PDA

View Full Version : Template Power

cartejos
2018-07-14, 10:16 AM
Is there a list of templates with a power rating attached to them?
If there isn't what are the best/your favorite templates?

Mike Miller
2018-07-14, 10:45 AM
I believe there is a big book of templates. I like the standard templates from the monster manual, such as half fiend or celestial, vampire, etc

Goaty14
2018-07-14, 01:24 PM
1) No

2)Power-wise...
-Saint (REALLY good on anything wis-based, but has REALLY strict requirements)
-Feral (Cheap Fast Healing)

ViperMagnum357
2018-07-14, 01:54 PM
I have always been partial to the Voidmind Creature template from MM3. I never liked the RP requirements of having to specifically free yourself from control rather than just being a powerful experiment under standard thrall to Mind Flayers; however, mechanically, I always try to fit it in if the build is not Undead or Construct-the flat immunities to ability damage and drain are too good to pass up.

ShurikVch
2018-07-14, 02:48 PM
Is there a list of templates with a power rating attached to them?AFAIK, the only thing there is the Tier system for templates (http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=7044.0)

unseenmage
2018-07-14, 07:19 PM
Sacred Guardian from Bestiary of Krynn is a must for giving Constructs Int on the cheap.

The Amalgam template from Advanced Bestiary is all sorts of fun on both sides of the GM screen. Blend any two creatures together. Right now I'm playing a Doppelganger+Mimic and it's a hoot.

Mineral Warrior is fun too esp as it can be applied via spell.