PDA

View Full Version : Athasian Human From Dr319

cartejos
2018-07-15, 07:40 AM
The Athasian Human from Dragon 319 gets four psionic powers and 18 Power Points as one of their racials.

They have all the racial traits as humans in the players handbook except
They get +2 to 2 stats
3 points at 1, 3 more at 5, 5 more at 10, and 7 at 15.
They get a 1st level power at 1, 2nd level at 5, 3rd level at 10, and 4th level at 15.
LA +1

If a character were to be an athasian human, what would the 4 best powers be? I'm not super familiar with psionics, but Athasian Humans seem pretty good. I had my eye on Hustle as the 3rd level power, and maybe Schism for the 4th level. Is it possible to set up a PP recharge trick using a 1st level and a 2nd level power? All powers must be chosen from Psion/Wilder list.

Necroticplague
2018-07-15, 10:24 AM
How frequently are these powers usable? Are they PLAs, or powers known?

KillianHawkeye
2018-07-15, 11:13 AM
How frequently are these powers usable? Are they PLAs, or powers known?

Considering the number of racial Power Points and the fact that it's Dark Sun, they're probably actual Psion/Wilder powers rather than Psi-like Abilities.

Crichton
2018-07-15, 11:27 AM
Considering the number of racial Power Points and the fact that it's Dark Sun, they're probably actual Psion/Wilder powers rather than Psi-like Abilities.

They are. They must be drawn from the Psion/Wilder list. No discipline powers, mantle powers, or other class exclusive powers.

As for which is best, that'll largely depend on what class you're playing. General use stuff at 1st level could be Vigor for HP, Inertial Armor for AC (if your class doesn't wear armor), a utility power like Attraction, Grease, Call Item (very versatile), or a damage power. Crystal Shard is good, and you can augment it later for more damage, once you have a higher level.

Troacctid
2018-07-15, 03:25 PM
There are strong powers at every level. I usually like conceal thoughts at 1st for the +10 Bluff. Detect hostile intent is great at 2nd, as is psionic levitate, or you could go with psionic tongues to combo with conceal thoughts. 3rd level has some nice AoE effects, or time hop for general utility. 4th level I think the pick has to be psionic dimension door given the amazing buffs it got in Complete Psionic. Remember discipline powers are unavailable, so standbys like metamorphosis, schism, astral construct, psionic charm, and clairvoyant sense are out.

sleepyphoenixx
2018-07-15, 04:26 PM
Sense Danger and Forced Dream (both MoE) are both pretty good. They're both 3rd level powers though.
Share Pain is always a good go-to for your 2nd level power. Feat Leech and Concealing Amorpha are also good options for that level, though Feat Leech requires some setup. Bestow Power if you want to go for the infinite PP combo.
For 1st level powers i definitely wouldn't take Vigor since it eats too many PP to be effective. Instead i'd suggest Inertial Armor or Entangling Ectoplasm. Or Synchronicity if you want to go for cheese, which combines quite nicely with Sense Danger.
4th level powers aren't quite as great. I'd probably take the other of Sense Danger and Forced Dream here. Otherwise it's either Energy Adaption (nice because the augment is immediate action) or Psychic Reformation.

For infinite PP you can just combine Bestow Power with Midnight Augmentation (+another source of bonus essentia) from Magic of Incarnum. Or just buy a stack of Manifester Shuriken.