PDA

View Full Version : I made... Something...

samcifer
2018-07-20, 02:44 PM
So I made a multi-class character...

Lv. 12, Prof: +4, AC: 17, Initiative: +4, HP: 104, Speed: 30

Race Human male (non-variant), Background: Acolyte

Stats: Str: 14, Dex: 18, Con: 16, Int: 14, Wis: 15, Cha: 15

Classes? Well... To give you a hint, my Hit Dice are: 1d12, 2d6, 6d8, and 3d10.

Spell list is to be determined later...

1Pirate
2018-07-20, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZCIh_3b5K8

DeTess
2018-07-20, 02:54 PM
Looks interesting. Is there anything you needed help with?

I would like to point out that AC 17 is not great at that level if you expect to be in a position where you're going to be hit a bunch, but if you're playing in a fairly low-magic item campaign, it's probably the best you can expect.

samcifer
2018-07-20, 03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZCIh_3b5K8

Yeah, pretty much and was also the inspiration for 'Patches' as I've named him. :)

Quoxis
2018-07-20, 03:20 PM

I would like to point out that AC 17 is not great at that level if you expect to be in a position where you're going to be hit a bunch, but if you're playing in a fairly low-magic item campaign, it's probably the best you can expect.

Judging from 1d12 hit die i conclude there’s a level of barbarian in there, and the stats (+4 dex, +3 con) could be indicative that they use the unarmored defense feature of said class. It’s also as high as you could go with light or medium armor, but without a shield, so i assume at least one of the d10 is monk, which prevents shield usage, or that the character wields a two handed weapon - the latter option is less likely as thouse need str to wield, and it seems unlikely that someone would use a 14 str instead of 18 dex to attack.
A level of cleric provides shield of faith, while hexblade warlock or any wizard or sorcerer get access to the shield spell for a total of 17+2+5= 24 reactionary AC.
Assuming this is the infamous „one of everything“ build it has one pact magic slot of first level, otherwise it’s a 6th level caster granting 4 first, 3 second and 3 third level slots, all in all 9 (one for shield of faith) to burn on shield per day and up to 2 per short rest.

samcifer
2018-07-20, 03:21 PM

Yeah, I was half bored and half curious. See the replied 'Abserd' video in this thread for a basic summary. :)

Spectrulus
2018-07-20, 06:20 PM

I watched that and did the same thing! Here's what I thought up.

Abserd Karocther

Human TN Barb 1, Bard 1, Cleric (War) 1, Druid 1, Fighter 1, Monk 1, Paladin 1, Ranger 1, Rogue 1, Sorcerer 1 (Gold Dragon), Warlock 1 (Great Old One), Wizard 1

HP 66 hp average
AC's
13 + Dex 15 probably best besides full plate
10 + Dex + Wis 14
10 + Dex + Con 12

d12 + 3d10 + 6d8 + 2d6 +12 + 1

STR 14
DEX 14
CON 12
INT 13
WIS 14
CHA 14

Skills 18
Proficiency in all skills, double prof in 2

Tools
Three instruments
Herbalism kit
One artisan or instrument
Thieves' tools

Languages
Common
Druidic
Favored enemy
Thieves' Cant
Others...

Spells
Cantrips 16 total,
2 bard, 3 cleric, 2 druid, 4 sorcerer, 2 warlock, 3 wizard

1st level 16 known,
4 bard, 2 cleric, 2 druid, 2 sorcerer, 2 warlock, 2 wizard

Spell slots +2 domain slots
1st Level 4 (+2)
2nd Level 3
3rd Level 2

11 spells before rest

Features
Ritual Caster
Fighting Style
Martial Arts d4, bonus action attack if unarmoured
Favored Enemy
Natural Explorer
Expertise: 2 skills or 1 skill + thieves' tools
Sneak attack: 1d6 with finesse
Draconic Ancestry: AC 13 + Dex, and 1hp
Draconic Resilience: Resistance fire
Awakened Mind: Telepathy 30ft.

Short rest
Second Wind: 1/ short rest heal 1d10+1
Pact Magic: 1/short rest, regain level 1 slot
Arcane Recovery: 1/short rest, regain level 1 slot

Long Rest
Rage: twice, +2 damage while raging
Bardic Inspiration: grant d6 twice
War Priest: 2 bonus action attacks
Divine Sense: 3 times
Lay on Hands: 5hp

No idea for spells, probably Eldritch Blast and Healing Spirit, maybe Armor of Agathys too...

Best options for level up are Druid 2, Wizard 2, and Fighter 2 I think...

Fire Tarrasque
2018-07-20, 08:52 PM
No.
Not good enough.
You need to get to level 15 and somehow get Blood Hunter, Mystic, and Artificer allowed.

WE ARE NOT HALF MEASURES.

mormon_soldier
2018-07-20, 09:33 PM

Skills 18

Tools
Three instruments
Herbalism kit
Thieves' tools

Languages
Common
Druidic
Favored enemy
Thieves' Cant
Others...

You don't get additional proficienies at multiclass. Just armor and weapons, and usually not the whole classes' suits. The exception is a single skill from bard, ranger, and rouge each and a single instrument from bard.

mormon_soldier
2018-07-20, 11:59 PM
I really like this concept though. I think I'd start fighter for the full plate. In an actual 1-20 game, I think going fighter 4 to get extra attack and then starting the omniclass would be how I'd go.

Quoxis
2018-07-21, 01:13 AM

Abserd Karocther

Human TN Barb 1, Bard 1, Cleric (War) 1, Druid 1, Fighter 1, Monk 1, Paladin 1, Ranger 1, Rogue 1, Sorcerer 1 (Gold Dragon), Warlock 1 (Great Old One), Wizard 1

HP 66 hp average
AC's
13 + Dex 15 probably best besides full plate
10 + Dex + Wis 14
10 + Dex + Con 12

d12 + 3d10 + 6d8 + 2d6 +12 + 1

STR 14
DEX 14
CON 12
INT 13
WIS 14
CHA 14

Skills 18

As has been said, you don’t get all proficiencies just by multiclassing. You can start with rogue for 4, plus 2 from background, plus 1 each from ranger and bard for the maximum total of 8, not 18 skills.

Tools
Three instruments
Herbalism kit
Thieves' tools

Three instruments only by starting with bard, but no artisans tools then. Thieves‘ tools and ONE instrument are the only tool proficiencies you can get from multiclassing in general.

Languages
Common
Druidic
Favored enemy
Thieves' Cant
Others...

That works. Note that only languages acquired via features (like druidic or favored enemy) work when multiclassing.

Spells
Cantrips 16 total,
2 bard, 3 cleric, 2 druid, 4 sorcerer, 2 warlock, 3 wizard

1st level 16 known,
4 bard, 2 cleric, 2 druid, 2 sorcerer, 2 warlock, 2 wizard

Spell slots +2 domain slots
1st Level 4 (+2)
2nd Level 3
3rd Level 2

You seem to be mixing up some things:
- clerics‘ domain spells add spells known/prepared, not spell slots
- warlocks‘ pact magic adds one spell slot that stacks and even recovers on a short rest
- by the multiclassing rules, you‘ve got six spellcaster levels, so you have 4 first, 3 second and 3 third level slots (ples 1 first level slot from warlock)
- a first level wizard knows at least 6 spells, but can prepare only two of them

All in all: 22 spells known, 18 of them prepared, 2 of which (divine favor and shield of faith) are domain spells and 4 of which can be replaced by other spells of their respective class lists (druid and cleric) after a long rest.

11 spells before rest

11 slots to use before a short rest, and on your first short rest you can regain 2 of the first-level slots (pact magic and arcane recovery). On each following short rest you get at least the pact magic one back.

Features
Ritual Caster

That’s a feat. Are you sure you need a) more spells known and b) a feature that multiple classes already give you?

Fighting Style
Martial Arts d4, bonus action attack if unarmoured
Favored Enemy
Natural Explorer
Expertise: 2 skills or 1 skill + thieves' tools
Sneak attack: 1d6 with finesse
Draconic Ancestry: AC 13 + Dex, and 1hp
Draconic Resilience: Resistance fire

What? Read that description again, friend, draco sorcs don’t get elemental resistances that easily.

Awakened Mind: Telepathy 30ft.

Short rest
Second Wind: 1/ short rest heal 1d10+1
Pact Magic: 1/short rest, regain level 1 slot
Arcane Recovery: 1/short rest, regain level 1 slot

Arcane recovery can only be used once per long rest, but ON a short rest.

Long Rest
Rage: twice, +2 damage while raging
Bardic Inspiration: grant d6 twice
War Priest: 2 bonus action attacks
Divine Sense: 3 times
Lay on Hands: 5hp

No idea for spells, probably Eldritch Blast and Healing Spirit, maybe Armor of Agathys too...

Best options for level up are Druid 2, Wizard 2, and Fighter 2 I think...

2D6GREATAXE
2018-07-21, 06:21 AM
I really like this concept though. I think I'd start fighter for the full plate. In an actual 1-20 game, I think going fighter 4 to get extra attack and then starting the omniclass would be how I'd go.

extra attack is fighter 5.

mormon_soldier
2018-07-21, 02:14 PM
Whoops! You're right. I remembered plotting it out to go fighter 4, but I didn't look last night to check why. I'd go to 4 for the asi. You could get it from another class, but base fighter seems like the most effective.

Boci
2018-07-21, 02:49 PM

Lv. 12, Prof: +4, AC: 17, Initiative: +4, HP: 104, Speed: 30

Race Human male (non-variant), Background: Acolyte

Stats: Str: 14, Dex: 18, Con: 16, Int: 14, Wis: 15, Cha: 15

I assume you rolled for stats, because even with one stat boost from those 6 d8s somewhere, that comes out as point buy 42.

samcifer
2018-07-21, 11:43 PM
I assume you rolled for stats, because even with one stat boost from those 6 d8s somewhere, that comes out as point buy 42.

Rolled 4d6s in the android character-creator

Boci
2018-07-22, 07:51 AM
Androic character creator?