PDA

View Full Version : Player Help On hit spells 3.5

Skullruss
2018-07-09, 05:48 PM
I want to play as a Black Blood Cultist with an insane amount of natural attacks. When i grapple they all hit, so i'm looking for on-hit effects to capitalize on this. Anything works 3.0/3.5, no pathfinder tho.

ViperMagnum357
2018-07-09, 06:47 PM
Claws are probably the easiest to get; there are a fair number of ways to get claw attacks if you have the arms already. Lesser Thri-kreen (Shining South), the Obah-Blessed template (Dungeon Magazine 136), and 9 levels in Fang of Lolth (Song and Silence) can get you a whole mess of claws before Incarnum or grafts.

If you want to focus on one type, the Thayan Gladiator from Champions of Ruin will enhance one type of natural attack-I recommend 7-8 levels for a claw build, which opens up some decent Crits and provide some riders, like Stun on crits plus a magic weapon effect.

If you wind up with a lot of natural attacks, Amulet of Mighty Fists is a lot cheaper than necklace of natural weapons, though you can use the latter to provide extra effects as well once you are sufficiently rich.

Nifft
2018-07-09, 06:51 PM
Get yourself a cohort Bard with Dragonfire Inspiration.

2-level dip in Swordsage gets you Wis to AC (in light armor) and Desert Wind boosts which give all your attacks 1d6+(HD/2) fire damage for 1 round.

What caster level will you be, and which spell lists can you get access to?

Thurbane
2018-07-09, 07:28 PM
Any range: touch spells that last multiple rounds or for multiple "touches" would discharge on claw attacks (often a limit limit of 1/round, I believe, but there are exceptions): things like Chill Touch etc.

Issue is that you can usually only hold the charge on one touch spell at a time.

RaiKirah
2018-07-09, 07:32 PM
Issue is that you can usually only hold the charge on one touch spell at a time.

Spell Flower (SpC198) takes care of that nicely

Edit: You may want to Persist it for action economy reasons though

Cavir
2018-07-10, 08:13 AM
2-level dip in Swordsage gets you Wis to AC (in light armor) and Desert Wind boosts which give all your attacks 1d6+(HD/2) fire damage for 1 round.
Punishing Stance would give you +1d6 damage per attack without worrying about spell slots or casting. With a high number of attacks you become a chainsaw.

Skullruss
2018-07-11, 03:59 AM
Get yourself a cohort Bard with Dragonfire Inspiration.

What caster level will you be, and which spell lists can you get access to?

I'm thinking cleric levels, though leadership is banned, as it often is, so I might go bars and buff myself. Maybe divine bard. Any suggestion?

SLOTHRPG95
2018-07-12, 01:35 PM
Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang give some additional damage output per hit (not a lot), not as spells you cast since you're a Cleric, but find a Druid who can cast it on you and then have someone hit it with Permanency. Long-term worth the cost if that's the build you're going for.

RaiKirah
2018-07-12, 03:46 PM
Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang give some additional damage output per hit (not a lot), not as spells you cast since you're a Cleric, but find a Druid who can cast it on you and then have someone hit it with Permanency. Long-term worth the cost if that's the build you're going for.

If you take the Scalykind Domain (can't recall, but probably Secrets of Sarlona) you can in fact cast those spells as a Cleric!

SLOTHRPG95
2018-07-12, 04:54 PM
If you take the Scalykind Domain (can't recall, but probably Secrets of Sarlona) you can in fact cast those spells as a Cleric!

I stand corrected. I believe it's also re-produced in the SpC. But I don't know if OP's deity/cult would give access to that domain or not.