PDA

View Full Version : Movies Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-20, 07:37 PM
Have anyone seen the movie Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! yet? I'm going to see it in IMAX the big screen tomorrow and I'll give everybody my review of the movie. :smile:

DaOldeWolf
2018-07-20, 07:42 PM
I have a question about the movie? Why? Why after so many years? :smallconfused:

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-20, 07:44 PM
I have a question about the movie? Why? Why after so many years? :smallconfused:

I guess they just wanted to make a prequel and try to come up with different songs and ideas.

Psyren
2018-07-20, 07:46 PM
Didn't they use up all the good songs on the first one?

As long as we don't have to hear Pierce Brosnan singing again...

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-20, 07:49 PM

I assume they're going to use different songs in this prequel. I don't think we won't be hearing Pierce Brisbane singing throughout the movie.

Velaryon
2018-07-20, 08:49 PM
My library screened the original film last night in preparation for this.

Personally, I'm not a fan of musicals or ABBA in particular, so I feel I can safely skip this one.

Legato Endless
2018-07-21, 11:28 AM

Yeah. The first film used everything well known, this one has a soundtrack consisting of all those songs no one remembers. I also just don't think musicals that try to shoehorn existing songs into something resembling a narrative hang together, even by the dubious standards of most musical plots. This probably isn't gonna be the next Hamilton.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-21, 11:49 AM
Ok this morning I saw the movie and this is my review:

The movie was great. I enjoyed it. It's actually a prequel/sequel movie of Mamma Mia! It's about Young Donna Sheridan show the origin on how she met three men. In the present Donna died and show that Sophie is going to run a party. There was a mixtures of song, Some are original, some already existed, some songs were used in the first movie. I actually cried in the ending of the movie. And of course Pierce Bronson sing briefly. And Cher did a good job acting. So I rate this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Peelee
2018-07-21, 11:57 AM
I also just don't think musicals that try to shoehorn existing songs into something resembling a narrative hang together, even by the dubious standards of most musical plots.

Might I recommend The Blues Brothers?

Legato Endless
2018-07-21, 09:28 PM
Might I recommend The Blues Brothers?

Oh yeah! Thanks.

Peelee
2018-07-21, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah! Thanks.

It's ok. Just the next time you try to malign all musicals with existing songs shoehorned together to form a narrative, you better think about the consequences of your actions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMfwBQ_Fsjk).

Psyren
2018-07-22, 03:58 PM
I'll wait to catch it on rental/video/streaming myself.

Did they do Fernando? That was the glaring omission from the first movie imo.