I'm thinking for stats:
8 str, 14+2 dex, 13 con, 10 int, 12 wis,15 +1 cha
Might switch wis and con depending on which +1 feat would be good

Probably diplomat feat.. So might make cha odd
Studded leather, Rapier, and shield

Things I want tips on:
1. What feats would you suggest,
2. what oath would you suggest
3. Which fighting style do you recommend?
4. Other things to suggest?
5. Any must have spells?

Looking to be a front liner (sturdy but not necessarily tank) and stealthy (because how often you see stealth paladin) with some minor healing. Like a swashbuckler almost.

Vogie
2018-07-11, 12:16 PM
I might swap Str and Wis, just so you could potentially MC late game with a feat or ASI

Since you're finessing, Defensive Duelist is an option allowing you to react with a +Prof to AC, which scales with level.
Shield Master could be used instead, and may be a better option, as it assists on some saving throws
Since you're in the target's face, Sentinel is excellent, unless you have another party member who has it as well.

CTurbo
2018-07-11, 01:09 PM
I'd start Tabaxi with 8 Str, 16 Dex, 13 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 16 Cha and take Res(Con) at level 4 to bump Con to 14 and I would probably spend every other ASI bumping Dex and Cha from there, or if you really want a feat, I'd take either Sentinel or Defensive Duelist to give you something good to do with your reaction. Probably take the Dueling fighting Style but Defensive is always good.

I think a Devotion Tabaxi would be flavorful. Sacred Weapon is a very Swashbuckler like feature. Immunity to Charm would be nice too.
Vengeance would be a great choice too if you really want to be offensive based. Vow of Enmity is also very Swashbuckler like. Vengeance gets shafted on the level 7 feature though IMO.
Ancients is always great if it fits your concept. Very defensive. Definitely the best level 7 Aura IMO.

Diplomat is a flavorful feat, but on a Paladin using the Standard Array, I just don't think you have room for it. Paladins are already ASI hungry as it is.

I've played a Dexadin before and it was a lot of fun. Got my hands on a Scimitar of Speed and was a beast in combat lol

MagneticKitty
2018-07-11, 01:15 PM
I might swap Str and Wis, just so you could potentially MC late game with a feat or ASI

Since you're finessing, Defensive Duelist is an option allowing you to react with a +Prof to AC, which scales with level.
Shield Master could be used instead, and may be a better option, as it assists on some saving throws
Since you're in the target's face, Sentinel is excellent, unless you have another party member who has it as well.

I'll look into that,
I think I have to have a multiclass in mind to justify that I have to be intending to mc
If so I'd probably do 13 str, 16 dex, 12 con, 8 int, 10 wis, 16 cha
Which is ok too.
Maybe sorcerer or warlock?

I was vengeance before last time I played paladin so probably not that

I was first thinking of redeption.
But ancients is really cool! I'll take a closer look at that one

Vogie
2018-07-11, 01:46 PM
I'll look into that,
I think I have to have a multiclass in mind to justify that I have to be intending to mc
If so I'd probably do 13 str, 16 dex, 12 con, 8 int, 10 wis, 16 cha
Which is ok too.
Maybe sorcerer or warlock?

I was vengeance before last time I played paladin so probably not that

I was first thinking of redeption.
But ancients is really cool! I'll take a closer look at that one

Not necessarily - With your original stats, you wouldn't have even had the option to maybe MC. With those stats, you'd also be able to:

Dip Rogue
Dip Fighter
Dip Bard
Dip Sorcerer
Dip Warlock
Take Paladin to 20
Dip Barbarian, for... some reason
Which gives you a lot more options... even if you don't use it at all.

I'd think you'll want to focus more on what character concept you're going after to decide what you want to do. Some ideas to get your noodle cooking

Conquest Paladin / Archfey Warlock - Battlefield control via Fear
Crown Paladin / Stone Sorcerer - Sir Smites-a-lot
Vengeance Paladin / Rogue - All attacks are sneak attacks
Redemption Paladin / Valor Bard - Warmaster

MagneticKitty
2018-07-11, 03:23 PM
I forgot about valor which could be good with bonus action attack.

What I might do is
Str 13, dex 12 +2, con 14, int 8, wis 10, cha 15+1
With medium armor
With hexblade bladelock to make the build very SAD. Also short rest partial recharge. What level of split would you do? If multiclassing paladin out when would you switch?

Vogie
2018-07-11, 03:57 PM
What I might do is
Str 13, dex 12 +2, con 14, int 8, wis 10, cha 15+1
With medium armor
With hexblade bladelock to make the build very SAD. Also short rest partial recharge. What level of split would you do? If multiclassing paladin out when would you switch?

Since you're using a 1-handed weapon, you can use a single level of Hexblade to become SAD, and you'll have a single spell that recharges on a short rest, as well as cantrips. You can always increase warlock levels for invocations & a second spell slot, but your next level would likely be in Paladin for the Extra attack. So, either start the game with Paladin 5 and then go 1 level into warlock at level 6, or Pal 4/ War 1 to begin, and then grab Paladin 5 the first time you level up.

CTurbo
2018-07-11, 04:05 PM
I'm gonna throw this wild and crazy idea out there....

Don't multiclass at all. Not every build has to be a fancy multiclass. 5e Paladins are crazy strong as is.

There, I said it lol

EvilAnagram
2018-07-11, 04:11 PM
I'd start Tabaxi with 8 Str, 16 Dex, 13 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 16 Cha and take Res(Con) at level 4 to bump Con to 14 and I would probably spend every other ASI bumping Dex and Cha from there, or if you really want a feat, I'd take either Sentinel or Defensive Duelist to give you something good to do with your reaction. Probably take the Dueling fighting Style but Defensive is always good.

I think a Devotion Tabaxi would be flavorful. Sacred Weapon is a very Swashbuckler like feature. Immunity to Charm would be nice too.
Vengeance would be a great choice too if you really want to be offensive based. Vow of Enmity is also very Swashbuckler like. Vengeance gets shafted on the level 7 feature though IMO.
Ancients is always great if it fits your concept. Very defensive. Definitely the best level 7 Aura IMO.

Diplomat is a flavorful feat, but on a Paladin using the Standard Array, I just don't think you have room for it. Paladins are already ASI hungry as it is.

I've played a Dexadin before and it was a lot of fun. Got my hands on a Scimitar of Speed and was a beast in combat lol

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but I would add that Mage Slayer is an oft-overlooked feat that can provide you with some reaction smites and help to wreck the Concentration of your enemies.

MagneticKitty
2018-07-11, 05:27 PM
I'm gonna throw this wild and crazy idea out there....

Don't multiclass at all. Not every build has to be a fancy multiclass. 5e Paladins are crazy strong as is.

There, I said it lol

I'm not opposed to this (see that I started with 8 str in my first post lol)
I do like the paladin by itself.

EvilAnagram
2018-07-11, 06:02 PM
I'm not opposed to this (see that I started with 8 str in my first post lol)
I do like the paladin by itself.

Personally, I recommend not multiclassing dex paladins

Arelai
2018-07-11, 10:27 PM
I’ve had this idea:

Vuman w/ crossbow expert
Point buy to start with 16 dex 16 cha.
Paladin 3 - devotion(+cha to attack rolls from channel divinity).
Fighter 1(for archery fighting style)

Use a Hand crossbow. Take sharpshooter at paladin 4, extra attack at 5.

So, at level 6 you can attack 3 times, if they all hit its 3d6 magical +3d4 radiant, +30(ss), +9(mod x3). And your modifier to hit for 1 min would be +11 (3dex 3cha +2 archery +3 proficiency).

You can be melee with crossbow expert feat, or up to 60ft with sharpshooter. And you can actually cast spells instead of having to always just burn slots for smites.

sophontteks
2018-07-12, 03:57 PM
Getting 13 strength just to multiclass out of a very strong class is not worth it IMO.

Wanna break social encounters with your original build?
Persuasion proficiency, diplomat, oath of redemption.
At level 3 you are rocking +12 to persuasion. There is really nothing else to be said about the viability of the build.

Make sure you have the insight skill as well!

willdaBEAST
2018-07-12, 07:48 PM
I ran a Dex based Lizardfolk Paladin for ToA. The natural armor works really well with a Dex focus, avoids any disadvantage to stealth that heavy armor will grant and if you're in a location where you need to swim, Lizardfolk shine.

I did Oath of the Crown which provided a lot of tanking and flexibility. I was a secondary healer, primary tank for a lot of the campaign and was still an effective source of damage.

MagneticKitty
2018-07-16, 12:01 PM
I ran a Dex based Lizardfolk Paladin for ToA. The natural armor works really well with a Dex focus, avoids any disadvantage to stealth that heavy armor will grant and if you're in a location where you need to swim, Lizardfolk shine.

I did Oath of the Crown which provided a lot of tanking and flexibility. I was a secondary healer, primary tank for a lot of the campaign and was still an effective source of damage.

Lizard folk is interesting but kinda MAD with the Asis not being great for this build...
I do like their a.c. but I think they make better druids.
Also role-playing a sociopath might be hard.... But definitely an interesting choice