PDA

View Full Version : Pact of the raven queen kenku

Bnewby724@gmail
2018-07-11, 06:24 AM
What would be a better option multiclassing a rogue warlock or a sorcerer warlock. I dont have stats yet I'm still creating the creating the characters backstory but right now I'm thinking about pact of the raven queen kenku that made the pact to remove the curse of the kenku. But was only granted the ability to fly through his raven familar.

Mahloosh
2018-09-05, 11:30 PM
rogue works better with the whole kenku thing, but you definitely need to take the warlock pact of the chain to get a second raven familiar, and convince the dm to run CoS so you can run into a wereraven and "accidentally" contract the curse so you can be an attempted murder(sure i know it's technically an unkindness, but the pun doesnt work that way).... maybe somehow get a hold of the spell conjure animals to summon even more.... i mean... it's not like this is something i've thought alot about... and i mean if you have a REALLY permissive dm, maybe see about obtaining a modified/reskinned pipe of the sewers that instead conjurers ravens instead of rats.... i mean imagine having swarms of ravens at your command....

kamap
2018-09-06, 03:35 AM
They both have their uses and will be fun to play. I'm guessing a Hexblade since your referencing the Raven Queen.
Sorlock or warcerer will probably be pact of the tome for extra cantrips, some rituals like find familiar and such. Will probably heavily use eldritch blast.
Roguelock or wargue will probably go pact of the chain for an imp so you can poison whatever weapon you'll be using the imp can polymorp into a raven, rat and spider.
I'd guess a range weapon (maybe even dagger throwing for the coolness factor) would be best for sneaking around and staying on the fringes of battle and sending in your familiar for easy advantage for sneak attack bonus.

If you go with the Raven theme you can also be a Conspiracy.

To help you more some extra information would be helpfull.

What are your goals for your character? Support / healer, damage dealer, good in social situations be it with intimidation, persuasion or deception or all of the social skills?
What is your sorcerer origin or what kind of rogue.

Ogun
2018-09-06, 09:50 AM
Asecedant step is great for this as is Flight as a 3rd level spell.
For actual wings, divine soul, but it's a long wait.
I'm interested to see what you do.
No real reason (beyond fun) to multiclass as far as I can see.

Ventruenox
2018-09-06, 10:49 AM
I agree that we could use some additional information about your character and your party role to help provide you with options.

If you are going to act as the party scout, one level of Rogue for Expertise in Perception is well worth the dip. You get to cheese those checks something awful with that synergy. Bard 2 accomplishes the same thing, and also gives a few more spell slots with CHA based casting. (Vicious Mockery is a great choice and also thematic).

Reskinning your EB as spectral ravens could also be fun.

MagneticKitty
2018-09-06, 01:45 PM
Would be cool if you changed into a raven aaracokra late game when the curse was lifted. Then you could talk too.
Tome, chain, or magic initiate wizard and take an albino raven or dove familiar. Then you have an angel and devil on your shoulders.