PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Space Station City Escape!

MintyNinja
2018-07-19, 03:19 PM
Ozmak Station Game Spoilers. All of it. My players should not read this.

Hey, Playground,
I could use some help...

I'm going to be running a 2-3 session game where the PCs need to work together to survive a Police Sting, a City-Wide Riot, and FBI-Level Response Teams as they try to get off a Space Station with their (As of yet unspecified) Illegal Goods.

The system is a homemade d100 and d20 based narrative game. Combat is lethal, and time consuming. Those that strike first will often strike last.

The Current tone and setting is a cross between Firefly, Dark Matter, and Cowboy Bebop, where this Crew of Highly Capable Professionals have set up a deal on Ozmak Station. The City is a bit small, and has a mini-Las Vegas feel at it's core with a more rundown rim. The major steps will be as follows:

1. Arrive on Station and Get Through Customs: Non-challenging, meant to be more "get used to your skin" while introducing the setting.

2. Meet Contacts, the Gaolin Brokers: Again, not difficult, but a bit more setting dressing and I get to sow the seeds of the Riot.

3. Travel to the Deal: I get to show more of the seedier side of the Station and the PCs can ask their Broker any and all questions they might have as they travel.

4: The Deal with the Blightrock Syndicate: The other side of the deal, the people with the Illegal Goods, have shown up and are willing to deal in good faith. The Brokers have made sure that both sides are arriving on equal terms (ie: Weapons, people, etc)

5: The Sting: Once the deal is struck, all hell breaks loose as the local Police force breach the Meeting place and the fighting starts. I'm 90% confident in the PC's getting away as they'll massively outnumber the underprepared local police.

6: Get to the Ship!: This is where I would like help. The PC's and any surviving allies need to navigate the twisted, crowded streets, alleys, and rooftops to get back to their ship and get away safely. There's also a Sports Riot underway, which will complicate things. I'm looking for small scenarios I can pepper onto the map so that no matter where the PC's go, I can have something prepared.

Example:

Objective: Cross a Major Street.

Complication: The Riot is marching along the street, with a following Police Presence.
Complication: The fire set at the building behind you has drawn additional notice.
Advantage: There is easy Roof Access on this side of the Street.
Advantage: There is a Sky Bridge Between the two taller buildings on each side of this Street.

Obvious Solution: Cross via the Skybridge.
Non-Obvious Solution: Turn the Riot against the Police and cross in the confusion.

I'm looking for Complications, Advantages, Obvious Solutions, Non-Obvious Solutions, and generally anything to help get that feeling of Urban Combat and Escape.

Important notes: The city is maximally 5 storeys tall. It is artificially lit, as it is inside a Space Station. The Police have a few Hovering Cruisers, and Ambulances Exist, but there is otherwise no vehicle traffic in the city. There is a transit train that runs around the city in a loop, it's suspended from the ceiling and is about 4 storeys off the ground. To better prepare for this I watched 16 Blocks and found that to be helpful in a lot of ways, I am willing to watch movies to help get more ideas.

I don't know what else. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Saintheart
2018-07-20, 03:19 AM
- Gravity generator failure due to morons smashing the equipment.

- Hull breach or air containment breach. Depressurisation alone could be a killer.

- Failure of supports suspending the train above the ground.

- Moron throws improvised Molotov Cocktail at police airspeeder, blowing out whatever's holding it off the ground.

- Any of the above cuts the crew off from their ship, they have to find a way around the blockage.

MintyNinja
2018-07-20, 01:31 PM
Alright, my favourite of those suggested is the crashing airspeeder, so let's develop that.

The PC's round a bend in the alley, pursuit only a minute or two behind them, when they see a Police Airspeeder crashed down in the far end of the alley, burning. There's a small crowd of police around the wreckage, trying to keep pedestrians away. There's a small expanse in the alley where the adjacent buildings have loading docks and garbage bins.

What would you look for to get out of this situation?