PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Herald of the Storms [Antipaladin Archetype]

Zhentarim
2018-07-19, 11:37 AM
WIP

This is going to be good.

Gorum
2018-07-20, 07:08 PM
I highly doubt that. Stormtrooper doesn't tap into divine magic or support. Makes it a neat Fighter/Brawler or maybe ranger archetype.

The following would make better anti-paladins (some of which would have a lawful option)

Bone Knight (Gain skeletal champion traits, including no natural healing)
Chromatic Knight (follows the dragons and take their alignment)
Herald of Pain (master interrogator, spend cruelties to give weapon attack a stun effect)
Black Knight (A protector and duelist)
Abyssal Champion (gain demonic traits like resistances)
Plaguebearer (acquire diseases, onset is accelerated if cruelties are spent and saves failed)
Blood Knight (Vampire abilities)
Lord of the skull (Flaming Skull familiar gives buffs and councils, casts the anti-paladin's spells in his stead)
Herald of the Storms (Cruelties become electric shield, Powerful Gusts of wind and chain lighting thru weapon)
Black Blade (Soul is sucked into a blade. Lose all other weapon proficiency. Blade enchantment = Black Blade level /10, every second enhancement MUST be spent on abilities. Past level 8, Blade cannot be taken, destroyed or lost. If the bearer is slain, next wielde BECOMES the Black Blade in the next week. The Black Blade lose a level.)
Blazingsword (Bond must be weapon. Gain fire Resistance. Must choose the Fiery enchantment. On a weapon hit, spend a cruelty. It's effects are normal, but damage is half unholy and half fire. If the cruelty is saved, damage is halved, and there is no continuous damage. Otherwise, divide damage by 2, rounded down. The target takes that damage or save for half/stop.)
LichKnight (similar to bone knight, no physical stat buff, but charisma buff,

the lich's simili-death paralysis and phylactery)

Zhentarim
2018-07-20, 08:03 PM
I highly doubt that. Stormtrooper doesn't tap into divine magic or support. Makes it a neat Fighter/Brawler or maybe ranger archetype.

The following would make better anti-paladins (some of which would have a lawful option)

Bone Knight (Gain skeletal champion traits, including no natural healing)
Chromatic Knight (follows the dragons and take their alignment)
Herald of Pain (master interrogator, spend cruelties to give weapon attack a stun effect)
Black Knight (A protector and duelist)
Abyssal Champion (gain demonic traits like resistances)
Plaguebearer (acquire diseases, onset is accelerated if cruelties are spent and saves failed)
Blood Knight (Vampire abilities)
Lord of the skull (Flaming Skull familiar gives buffs and councils, casts the anti-paladin's spells in his stead)
Herald of the Storms (Cruelties become electric shield, Powerful Gusts of wind and chain lighting thru weapon)
Black Blade (Soul is sucked into a blade. Lose all other weapon proficiency. Blade enchantment = Black Blade level /10, every second enhancement MUST be spent on abilities. Past level 8, Blade cannot be taken, destroyed or lost. If the bearer is slain, next wielde BECOMES the Black Blade in the next week. The Black Blade lose a level.)
Blazingsword (Bond must be weapon. Gain fire Resistance. Must choose the Fiery enchantment. On a weapon hit, spend a cruelty. It's effects are normal, but damage is half unholy and half fire. If the cruelty is saved, damage is halved, and there is no continuous damage. Otherwise, divide damage by 2, rounded down. The target takes that damage or save for half/stop.)
LichKnight (similar to bone knight, no physical stat buff, but charisma buff,

the lich's simili-death paralysis and phylactery)

Herald of the Storms is really close to what I’ve been working on. Mind if I use that name?

Gorum
2018-07-20, 08:05 PM
Go ahead. And I'd suggest another thread. Stormtrooper's actual definition will harm this thread too much.

Gorum
2018-07-27, 03:43 PM
I notice that whatever it was that was going to be good never materialized.

Zhentarim
2018-07-27, 05:23 PM
I notice that whatever it was that was going to be good never materialized.

I am working on it in google docs. I’m going on vacation for a week tomorrow, but i’ll resume working on it after that during weekends. Expect it to be completely done the last sunday of August.