PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of GameMastery's Critical Hit Deck?

Dizlag
2007-09-11, 12:33 PM
Hey all!

I just picked up GameMastery's Critical Hit Deck (http://paizo.com/gameMastery/accessories/v5748btpy7wv9) and was wondering, what you all think of it? Do you use it at your gaming table? Do you (as a DM) use it for your "boss monsters" only or every NPC / monster encounter?

I'm going to be using it on the DM side for my "boss monsters", like the minotaur at the end of the labyrinth this friday night. :smallbiggrin:

Dizlag

PlatinumJester
2007-09-11, 12:34 PM
Looks funky.

Krrth
2007-09-11, 12:35 PM
We've used it in our gaming group. WHile I like it, it can become *very* ugly, quickly. Several of the hits are save or die, with the saves potentually in the 30's or 40's. If your boss monsters use it, I would recommend letting the players use it as well.

Dizlag
2007-09-11, 12:41 PM
Krrth,

My players will be using it ALL the time. I will only be using it during the boss monster fights. It'll add a little bit of fun to the game.

I've got another question for you all. When should I reshuffle? After every draw or just once at the beginning of the night? Knowing my luck, no one will score a critical hit friday night. LOL

Dizlag

Krrth
2007-09-11, 12:49 PM
We just reshuffle when we use the last card, but I'm not sure it really matters when.