PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Advice for a Fighter: Battlemaster?

Citadel97501
2018-07-21, 01:45 AM
Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any suggestions of guides for the Fighter: Battlemaster. I saw plenty of stuff for an Eldritch Knight archetype, but I haven't seen anything yet for this one. My girlfriend is asking for help to transfer her Polearm Warblade, and before I lead her down any dark paths I thought some further reading would be good.

Fordian
2018-07-21, 03:15 AM
To my knowledge, there aren't any Battlemaster-focused guides the way there are for Eldritch Knights (probably because the EK's access to spells gives them a lot more decisions to make in the character build), but EvilAnagram's "An Illustrated Manual for Inflicting Violence: A Guide to Fightering" (on this site) and Gladius Legis's "Battle On: The Fighter Guide" (on ENWorld) are good general Fighter guides. They both have general guides to things like stats, feats, etc., as well as sections devoted to rating and helping you best utilize the Battlemaster's maneuvers. Both are updated at least through Xanathar's Guide to Everything, as well.

Citadel97501
2018-07-21, 03:21 AM
Thank you.

Specter
2018-07-21, 10:33 AM
For quick reference, the must-have maneuvers for melee are Precision Strike, Riposte and Trip Attack. With those, you can't go wrong.