that. i guess i should be specific.

i read elsewhere that for example a devotion to sertous grants access to all domains in existence, but i can't find the specific text to back that up. That's what i'm asking about, other benefits beyond just the bonus vile feats by HD.

Venger
2018-07-09, 02:00 AM
Sertrous specifically grants the ability to pick whatever domains you feel like if you're a cleric (note, this is access to any domains, so 2 or however many your guy can pick, not access to all domains like a chameleon.) It says so on page 116. Other than that, if you devote yourself to one of the other elder evils, all you get is the feats.

Nifft
2018-07-09, 02:01 AM
i see that. i guess i should be specific.

i read elsewhere that for example a devotion to sertous grants access to all domains in existence, but i can't find the specific text to back that up. That's what i'm asking about, other benefits beyond just the bonus vile feats by HD. Can you ask that person what he or she meant?

The book says that elder evils don't grant spells, so domain spells in specific wouldn't be granted by any of them.

Sertrous is all about devotion to non-gods, so you could get any arbitrary pair of domains by following his teachings and worshiping a concept / ideal / yourself. Of course, you could have done that without Sertrous too.

Fouredged Sword
2018-07-09, 08:46 PM
I think this is the trick

A god who allows all domains + the substitute domain spell allows you to switch your domains around temprarily to any domains you want.

Substitue domain does not work for clerics of a concept. It requires a god.

Nifft
2018-07-09, 08:57 PM
I think this is the trick

A god who allows all domains + the substitute domain spell allows you to switch your domains around temprarily to any domains you want.

Substitue domain does not work for clerics of a concept. It requires a god.

Then it would also not work for a non-god like Sertrous who explicitly "allows" you to get domains as if you worshiped an ideal.