PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Custom Magic Items

tstewt1921
2018-07-20, 04:06 PM
So I'm playing an artificer//wizard gestalt, and I'm trying to think of some cool custom items I could make. It needs to work with in the rules of 3.5 and we are using the craft point system. So if you are familiar with the calculation to do it and are kind enough to do the calculation please let me know some of your ideas. If you don't want to do the calculation you don't have to, just want to come up with some ideas for items.

Segev
2018-07-21, 01:32 AM
Using Create Water and Silent Image, both command-activated, makes the Mistcloak if Selective Blindness cost 2700 gp.

When the hood is put up, it creates a Silent Image of fog around the user, and very slightly dampens everything in the fog to add that clammy feeling.

The wearer knows it’s an illusion, so can see through it. Those he doesn’t tell have no cues to suggest it is one, and so should not even get a save.

AlanBruce
2018-07-21, 03:07 AM
I don't know if this items can be done within the rules, but in my game, a grateful NPC smith gifted the part's dwarf paladin, who uses a guisarme, a pair of bracers that grant him a deflection bonus equal to his Charisma modifier, which, despite being a dwarf, isn't that low and actually boosts his AC.

These bracers and the guisarme work synergistically- as long as the bracers are worn and the guisarme wielded, the paladin gains the Improved Trip feat for free. This allows the paladin, who is also a cleric with the Magic Domain, to use his Enlarge Person wand and trip opponents out to twenty feet, giving him a huge edge when fighting medium enemies or even large ones.

Falontani
2018-07-21, 08:23 AM
Flesh grinding garrote of (something that makes the garrote to rise pulling the creature with it)