PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Knight windicator build

Rigdraf
2018-07-19, 10:03 AM
Hey guys,
Any suggestions for my build?
Human
Str 15 Dex 10 Con 20 Int 18 Wis 16 Cha 24 (There is some homebrew afoot)
1- Cleric. Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Quicken Spell, DMM Quicken. Domains: Plant, Earth
2- Cleric
3- Cleric. Feat: Extend Spell
4- Cleric
5- Crusader
6- RKV. Feat: DMM Extend
7- RKV
8- RKV
9- RKV. Feat: Divine Defiance
10- RKV
11- RKV
12- RKV Feat: Extra Turning
13- RKV
14- RKV
15- RKV. Feat: Practiced Spellcaster
16- Divine Disciple. Domain: Slime
17- Divine Disciple
18- Divine Disciple. Feat: Martial Study (White Raven Hammer)
19- Divine Disciple
20- Divine Disciple

Edit: My DM says that he doesnt care what domains I pick, and even suggested these because they give extra turning attempts.

I am going to be buffing myself and wading into combat swifting out some BFC spells.

Extend does seem a bit useless as most of the buffs I will be using are hour per level (I will be 7th level, 5th level caster) and he is using spell cooldown.

heavyfuel
2018-07-19, 01:28 PM
Every build with RKV needs to have one thing cleared up. What action your DM says is required to activate Divine Impetus?

We can go from there

Darrin
2018-07-19, 02:32 PM
Wee Jas isn't exactly known for having the Slime domain in her portfolio. Or Plant and Earth for that matter. Did you have a particular deity in mind? If you're able to worship an ideal... most folks going the DMM route pick the Undeath and Planning domains for Extra Turning/Extend Spell feats.

Do you really need Practiced Spellcaster for just +1 CL? At that level, an orange prism ioun stone (30,000 GP) could do the same thing.

Do you have any particular objective as far as filling a party role?

sleepyphoenixx
2018-07-19, 02:58 PM
DMM Extend is a bit of a waste of feats since you can get a similar effect by picking up the very cheap Lesser Metamagic Rod of it.
It's still useful later on of course, but i'd question if it's worth 2 feats when you're not going for DMM:Persist. If nothing else you can move it to later in the build and get Extra Turning earlier.

Is there a particular reason for your domain choices? The only one i can think of is using them to fuel DMM, but that doesn't work by RAW. If your DM allows it it's fine.

Divine Defiance loses a lot of utility on a built that loses CL. By the time you pick it up you'll already be 2 CL behind, and using a spell slot on a counter that works less than 50% of the time isn't really good use of resources. You could replace the 4th Cleric level with Church Inquisitor for the Inquisition domain to remedy that at least a little. Or replace Cleave with Planar Touchstone for the Catalogues of Enlightenment.

Also Cleave isn't really a very good feat. Does your DM use a lot of weak mobs in encounters instead of few strong ones? If not i'd suggest replacing it.
Power Attack can also be moved later in the built since before level 6 you won't have the BAB to really use it anyway.

Do you really need Practiced Spellcaster for just +1 CL? At that level, an orange prism ioun stone (30,000 GP) could do the same thing.
RKV loses 2 caster levels too, so it's +3.

Arael666
2018-07-19, 07:24 PM
Since you`re going the DMM route, you might want to pick the destroy undead of rebuke dragons acf and squeeze in a level of sacred exorcist and have two turning pools. Also, as pointed above, rods of extend are very cheap, ditch extend spell and DMM extend for more extra turnings or go the ubercharger route

Firechanter
2018-07-20, 06:51 AM
Every build with RKV needs to have one thing cleared up. What action your DM says is required to activate Divine Impetus?

We can go from there

Yep. Keep in mind, dear OP, that by RAW Divine Impetus requires a Standard Action (which of course makes it bloody useless). A common and sensible houserule is "once per round as a Free Action".