PDA

View Full Version : Best school for Insightful Strike on a Swordsage

Deadkitten
2018-07-10, 12:43 PM
Hey guys I'm building a Swordsage and I was curious what people thought was the best school for their level 4 discipline focus ability Insightful Strikes, which grants their level in damage when executing a strike from the chosen school. Thanks in advance guys!

Darrin
2018-07-10, 01:12 PM
Usually, Diamond Mind, as it's pretty strike-heavy.

Desert Wind I tend to grab boosts, although I might take Death Mark for clearing out mooks.

Setting Sun I usually ignore, although if you're specializing on the throws that do damage, I suppose that might make sense.

Shadow Hand I grab the mobility/utility stuff and usually ignore the strikes.

Stone Dragon, I take Mountain Hammer and ignore it until Mountain Tombstone Strike is available.

Tiger Claw is probably #2 for strikes after Diamond Mind, although I tend to prefer boosts over strikes (TWFing).

Nifft
2018-07-10, 02:01 PM
Desert Wind has a lot of value, if you can use [Fire] damage regularly. There's also the bonus-attack Strike in Desert Wind, having an extra attack PLUS damage is pretty nice.

Diamond Mind also has a lot of value.

Shadow Hand might be brokenly good if you go heavy into their ability damage Strikes, and your DM allows +Wis to ability damage.

Tiger Claw has more than one extra-attack Strike, so it's a solid choice if you go the TWF route.