PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Spellbook for a Bard

mormon_soldier
2018-07-16, 08:21 PM
My valour bard in ToA recently acquired a spell book (the party doesn't have a wizard, so I took it for roleplaying purposes), and I'm wondering if there are any mechanics to use it outside of multiclassing for the bard to use the spellbook.

MidgetMarine
2018-07-16, 08:24 PM
My valour bard in ToA recently acquired a spell book (the party doesn't have a wizard, so I took it for roleplaying purposes), and I'm wondering if there are any mechanics to use it outside of multiclassing for the bard to use the spellbook.

No.

/thread

OvisCaedo
2018-07-16, 08:28 PM
You could try to sell it TO a wizard. But... The campaign isn't particularly friendly to the idea of trekking all the way back to town to try to sell stuff.

Xihirli
2018-07-16, 08:31 PM
If any member of your party takes Ritual Caster (Wizard) they can copy any rituals in it. Not for free though.

Lunali
2018-07-16, 08:49 PM
You could consider allowing them to use the spells as if they were spell scrolls.

Snivlem
2018-07-17, 02:18 AM
The answer is yes, with the ritual caster feat

Unoriginal
2018-07-17, 04:19 AM

Just to know, which spellbook is it?

mormon_soldier
2018-07-17, 10:44 PM
Thanks, the ritual caster might work. Just have to sink an asi into intelligence first, haha.

It's the spellbook from inside the tomb, where you fight all the hands. (I'm on my phone, so I can't hide anymore details behind a spoiler.)