PDA

View Full Version : Optimization PF Paladin Archer

Rasman
2018-07-18, 01:40 PM
I'm at a bit of a quandary

I am playing in a PF game that is currently at 10th level. We've walked into a pretty tough fight and it could result in a TPK if things go south. Because of this I am working on ideas for a backup character and I've stumbled upon the idea of playing an Archer Paladin. What has me vexed is I am having a hard time deciding between some key points.

Race: Human (for extra feat) or Aasimar (Azata Touched for + to Cha and Dex and Deathless Spirit and darkvision)

Archetype: Straight Paladin or Divine Hunter or Oath of Vengence

I can see pros and cons, but the question is which ones stack to give the best blend of durability and optimal damage?

Psyren
2018-07-18, 03:00 PM
Oathbound is probably the highest damage output per day since it gives you additional smites. Any of them are good though really. Personally I would go with Sacred Servant and bind an outsider you can use as a mount.

Florian
2018-07-18, 03:17 PM
Human, no archetype, Oath of Vengeance and anything that will get you more LoH to convert into Smite.

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-18, 03:19 PM
Race: Human (for extra feat) or Aasimar (Azata Touched for + to Cha and Dex and Deathless Spirit and darkvision)I see this question in some form or other all the time. No offense, but it's the wrong question. Which extra feat would you be taking if you went human? Make that decision first. Then if you are still struggling with the decision post the question of whether you should be taking 'feat x' versus '+ to Cha and Dex and Deathless Spirit and darkvision'.