PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PoW/spell slots balance homebrew

JMAP94
2018-07-19, 01:56 PM
So the way my group has always done spells is that spell casters are assumed to know every spell not their classes list, and just have to expend the spell slot and they can cast anything thats there. You dont have to learn spells, you don't have to prepare spells. I know how unbalanced that is, but it's just the way we've done things due to us not understanding how spells known worked when we first started playing d&d in high school and it just kinda stuck as a house rule (except when I run the games in 5e).

I'm playing a path of war character, so now i get to do cool things too that are similar to spells, finally. I wanted to workshop with y'all a way to have manuvers work in a fashion thats balanced with how we do spells.

The way I was thinking about is is to figure out how many manuvers of each level i could know and have readied (prioritizing highest level). Then, i could treat the manuvers readied like "spell slots". I could use any manuver from my list of disciplines of that level if I expend a "manuver slot". Stances would work as per RAW.

For example, in RAW if your a 3rd level stalker, you would know 7 1st level manuvers and 1 2nd level manuver, and you can have 5 readied manuvers.
Naturally, you would always have your one 2nd level manuver readied and four 1st levels readied.

In my version at 3rd stalker level, you would have one 2nd level "manuver slot" and four 1st level "manuver slots."