PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Feat

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-14, 12:17 PM
one of my players is thinking of having a druid who is tactical and uses wit fro battle. Multiclassing into like rogue and fighter doesn't work with the character idea so I am thinking he could have a feat to compensate, anyone have some ideas?

JNAProductions
2018-07-14, 12:28 PM
Something simple, like this?

Battle Acumen
Your great intelligence and tactical skill has served you well in battle. You gain the following benefits:
-+1 Intelligence
-When attacking with a simple or natural weapon, you may use your Intelligence modifier for attack and damage
-Once per short rest, you may issue an order as a bonus action to an ally within 60' that can see or hear you. They may, as a reaction, make a single weapon attack, move up to their speed without provoking attacks of opportunity, or take the Dodge action.

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-14, 12:44 PM
Eh not really. the using intelligence for simple weapons doesn't really work, something more purely mind based that works well for a spellcaster but it is similar to what I am looking for

JNAProductions
2018-07-14, 12:52 PM
Eh not really. the using intelligence for simple weapons doesn't really work, something more purely mind based that works well for a spellcaster but it is similar to what I am looking for

You could just let them use Int instead of Wis for casting. Would that do it?

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-14, 01:23 PM
That's honestly really not that good. They are a druid at first and have high wisdom already. Using another mental ability for spell casting just isn't that good at all in my personal opinion

Lalliman
2018-07-14, 01:37 PM
What would the feat be compensating for? Having decent Int and playing tactically doesn't break your character. Is that not enough? What else is he looking to do?

Edit: Tactics and wit can easily be attributed to Wisdom too. So what's the problem?

Bannan_mantis
2018-07-14, 01:44 PM
that isn't the problem. The problem is the part of the feat where they use intelligence for simple weapons which doesn't work with the idea in mind. everything else is ok

JNAProductions
2018-07-14, 02:22 PM
What do you want? You're not very clear on that.

rferries
2018-07-14, 03:13 PM
Which version is this for? Assuming 3.5...

A feat that switches their Int (or Wis, whichever you prefer) modifier as an insight bonus to one of the following:

-their attack rolls
-their Armour Class
-their initiative rolls
-one of the above statistics, but for all allies within 30 ft. instead of themselves (they direct their allies' tactics)

Ninja_Prawn
2018-07-14, 03:18 PM
(alternatively, assuming 5e)

Why not just pick the Martial Adept feat from the PHB, with the Commander's Strike and Rally manoeuvres? There's not really any need for homebrew here.

Goaty14
2018-07-14, 03:38 PM
-their attack rolls

Intuitive Strike (BoED), just remove the [Exalted] tag.

-their Armour Class

Monk belt?