PDA

View Full Version : CrowdShuffler - a new random NPC generator

evilmastermind
2018-07-12, 10:43 AM
Hi there!
I've been looking for a tool to generate NPCs on the fly with names, personality and a simple background so that I would always have a new fella to roleplay when my players felt like exploring.

I couldn't exactly find one that satisfied me, so I created one myself!

Behold, the CrowdShuffler(for Excel/LibreOffice ):
laderon.altervista.org/files/crowdshuffler/CrowdShuffler.zip

I created 3 versions, for Pathfinder, D&D 3.5 and 5e.

You have a few options for your NPCs generation, such as sex, level, alignment, class, deity, primary and secondary race of your location, background, quirks, voice type, etc.

Here's an example of what it generates:
(first 4 random characters with default settings)

Millie Cannon, level 2 female Human Warrior (Argumentative,Unconcerned) Chaotic Neutral
The board member who belongs to a secret organization.
-Soft-spoken voice: speaking or said in a quiet gentle voice.

Maethal Spiderbender, level 3 male Dwarf Druid (Frustrated,Lowly) Lawful Neutral
The sorcerer from an unusual family line.
-Dead voice: if someone’s eyes are dead, or if their voice is dead, they feel or show no emotion.

Marcella 'The Bright' Nutlea, level 2 female Human Warrior (Fidgety,Disagreeable) Chaotic Neutral
The glazier who is ugly as sin.
-Thick voice: if your voice is thick with an emotion, it sounds less clear than usual because of the emotion.

Gilbert Kichi, level 2 male Human Commoner (Uncommitted,Rough) Chaotic Neutral
Loves children. The duelist who is a jack of all trades.
-Low voice: used for describing a deep voice or a sound that has a long wavelength.

It is partially based on tables and websites I found online, so all credits go to their owners.

I'd like you to tell me what you think of it, and if you think it's worth publishing I'd like to know where I could upload it so that other masters and players may use it!

Thank you!