PDA

View Full Version : Minion of Many Forms

OgresAreCute
2018-07-19, 05:19 PM
Now, let's say you have a DM who is lenient enough to let the Mulhorandi Divine Minion template's wild shape ability qualify you for Master of Many Forms (with some fixes, like no infinite healing every turn). Presumably, you would have to take a single class level first, then apply the template at ECL 2 before you can start taking Master of Many Forms levels. My questions is thus: what would be the best class to take your first level in? Barbarian might be decently workable since you retain Ex abilities (Rage and Fast Movement) in wild shape, but I'm sure there's something better.

Celestia
2018-07-19, 05:56 PM
My typical choice for a martial build's first level is wildshape ranger. Full BAB, two saves, 6 skill points, and fast movement (plus a couple other things, I guess). It's the best first level class I've been able to find.

Nifft
2018-07-19, 06:03 PM
One level of Swift Hunter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druid) + Avenger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druidVariantDruidicAve nger) Druid gives you 2 good saves, 3/4 BAB, Wisdom to AC (nice for a shape-shifter whose armor usually won't exist), fast movement, Rage 1/day, Track, one Favored Enemy, 4+Int skill points from a good list, and some ACF trade-bait like Wild Empathy and Nature Sense.

Oh, and you also get spells.

Troacctid
2018-07-19, 06:57 PM
I would honestly be inclined toward Incarnate! I like soulmelds a lot, and Incarnate gets some really good ones with only a single level. Lucky Dice, Strongheart Vest, Mage's Spectacles, Airstep Sandals, Psion's Eyes, Astral Vambraces, Soulspark Familiar, Vitality Belt...all very appealing for their own reasons. Totemists have a strong suite as well, with Blink Shirt being the main attraction IMO.

Swift Hunter Druid is nice, but I usually prefer Urban Companion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) over Druidic Avenger. The familiar scales really well even if you multiclass.

Cloistered Cleric is another really nice one because of how strong domain powers are.

Darrin
2018-07-20, 08:50 AM
Monk 1 is front-loaded pretty well. Kung-Fu Panda, essentially. Adding iterative unarmed strikes to your natural attack routine cranks up your DPS. Wis to AC is also nice. If you prefer the higher BAB, Battle Dancer 1 does almost the same thing with Cha.

City Brawler Barbarian 1 (Dragon #349) with Spirit Lion Totem and Whirling Frenzy ACFs also packs quite a bit into a small package. Take another level and you can pick up Improved Trip from the Wolf Totem.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-07-20, 10:53 AM
You don't get infinite healing from divine minion? Then go crusader and take a healing stance and a healing strike. The stance will be especially useful when you have 15 natural attacks, each healing you or an ally each round.

noob
2018-07-20, 02:08 PM
do you still get one night of rest in healing per turn?
Would a crusader/ master of many forms / some druid if it netted you polymorph/crusader again be a fun build?(heal three times per turn: once as a free, once as a swift and once as a crusader)