PDA

View Full Version : Help! Anyone seen this feat before?

Adamantly d20
2018-07-12, 02:51 AM
So the feat in question, is 3.5 to the best of my knowledge and memory and is as follows;

-Requires 6/1 BAB or higher
-Allows a single spell to be cast as part of a full attack in place of an attack with a natural or manufactured weapon.

I have seen this in some splatbook or maybe 7 seas swashbuckling adventures or somewhere else. Has anyone seen this feat before and if so what is it called. Many thanks in advanced.

Added:
I found the old character sheet with the 'feat' but it doesn't make sense that I can't find it anywhere online. Maybe it was homebrew. On the sheet it was called 'battlecasting'

'as a full attack action, after making your first attack, you may cast a spell with a casting time of a standard action or less instead of taking any additional attacks.'

Kayblis
2018-07-12, 03:31 AM
Are you sure it's a feat? This is pretty much the same as the Duskblade's Arcane Channeling ability.

Venger
2018-07-12, 03:43 AM
It's not a published first-party feat. It's probably from dandwiki.

Adamantly d20
2018-07-12, 12:18 PM
It is probably assumed at this point to be 3rd party. I looked at duskblade ability and although useful, it isn't the ability I am trying to remember.

If it's 3rd party, I can just homebrew a recreation of the feat and give it a name I guess. Was just trying to see if it was a published feat

umbergod
2018-07-12, 02:06 PM
Sounds a lot like pf Magus Spell Combat

Gingaroth
2018-07-12, 02:33 PM
Could it be the 'Smiting Spell' feat from Player's Handbook II?
It's very similar to the Arcane Channeling ability.

Telonius
2018-07-12, 03:02 PM
Channel Touch Spell (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Channel_Touch_Spell_(3.5e_Feat)) from dandwiki seems similar.

The Viscount
2018-07-12, 03:02 PM
It's a stretch, but could it have possibly been Spellrazor from Races of Stone?

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-12, 03:21 PM
Sounds a lot like pf Magus Spell CombatSpell Combat (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/#TOC-Spell-Combat-Ex-) has the full-attack requirement mentioned by the OP while I'm not seeing that in the other examples. That's a good guess. But it's at 1st level and works like Two Weapon Fighting, and the feat described is going to be at +6 BAB and works like an iterative attack.

Adamantly d20
2018-07-12, 06:36 PM
Spellrazor is the closest thing to it so far. I thank all of you for taking the time to answer and try to help me find this obscure feat

Thurbane
2018-07-12, 09:37 PM
I agree, Spellrazor is the closest I can find.

...I had a nagging feeling there was a FR feat that was a little closer to what the OP was asking for, but I can't find it. I may have been thinking of the class features of the Raumathari Battlemage.

Adamantly d20
2018-07-13, 03:36 PM
Again many thanks. I love this community. You guys rock

Gingaroth
2018-08-16, 03:46 AM
Yesterday I was looking through the Miniatures handbook for something else and came across the Havoc Mage. The Battlecast class ability reminded me of your question:

"A havoc mage gains the ability to cast spells of a certain level or lower while making a weapon attack. He may take a full-round action to attack and cast a spell."

The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less.

I don't know if you can still use this, but I thought I'd add it anyway.