PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Rot Otherworldly Patron and Invocations [PEACH]

Llama513
2018-07-15, 07:06 PM
I got my first set of comic books yesterday, Swamp Thing, and was inspired by what I saw out of the chosen of the Rot, and so I wanted to make a character that did so. I wasn't able to find anything that I felt really fit, so I decided to make something of my own design, and a few invocations to go along with it. I am a little rusty so there may be somethings that really need adressing that I am not noticing at the moment.

The link to the homebrewerey is here: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1WL5VF7m

rferries
2018-07-16, 05:14 AM
Can't comment on 5e, but I will say hurrah for Swamp Thing!

Llama513
2018-07-16, 06:31 PM
Can't comment on 5e, but I will say hurrah for Swamp Thing!

Glad to see another who enjoys it, I just finished up Snyder's run, so I may need to rework the archetype for flavor now that I understand it better, but then again I think I am pretty close to the feel

Vogie
2018-07-18, 12:07 PM
The ribbon ability for warlocks is their level 10 ability, not level 6 - From looking at it, you can just switch them. Maybe adjust the stats down a tad, then have it expand to the current level at 10.

The Avatar of Rot form seems pretty good, but 14th level abilities are typically LR abilities... If you wanted to make that more powerful, that would be interesting. Otherwise I think it's fine.

The invocations need the requirement for The Rot patron, so they're not available to all characters. I do think the Rot Blade & Rotting Blast invocations need a level requirement... probably level 7, if I was to guesstimate. They're too powerful for a levels 2-3, but certainly good.

Llama513
2018-07-18, 11:53 PM
The ribbon ability for warlocks is their level 10 ability, not level 6 - From looking at it, you can just switch them. Maybe adjust the stats down a tad, then have it expand to the current level at 10.

The Avatar of Rot form seems pretty good, but 14th level abilities are typically LR abilities... If you wanted to make that more powerful, that would be interesting. Otherwise I think it's fine.

The invocations need the requirement for The Rot patron, so they're not available to all characters. I do think the Rot Blade & Rotting Blast invocations need a level requirement... probably level 7, if I was to guesstimate. They're too powerful for a levels 2-3, but certainly good.

Fixed the ribbon ability and control rot.

As for the invocations I agree with the Level requirement, but I want to keep them available to everyone as there isn't precedence for patron specific invocations. My thinking being that they are decent for other Warlocks but really good for those that follow the Rot.

In truth I was contemplating making the Avatar of the Rot thing a permanent affect, and lessening its affect, as in the comics was one is the Avatar there is no going back