PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Scry & Die (divination attack spells)

rferries
2018-07-14, 03:58 PM
Baleful Scrying
Divination (Scrying) [Force]
Level: Knowledge 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, M/DF, F
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: See text
Effect: See text
Duration: 1 min/level or until discharged
Save: Will negates; Reflex half (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Your rage grows as you observe your nemesis in the enchanted mirror. Unable to control your hatred any longer, you shatter the glass - and with it, your foe's life.

This spell functions as scrying, save that at any point during the effect you may destroy the focus. If you do so, your foe must succeed on a Reflex save or take 1d6 points of force damage per caster level (maximum 25d6). A successful Reflex save halves the damage. Destroying the focus discharges and ends the spell.

A creature that notices the sensor (i.e. has Intelligence 12 or greater and succeeds on a DC 20 Intelligence check, benefits from detect scrying, etc.) gains a +4 bonus on the Reflex save.

Eye of Doom
Divination [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: 1 mile
Effect: See text
Duration: 1 hour/level or until discharged
Save: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: Yes

You cup the candle's flame in your hand, make a slight grasping gesture... and the flame continues to burn in midair above your open palm. It grows in size and reshapes into a fiery eye with a most unpleasant gaze.

You don't know where your foe is hiding, but your new pet does...

You transform a small open flame into a magical assassin, in the form of a disembodied eye of flame with a vertical pupil. The eye flies at at speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability, and unerringly seeks out a creature within range that you designate at the time of casting.

The eye is a Fine construct with the [Fire] subtype, about the size of a small apple, has 1 hit point, and AC 18 (+8 bonus for its size). Once the eye reaches its target it detonates in their space precisely like a fireball (maximum 15d6 damage). It flies around obstacles as appropriate, but if attacked or otherwise halted it detonates prematurely.

Material Component
A small open flame, such as a candle, lantern, or torch.

nonsi
2018-07-19, 11:24 AM
Very nice :smallsmile:

2 things:
Baleful Scrying: Evasion is quite a common ability
Eye of Doom: Does the eye require an attack roll? If so, then how do I calculate the eye's attack bonus?

rferries
2018-07-19, 02:30 PM
Very nice :smallsmile:

2 things:
Baleful Scrying: Evasion is quite a common ability
Eye of Doom: Does the eye require an attack roll? If so, then how do I calculate the eye's attack bonus?

Thanks!

1. Yeah, I think it's fair though - if you're trying to spam the spell to kill the BBEG from afar they should have the odds stacked in their favour.

2. No, it works just like fireball - just allows a Reflex save.