PDA

View Full Version : Draconic BBEG

themightybiggun
2007-09-10, 09:19 PM
Hey everybody. I'm looking for suggestions for my campaign's BBEG.

He's a noble human sorcerer (Sor 11) who has begun searching for the ancient resting places of the Dragon Aspects.

In my campaign, dragons are only legends that no one truly believes in. However, this noble, Lord Telvarus, has discovered that the legends might have some truth to them.

So, now that I've bored you with exposition, I'm looking for a class, a prestige class, or perhaps a template, that I can apply to Lord Telvarus when he makes contact with the first dragon Aspect, (it'll be the Black aspect I think.)

Any Ideas anyone?

bugsysservant
2007-09-10, 09:36 PM
Um, would dragon disciple (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/dragonDisciple.htm) be too obvious? Because that's what I would go with.

themightybiggun
2007-09-10, 09:53 PM
well, gosh, i didn't think of that:smallwink:

I'm actually looking for more obscure ideas.

but thanks for the suggestion.

bugsysservant
2007-09-10, 10:20 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to patronize. But what exactly are you looking for? There are a good number of PrC based off of dragons, though not all that many deal with spell casters. And, of course, there are dragonfire adepts, dragon shamans, half dragons, and arguably warlocks. Are you looking for a largely flavor based class, or one which will mesh well with a spell caster's abilities? How dependent on draconic abilities should your sorceror be? At the very least your BBEG should have dragonthrall from the draconicomcon as a bonus feat, a draco mystere to peruse, and you should then build upward depending on your needs. If you need inspiration, browse through this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prestige_classes) and look for any PrC with the word "dragon" in the title.

AtomicKitKat
2007-09-10, 11:32 PM
There's that Dragon Devotee from Races of the Dragon. Basically Dragon-Disciple Lite. Gives you the Draconic Template(normally +1 LA) over 5 levels, but throws in a couple Sorceror levels(which might combine with base Sorceror levels, unsure. I do know they count as though you're L1/L2 Sorceror if you lacked Sorceror spellcasting before), and some Bonus Feats/Sneak Attack(only if you had SA to begin with).

Instead of looking to Prestige Classes, you could also pick up some Draconic feats(Requires 1 Sorceror level, which bigotedly excludes Bards, Hexblades, Warlocks, and other potential non-prepared casters) from Races of the Dragon/Complete Arcane to make yourself more Draconic. Don't feel like you have to stick to the level requirements(eg. Only selectable at Level 1) too draconianly. :smallwink:

Kaelik
2007-09-11, 12:53 AM
I'd say try Draconomicon and also Dragon Magic. I know somewhere there is a PrC about a spellcaster who makes a pact with a dragon.

AKA_Bait
2007-09-11, 10:12 AM
I'd say try Draconomicon and also Dragon Magic. I know somewhere there is a PrC about a spellcaster who makes a pact with a dragon.

You are thinking of Pact-Bound Adept. Pg. 46

Vasdenjas
2007-09-11, 10:12 AM
My favorites are:

Dracolexi (Races of the Dragon), which gives 9/10 caster level progression, and bonus words of power from the Draconic language.

Wyrm Wizard (Dragon Magic) which gives 7/10 caster level progression, and adds 5 spells to your known spells (from ANY classes spell list, such as Cleric and Druid), plus lets you spontaneously Metamagic a few spells per day, and eventually the ability to negate a target's SR (but you have to penetrate it once to disable it)

The class Kaelik mentioned is the Pact-Bound Adept (also in Dragon Magic). Gain 3/5 caster levels, spontaneous still and silent spells 3x/day, and bonuses on your pacts.

There's a whole section on Dragonpacts as well, granting you positive and negative effects, based on the type of dragon you've made a pact with.

One requirement for this class is to have the Draconic Heritage feat also, which is probably good for any of the above anyways, but that feat must be obtained at 1st level (of course, GM fiat could always apply it to a PC or NPC after creation, deeming they have been transformed by recent events). If you keep on with Draconic feats, as your 5th feat, you can get Draconic Legacy, which gives you 3 more free known spells, based on the type of dragon your heritage comes from.

Hope this helps!