PDA

View Full Version : DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

McSherrie
2008-07-31, 11:51 AM
Gatto watches the rigger for a minute. "I knew there was a reason I liked her." Then the cat stands up, hops out and heads towards the door.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-07-31, 11:53 AM
Mig

Mig jumps out as well, dodging traffic to the sidewalk. "You're insane-crazy, Tink. Fun, though."

Lycar
2008-07-31, 01:43 PM
Grunty

[*grunt* Just extract that coffee right up here. And maybe a donut.]

Grunty doesn't feel like joining in the food extraction run. Sure, it would be fun. But he saw too many people getting themselves killed trying to pull of fun stunts.

Okay, so this isn't a battlefield.

Still, old habits die hard.

Lycar

Santanya
2008-08-01, 12:02 AM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles and follows Tink and Mig out of the chopper. [Sure, sure, if you want to stay in a chopper with no pilot, be my guest.] He grins slightly and drops down, landing oddly, but quick enough to follow.

dauphinous
2008-08-01, 06:17 AM
Kitty's door slides shut on Grunty of its own accord and the copter lifts up a good 20 meters. Tinkerbelle seems uninterested and unconcerned about the helicopter as she heads into the restaurant with everyone else. "I'm not crazy." Tinkerbelle grins. "I learned to fly from a Lone Star wannabe, that's all. Well, he was a wannabe then, anyway. My brother is a Star pilot. Flies for Redmond SWAT these days. He's crazy. I'm the sane one."

Inside, the place has more people than usual, and Brachial and Gatto don't recognize any of the patrons. Tiffany is working, though, and looks up, clearly surprised. When she's done pouring coffee for someone, she bustles her way up to greet the team. "Hi, you're awfully early today. You all want coffee? We've got some special apple turnovers today. They taste just like apple pie, only less mess. And muffins and pie, of course. Strawberry-rhubarb, apple, key lime, peach, cherry, pecan, just for you Miss Gatto, and shoofly. Same list for both, except no shoofly or key lime muffins."

McSherrie
2008-08-01, 11:06 AM
Gatto grins hugely and picks up her coffee. "You are an angel, Tiffany. One slice of pecan pie, please." She takes a sip of her coffee and practically purrs.

Lycar
2008-08-05, 06:00 AM
Grunty

[About the donut: If they have some sprinkled with ground nuts, i want one of those.]

Lycar

Santanya
2008-08-05, 09:52 AM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles. "Have any donuts? Our tac support has an addiction, and coffee around," he says. "And a turnover for me please," he adds quickly, tilting his head and watching the rest of the team, especially the new pilot.

dauphinous
2008-08-05, 11:15 AM
"Sure, we've got donuts." Tiffany brings over a tray, piled up with assorted donuts. Grunty seems to be in luck, as they have more than one with chopped nuts secured by a layer of white frosting. She fills all the orders quickly, aware that the team is usually in something of a hurry.

Tinkerbelle orders just a large coffee with sugar, no cream, and smirks while she waits, then gets a bit of a distracted look. it lasts only a few seconds, then she starts chuckling quietly to herself, shaking her head in amusement.

Inside the helicopter, Grunty finds that the in-flight stewardess has elected to return tonight. She winks at Grunty and waggles her eyebrows suggestively at him.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-05, 11:23 AM
Mig

Mig takes some time to peruse the menu before settling on the largest espresso they have and a muffin that appears to have the thought of maybe containing actual chocolate.

Santanya
2008-08-05, 12:34 PM
Brachial

"Two of those," he says, pointing towards the nutty doughnuts. He pauses a moment, then chuckles softly, glancing to the others. "Everyone got their pickmeups?" He begins humming nonchalantly.

McSherrie
2008-08-05, 01:09 PM
Gatto holds her pie and coffee and looks around the dining area once, as if looking for someone specific. Then, shrugging she turns around. "I'm good."

dauphinous
2008-08-07, 01:22 PM
Tinkerbelle takes a long draw off her coffee and sighs contentedly. "This is good coffee. I'm set. Renton days is full of people who actually like that crap they puke up at Starbucks. Mimi is the biggest whiner if she can't have it, too. This stuff, though, is pure heaven. Oh yes, we'll be back." She pays for her cup and heads out the door. At the sidewalk, she stops and looks up, and the helicopter drops down quickly. It stops a few meters up and waits for traffic to stop before coming down to be less than half a meter off the street.

The doors open of their own accord, and Tinkerbelle climbs into the cockpit, setting her cup into the cupholder in her armrest. Kitty's in-flight stewardess grins and waves at Mig, Gatto, and Brachial.

McSherrie
2008-08-07, 01:24 PM
Gatto waves back, settling into her chair with a cat-who-ate-the-pecan-pie grin on her face.

Lycar
2008-08-07, 02:02 PM
Grunty

"Welcome back, guys and gals."

"Where's my donut?"

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-07, 02:34 PM
Mig

"Have to say 'please', you know. It's only polite," Mig says to her fellow tacsup.

Lycar
2008-08-08, 12:43 AM
Grunty

"*grunt* Sure, whatever. Hand it over, please."

He doesn't really sound annoyed though. More like he's humoring Mig here.

Lycar

Santanya
2008-08-10, 02:11 PM
Brachial

"And enjoying Kitty's facilities I see," he says as he climbs in, looking towards the divider. He chuckles and tosses a bag with a couple of donuts to Grunty. "We miss much... that we didn't want to miss?" he asks, grinning slightly.

Lycar
2008-08-10, 04:19 PM
Grunty

Grigor looks at Brachial innocently.
"Depends. How do you feel about striptease?"

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-08-10, 08:31 PM
As soon as everyone is back inside and the door shut, the copter lifts back up into the air. Tinkerbelle can be seen taking a long drag off her coffee, then her head slumps again and Kitty starts darting around between the buildings again. She keeps the speed down a bit, but seems to seriously enjoy cutting corners close.

The stewardess vanishes as Kitty starts moving again. [You guys want to watch anything in particular?]

Lycar
2008-08-11, 04:28 PM
Grunty considers this for a moment.

[See if you find a re-run of yesterday's Urban Brawl game. I wanted to watch, but i popped a pill and slept right through the day, 'cause of that bruise.]

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-08-11, 06:52 PM
[No problem.] It takes about half a minute, but the display starts showing a taping of last night's Urban Brawl game - a match between the home team, the Seattle Screamers, and the Denver Nightmares. This particular replay includes the last three minutes of the pre-game show, during which they discuss how Denver is going to be hampered by a highly embarrassing training accident in which their top-notch medico was hurt badly enough that he's still in the hospital.

The Screamers can always be counted on for controversy of some kind, and this game is no exception. During the pre-game vehicle inspection, apparently the outrider's motorcycle was discovered to have an extra mounted weapon hidden on the bike that violates the rules of the games. They have until the start of the game to either replace the bike or remove the offending weapon. There's a blonde female reporter wearing a black skin-tight bodysuit and matching stiletto heels standing by with the mechanic as he rips the gun out. The camera seems to be maneuvering to make sure the reporter stays in the shot no matter what.

Lycar
2008-08-13, 11:48 AM
Grunty

"*grunt*"

(Sounds like: 'I wish the dumb b*tch would get out of the way, i want to see the real action...')

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-08-14, 08:10 AM
By some miracle, the Screamers' mechanic manages to have the bike ready for the match, and it starts on time. Once the interlude with the mechanic is over, the commentators are just voices in the background, narrating the play-by-play. They flash up mugshots and stats about various players on both sides whenever one does something interesting or is carrying the ball. It's a good game, as such things go, with plenty of action during the plays.

Tinkerbelle dodges buildings for about an hour or so, at which point she switches to just hovering over some kind of street party and makes the floor of the copter see-through. It looks like someone got a license to close off an entire block for the night. There is a live band, and lots of probably screaming kids. What Tinkerbelle is actually hovering the copter over, though, is a portable swimming pool full of some sort of blue foamy stuff and people rough housing with each other. And few obviously doing other, less damaging activities, sans apparel.

She leaves the copter over that for a good half hour, then moves on to just meandering around the usual standby point, but staying well clear of it. After four hours, the game is still going, with Seattle in the lead 2-1, and about 20 minutes of game time left. It'll probably go another hour or so.

1:55am
Condition critical - 10:00

Tinkerbelle leaves the game on, for now. [It looks like the call is back over at that party. Maybe someone slipped in the foam and got stabbed with a stiletto heel. :smallwink: It'll take less than a minute to get back over there. I'll be pre-empting the game when we get there.] The copter lifts up above the buildings to take a straight line course to the party.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-14, 10:48 AM
Mig

Mig readies her weapons. [Maybe we'll get lucky and stay out of a firefight this time.]

McSherrie
2008-08-14, 10:59 AM
"That would be good. I've had enough with bullets for one day." Gatto regretfully looks at her jumpsuit, then shrugs and gets ready.

Lycar
2008-08-14, 01:47 PM
Grunty

Grunty thinks of his own bullet wound while loading his rifle.

[*grunt* One hit per day is more then enough.]

[Oh and Tink? Thanks for the game.]

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-08-16, 08:30 PM
1:56am
Condition critical - 9:16

True to her word, Tinkerbelle has Kitty back over the block party in short order. Things have changed a little. Some of the bright orange cones blocking the west end of the street have been knocked aside, as have a couple of tables and chairs in the impromptu cafe seating. People have vacated the immediate area, except for a few that are lying on the asphalt, not really moving much. Three people are crawling away. It looks like the band might still be playing.

The primary cause of the rapid change in the topography seems to be the car that is stopped partway up on the curb in the midst of the tables. The secondary cause may well be the whitish van stopped int he intersection jsut outside the blocked off area. The side door of the van on the passenger side is open, and muzzle flashes announce the firing of at least two weapons, probably semi-automatics. There are definitely three separate gun being fired from near the car, all three in the hands of different people that are now using the car as cover.

Map (http://dauphinous.coyotecode.net/dwsfrauburn.jpg)
The light blue square areas are tent-like umbrellas.
The red Xs are the traffic cones.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-16, 08:52 PM
Mig

[So much for it being a firefight-free extraction,] Mig says with a sigh. [Tink, can you broadcast the 'don't shoot, we're Docwagon' message?]

Lycar
2008-08-17, 09:39 AM
Grunty

Taking a quick look at the situation, Grunty figures [That van is askin' to be gassed.]

True to his words, he takes up position near the door, activates his cybered reflexes and gets ready to aim.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-08-17, 04:01 PM
[On it. Where do you want me to put you down? Between the car and the van? Other side of the van?] Tinkerbelle sends this as her muffled voice can be heard over the external speaker. "This is a DocWagon extraction team. Cease fire and do not interfere. If any of you shoot my helicopter or team, I'm going to be forced to hit you with my rotor blades. Even we can't put you back together after that."

McSherrie
2008-08-17, 04:08 PM
"I vote for the other side of the van, if someone would like to convey that..." Gatto winks one suddenly slitted eye, then lets her head fall heavily back.

I'm gonna take an astral look around. Since I can.

Lycar
2008-08-18, 12:00 PM
Grunty

[Hrmph, how about putting down Tink between van and car. Door to face the car. So we have cover when we go for the client. Can lie low between the skids and return some fire.]

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-18, 12:19 PM
Mig

[I agree with Grunty. Less chance of getting shot at. Our resident magic user wishes to drop us on the other side, but she gets to stay safe in the copter regardless, so I think we should overrule her.]

dauphinous
2008-08-18, 01:13 PM
[Tchah. You all should know the TacSupps always win by now.] Tinkerbelle drops the copter rapidly down between the two vehicles as requested, just over the orange cones with the nose pointing north and the door facing towards the car. Her voice is heard again over the speaker as the door opens. "I said, 'cease fire'. That's the last time I'm going to ask nicely."

The gunfire from the car stops, and the three visible people duck out of sight of the van, leaving the presumably injured person in the car. Which is probably the safest place for them to be at the moment, given the mount of car between them and the people in the van. Kitty takes up the whole space, from curb to curb, her nose hanging over part of the sidewalk and her tail doing the same on the other end. The car is mostly blocked by the body of the copter, and bullets can be heard impacting on the body armor on Kitty's side.

[They're not stopping. No danger of Kitty being damaged by those spitballs unless they get the bright idea to shoot the rotors. I say cut loose on 'em. I'm alerting Star, so let's get our client out quick, just in case.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-18, 01:57 PM
Mig

The elf looks to her orkish coworker. "You want suppressive fire duty or running out to the car with the medic?"

McSherrie
2008-08-18, 02:02 PM
Gatto comes back to herself. "The car has two cybered folk like yourselves. The van, however, has a potential playtoy for me. I'll let the folks with guns sort out how we approach this, however." She winks at Grunty and Mig.

Lycar
2008-08-18, 02:30 PM
Grunty

Shooting a tusked grin at Mig, Grunty replies "I was a machienegunner in the army. You do the math..."

As soon as Tink has touched down and the door opens, Grunty rolls himself over the edge and then sideways a bit to clear the path for the others.

He quickly sights in on the van, aiming for the side door where the fire is coming from.

Taking a moment to steady his aim, Grunty finally presses the trigger for the grenade launcher, sending the tear gas shell flying towards it's intended target.

Keeping the van in sight, Grunty waits if the fire cheases.

Lycar

Santanya
2008-08-18, 03:01 PM
Brachial

Brachial sits watching the vehicle for a moment. "I think I'll let you try to get a hold of the scene a moment," he says, he leans against one of the seats, staring towards the car. [Don't go chopping them up,] he says over the comm. [Everyone in that van had DW tags.]

dauphinous
2008-08-18, 03:11 PM
[Bah. No fun at all.]

Grunty stops, drops, and shoots. The grenade flies right into the open door, hitting the far wall of the van on the inside and starting to spew smoke into the van. The four people all pile out of the van, coughing, and get themselves behind it, putting the van between the copter and themselves. The shooting stops while the smoke billows out, though the rotor blades (still spinning at full speed) of the helicopter certainly will prevent it from being an effective deterrent for very long.

Lycar
2008-08-19, 01:59 PM
Grunty

[*grunt* They went hiding, use the time and get our package!]

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-19, 03:18 PM
Mig

Mig darts out of the chopper, heading for the car. Her pistols are out and she's ready to return fire on anyone who tries shooting at her.

Santanya
2008-08-19, 04:39 PM
Brachial

[Hey, if you want to be out on the street looking for someone's spleen,] he sends over the radio as he gets ready. [Same unfortunately goes for other fire, be better not to pop any of them, but if its necessary, its necessary.]

Brachial grabs the first aide kit and leaps from the chopper, running towards the car with it. "DOC WAGON!" he shouts authoritatively as he approaches the car and attempts to open the door to get to the client.

dauphinous
2008-08-20, 12:34 PM
Mig is followed by Brachial hopping out of the copter to run over to the car. Grunty keeps a wary eye on the smoke still issuing from the van, but doesn't catch any movement other than swirling vapor.

Once at the car, the people there can all be seen much better. The three outside the car and hiding behind it are all male and have a bodyguard/hitman look about them, with nice suits, expensive guns, sunglasses, and neat haircuts. The woman in the car is an elf, and she is dressed in the latest chic fashion, wearing a dress that leaves little to the imagination. At the moment, it's leaving even less, as it has several bloody holes, probably from bullets. her hair looks like it was probably arranged in some artful fashion, but it's all just tangled and bloody now.

In addition to being shot several times (through the car, as it happens - the bullet holes are evident), she seems to also have smacked her head pretty hard on the window that is now broken and bloody. She's still wearing her seatbelt.

The two tires on this side of the car are flat, for unknown reasons without inspection. One of the bodyguard/hitmen is keeping his arm close into his body, but as there has been no notification about picking up a second client, and he doesn't seem overly bothered by it, the wound is likely minor.

Another of the bodyguard/hitmen pops the trunk and pulls out a dark colored duffel bag while the third asks, "Can we all get a lift with you guys?"

For the moment, the smoke seems to be keeping the van's contingent from doing much of anything. They certainly aren't shooting.

As she reaches the car, Mig's commlink beeps with an incoming call.

McSherrie
2008-08-20, 01:27 PM
Gatto positions herself in such a way that she can keep an eye on the van without being in Grunty's way.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-20, 01:35 PM
Mig

Not feeling qualified to make the judgment call on the passengers, Mig takes her commlink call subvocally, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Comm: <Japanese>"Hello"

Santanya
2008-08-23, 05:22 PM
Brachial

Brachial shrugs slightly as he moves to the patient, and begins work to stablize her for transport. "Policy says up to four, so its all good," he replies as he works as quickly as he can. "Just help provide cover... and try not to pop their tags either?" he says, nodding towards the chopper and van located behind. "Otherwise we're required to take them as well."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-23, 07:11 PM
Mig

Mig nods, and swaps her metal ammo for gel rounds.

dauphinous
2008-08-23, 08:14 PM
The voice is one Mig recognizes immediately, even without seeing the image on the screen. Jiro Yamada. <Japanese>"Mig, I need to see you. Can you meet with me? Now?" He sounds like he's speaking through a serious dose of pain and using an inordinate amount of begging, considering his usual manner.

--

Two of the bodyguard/hitmen take up positions with their guns to provide cover fire when the smoke clears while Brachial opens the car door and checks the woman over. After checking her vitals and the status of the bullet wounds, of which there are six (each relatively minor), and the gash on her head he determines that she can be moved before he actually works on her more than just pressing gauze to the head wound. It would be better to take the time to put her on the pavement and work on her right away, but she will survive for another half minute without any detrimental effect. So far as he can tell, anyway.

Grunty can just make out what looks like a shape swirling in the smoke, but it might be shadows and tricks of the eye. His best guess is that the helicopter will disperse the smoke enough for the van's denizens to shoot if they intend to do so in 5-10 more seconds.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-23, 11:53 PM
Mig

Surprise registers on Mig's face, but she keeps alert for any signs of violence coming from the van. (Subvocal into the comm) <Japanese>"Jiro? I'm a bit busy, but I'll break away as soon as I can. You okay? You don't sound so good."

Lycar
2008-08-24, 02:59 AM
Grunty

Grunty simply unhooks one of the normal smoke grenades form his camo suit, pulls the pin, aims, and throws it right in front of the van.

[Guys? How long do you need for evac? I have no idea how long the gunmen will stay put.]

Lycar

Santanya
2008-08-26, 09:56 AM
Brachial

Brachial nods to Mig. [Mig, help me lay her out on the ground. Gatto, please bring a stretcher over and pop it open if you would,] Brachial sends over the commlink. He pulls a piece of gauze out and presses it gently on the headwound of the woman. [Give us 30 seconds?] he says, not entirely sure, but hoping that's more than enough time.

As soon as Mig gets closer, he tries to move the woman to the asphalt outside the car.

dauphinous
2008-08-26, 11:06 AM
<Japanese>"Fight with some gang. Never seen them before. Lots of us are hurt. Doctor isn't returning our calls. You can come? Or get someone else to come?" Jiro sounds like he isn't especially pleased to be asking for help, but then, he never is.

The woman is lowered to the street, onto the stretcher and Brachial bends over her, starting to work. For whatever reason, he isn't using the usual stuff on her; he's sticking her with a syringe and covering over her wounds with gauze.

Grunty's grenade hits the ground a meter or so in front of the van, then clatters to be positioned exactly where he wanted it. The thing starts spewing smoke quickly, and replaces the rapidly failing vapor, despite the rotors. He feels pretty confident that this smoke will give them 15-20 seconds of cover, assuming the guys over there don't just rush through it.

[I can move, if that would help.]

Brachial gets 4 hits on the First Aid test, so he's taking 12 seconds with the woman on the ground.

McSherrie
2008-08-26, 11:07 AM
Gatto grabs the stretcher, drags it over, and pops it in a familiar manner. She does her best not to take her eyes off the location of the astral signature she saw earlier.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-26, 06:45 PM
Mig

Mig helps Brachial as requested. <Japanese>"Where are you at?"

Lycar
2008-08-28, 12:29 AM
Grunty

Grunty just stays put, waiting for his team to do their thing and get their behinds back into the copter.

He is still eyeing the billowing cloud of smoke, his warped sense of time making it look slightly surreal.

But Grunty isn't one to care about such things much.

Lycar

Santanya
2008-08-29, 10:00 AM
Brachial

Brachial works as quickly as he can. [She's allergic to quite a bit,] he says as he does so. [ If you could schootch a bit closer that would be great, Tink,] he adds. [We're headed down town for the dropoff, so its a bit of a flight.]

He looks up towards the chopper. [All good, read to load up and get out of here,] he says as soon as she seems stable enough to move very far.

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 10:12 AM
<Japanese>"Outside our turf. South Renton, where 18 hits 515, almost. In some alley next to a 'Chinese' place. Bikes are all trashed and gone." The way Jiro says 'Chinese', it's clear he means an American faux-Chinese restaurant.

The copter slides another meter closer to the car, slowly enough that Grunty can move without getting hit by the body of it. The bodyguard-types are right there to assist with lifting the stretcher as soon as there is the slightest indication that Brachial is ready for that.

Just as she's being loaded up, Grunty sees movement in the swirling smoke that screams to him 'imminent gunfire'. Everyone is at least partially exposed at this point, with legs visible under the body of the copter.

Grunty sees it, no one else does.
There is a gun that he knows is capable of full auto being aimed in the general direction of under the copter, and is about to shoot. If he can beat the opposing initiative of 12, he can do something before it opens up a can of whupass.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-29, 10:37 AM
Mig

Subvocal: <Japanese>"How badly are you hurt? And the others? I'm going to try to get there, but I may not be able to. If I can't, I'll call in every favor I can until I get someone there, even if it means calling my uncle. Can you hang on a few minutes?"

Mig continues to have her guns at the ready, at least one in hand at all times while she helps Brachial as best she can-- which isn't very good, given her medical ineptitude.

McSherrie
2008-08-29, 10:43 AM
"Well, let's hope that cats aren't on that list. If so, she's kinda fragged with this group." Gatto keeps an astral eye out in the direction of the adept, but also does her best to help Brachial.

Lycar
2008-08-29, 10:49 AM
Grunty

Okay so i'll roll for initiative. That are 10 dice thanks to cyberware...

[roll0],[roll1],[roll2],[roll3],[roll4],[roll5],[roll6],[roll7],[roll8],[roll9]

Edit: :smallsigh:

If it' important enough to matter, Grunty has Edge 2, Initiative 10 and Reaction 4.

(Finally.) thought Grunty.

It's true, a soldier spends most of his time waiting. Waiting for the watch to end, waiting for lunch, waiting for the CO to get done with his speech... or waiting for the enemy to make his move.

Some people say that the waiting is the worst part.

These people obviously never got shot.

Grunty doesn't intend to get shot.

Nor does he intend to allow his teamates to get shot.

Grunty is still dimly aware that the people near the van are Doc Wagon clients too, and that he's kinda not supposed to make their armbands pop.

But his years of training and service in the army take over and he remembers the immortal words of Sgt. Lopez: 'Do unto them as they would do unto thee. But do it first! And doubly as thoroughly!'

He aims for what is about a second in his own timeframe. But this is just a fraction thereof in real time.

Then he pulls the trigger and sends a stream of gel rounds down range.

Long, narrow burst center of mass. Calling Edge in advance to re-roll all non-hit dice. Grunty wants to take the fragger down, hard. Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 10:50 AM
To Mig: <Japanese>"I'm basically okay, but Ryozo is unconscious, and Haruko has half a tailpipe through her gut. The rest are not so bad." It's tough to tell how honest he's being about his own health over the commlink, what with Mig's attention divided.

Grunty catches the movement with enough time to pull the trigger at what seems like it might be exactly the same time as the other guy does. Both weapons ring out, Grunty's causing the other guy's spray of bullets to foul after the first few, then stop completely. The helicopter noise obscures anything that might be heard to explain the fate of the shooter, but both Brachial and Mig feel light impacts from those first few bullets he managed to squeeze off.

It was a really nice shot.
Mig takes 5 boxes Stun from a horrible damage resistance roll.
Brachial takes 1 box of Stun from a substantially better roll.
Both hits were to lower leg locations, and armor reduced it to stun damage

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-29, 11:30 AM
Mig

Mig swears vociferously in Japanese as she gets pelted with bullets, not thinking to mute the commlink beforehand. She fires back into the smoke, emptying half a clip from each pistol into the mist. (She gets 14 dice, even with the -2 stun damage penalty, so I'll just buy the 3 hits per shot to simplify.)

McSherrie
2008-08-29, 11:40 AM
Gatto is somewhat relieved that she missed out on getting shot this time - twice in one day would have been too much, even if it meant she might get to see Yogi again. However, rather than doing a happy kitty dance, she begins pulling the stretcher towards the coptor in an attempt - perhaps misguided - to take the strain off Brachial and Mig.

Santanya
2008-08-29, 11:52 AM
Brachial

["Fragging..."] Brachial cusses over the commlinks and outloud as he hops on one foot for a few seconds. He leans towards the stretcher, pushing it to get it to the chopper as quickly as he can. [We're loading up,] he says over the comm as they reach it.

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 03:22 PM
[Grunty, Mig step on the rail, and I'll get us out of here before they really start shooting.]

The bodyguard-types are of significant help getting the stretcher into the copter. Two of them offer hands to Gatto and Brachial and help haul them in while the other two hold the stretcher in place. With the mage and the medic in the copter, that leaves Mig, shooting into the swirling smoke with no idea if she's hitting anyone or not, and Grunty, waiting for another real opportunity to definitively hit something. The show is ready to roll, though.

Lycar
2008-08-29, 04:24 PM
Grunty

[Step on the rail? *grunt* I hope i they don't try any parting shots...]

Grunty gets up and steps on the rail, attaching the safety hook of his harness to the metal ring beside the door. No time to test if it's really as safe as supposed to, but ideally Grunty should not have to try it out.

He holds onto the door with his left arm and keeps the rifle ready in his right hand. Just in case. If they get airborne safely, he'll make sure to get the hell inside again though.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-29, 05:02 PM
Mig

At Tink's command, Mig dashes towards the copter, still shooting, and dives into the open door, skipping the standing on the rail.

(I assume I can do this as is, let me know if I need to roll or change it.)

Once inside she says, [Can we make a short stop on the way, Tink?]

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 06:27 PM
Tinkerbelle has the copter in the air before Grunty is secured and as Mig is diving. Which is fortunate, because the the gunfire starts up again right about then. One of the bodyguard-types gets a good grip on Grunty, and another one assists Mig to make sure neither is left behind in an unpleasant, pancake-y sort of way.

As there is a client on board, Tinkerbelle goes smooth and even, not getting very high up until Grunty is able to get himself inside and shut the door.

[We can stop after we drop off the client.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-29, 06:55 PM
Mig

[Hurry it along then. I've got a promise to keep.]

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 07:07 PM
[Location is about 35km away. It'll take maybe 10 minutes.] As soon as the door is shut, Kitty goes up high enough to remove the need for dodging anything but other air traffic and accelerates to full speed.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-29, 07:10 PM
Mig

[Don't suppose you can speed that up at all?] she asks, putting away her pistols and stripping off her coat to look at whatever damage the bullets caused.

dauphinous
2008-08-29, 07:22 PM
[Not worth my paycheck to try, Mig. They call it 'maximum speed' for a reason.]

Lycar
2008-08-31, 08:48 AM
Grunty

Grunty peers over at Mig as goes about the buisiness of deloading his rifle.

[Hey Mig, what's that? Running a little side buisiness?]

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-08-31, 11:27 AM
Mig

[Not exactly. Friends in trouble.]

McSherrie
2008-08-31, 11:31 AM
Gatto looks in Mig's direction. "Friends are important. Need anyone set on fire?" She grins "reassuringly" at the bodyguards, which looks more like a baring of teeth than anything else, then winks at them.

Santanya
2008-09-01, 11:45 AM
Brachial

Brachial frowns slightly, glancing towards Mig. [Where they at?] he asks over the team's commlink as he checks over the woman.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-01, 11:38 PM
Mig

[South Renton.] She gives the address as best as she got it from Jiro.

dauphinous
2008-09-02, 06:12 AM
[That's about a five and a half minute flight from the client dropoff location. What are we looking at there? I mean, I don't have to report anything to Dispatch, but Kitty's logs will show we stopped, so it's best if I report something. I generally prefer being at least near the truth.]

As soon as the copter gets up to speed, Tinkerbelle puts the game back on. It looks like all Grunty really missed was the commercials, as maybe 30 seconds of game time has passed since she shut it off. The flight is smooth and straight; she seems to have selected an altitude high enough that she can just take a straight line shot to the location. It's possible that she's broadcasting for other air traffic to get out of the way, but hard to tell if she is or not.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-02, 11:08 AM
Mig

[They ran afoul of some go-gangers. Sounds like the worst injury is a tailpipe in the belly, from what I was told. I'm no medic, though, so I could be wrong.]

Lycar
2008-09-02, 05:00 PM
Grunty

Grunty quirks an eyebrow at that. As far as he's concerned, that is about the same as saying 'the worst damage to the house seems to be the missing roof. But i'm no architect, so i could be wrong about that.'

However, his only comment is [*grunt* You better hope we get there in time.]

Lycar

Santanya
2008-09-02, 07:48 PM
Brachial

Brachial continues standing over the woman, his hands going through the motions of doing his best to care for her the best he can.

He turns suddenly, looking towards Mig. [We'll go pick them up after we drop the client off,] he says over the commlink, his jaw not moving. [Get in contact if you can and tell them, have them as ready as they can be to jump in.] He nods once towards her and looks back to the patient. [So long as we're not missing calls, it shouldn't be a problem, but if we get one, we have to go to it.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-02, 09:22 PM
Mig

[Tell them we're on break or something. I'm not going to abandon my friends.] She fidgets impatiently with one of her pistols, dropping and reinserting the clip over and over. [We're going to help them.] She comms Jiro back attempting to send reassurances.

dauphinous
2008-09-03, 08:51 AM
[No one said you have to. We'll get there as fast as we can.]

Jiro grunts, which sounds like it might have been an expression of pain, or maybe just acknowledgment. <Japanese>"Do you know what we should to for Haruko? She's still bleeding. I don't know if she'll make it very long. You have a medic there, right? Can he tell us what to do until you get here?"

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-03, 09:48 AM
Mig

Mig conferences in Brachial on the call, worried about possibly passing the information off wrong. <English, on the call>"Jiro, Brachial. Brachial, Jiro. Jiro, can you give him some more information on her condition? He'll be able to tell you what will help."

dauphinous
2008-09-03, 10:38 AM
"I can send images." Jiro's voice, previously not accompanied by an image, now shows a moving visual. They are in a fairly dark alley, lit only by a streetlight at one end. They look to be using a couple of dumpsters to screen them from the view of anyone passing by. It's six people, plus Jiro, who isn't showing himself, who all look very beat up. All have the Japanese look to them. Two are male humans, one is a female human, two are elves, one male and one female, and one is a male ork.

The ork looks the least beat up and is holding a gun, some cheap knockoff of a predator, and watching back towards where the streetlight is. One of the male humans is unconscious and covered with blood. It doesn't look like anyone has done anything to him, aside from probably dragging him to where he is. The other two humans look like they've been through the wringer with scrapes and bruises and small cuts. The male elf, also rather bloody, is cradling his left arm like it's badly hurt, though he's only in the shot briefly.

The female elf lying on the ground is what he gives the camera a good, long look at. She's conscious, somehow, and covered in a substantial amount of blood, though her breathing is irregular and shallow and she's making little moaning noises. There is a piece of metal sticking out of her gut, protruding almost half a meter out of her stomach. She is otherwise as battered as the rest of them.

"We got hit about ten minutes ago." Jiro's voice says this as he moves the camera.

Santanya
2008-09-03, 10:50 AM
Brachial

Brachial visibly winces as he sees the pictures being sent. He sends over the call, [Cover her up, but don't touch the pipe at all. Try to keep her as still as possible, if you have water, try to give her some. No booze or anything like that, it thins the blood.] He frowns as he looks down at the patient in the stretcher. [Is it all the way through or just in?] he asks. [Also, how clear is the street outside your location? We'll need a place to land.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-03, 11:16 AM
Mig

Mig's face darkens as she sees the images, and she mouths the names of her friends as the camera pans over them. She leaves the speaking to Brachial for the moment, however, not wishing to interrupt the medical talk.

dauphinous
2008-09-03, 11:21 AM
"It's not sticking out anywhere else. Ah..." He pauses for a few moments, then says, "She's on kamikaze. Probably wear off in a few minutes. Ryozo is, too." He sighs lightly, then answers the other question.

"These places are all closed. Not much traffic right now."

Perhaps because the universe has a sense of irony, Seattle scores a goal in the Urban Brawl game at this point.

Not long after this, there is a sensation like Kitty just kicked an extra burst of speed in. A high-pitched whine can be just heard over the regular noise of the copter, but it's barely noticeable.

Santanya
2008-09-03, 11:55 AM
Brachial

Brachial leans against the table, looking over the woman below him. As the high pitched whine starts, he glances up towards the ceiling and raises his eyesbrows slightly, then goes back to work. Through the commlink he says, [OK, if you can, keep her talking, and relaxed as you can. Its going to be close, but we should be able to get there before its too late.]

dauphinous
2008-09-03, 12:33 PM
"Is that noise normal?" One of the bodyguards, all of whom have been extremely quiet to this point, asks this, pointing upwards.

"Take off your coat," jiro says to someone, not really into the commlink, "cover her up and don't touch the pipe." His voice changes to suggest that he shifts again to directing it back at the commlink. "Should we give them another hit?" Jiro hasn't moved the camera from the view of the girl, so Brachial and Mig can see as the conscious human male drapes a leather jacket over her torso. He is extraordinarily careful to not touch the pipe at all and visibly winces a couple of times as he takes the action.

Santanya
2008-09-03, 12:53 PM
Brachial

Brachial stares at the wall for a few moments as he looks at the visual from the phone. [How long has it been since she had a hit of it?] he asks as he leans forward checking through supplies.

Does the chopper have any detox patches or the like? *can't remember what they're called*

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-03, 01:03 PM
Mig

"Couldn't tell you," Mig says aloud to the bodyguard-- the first words she's spoken aloud since they were picked up. "This is only my second day-- night-- uh, shift. Wouldn't surprise me that it is, though. Leastwise, not with our current pilot. She knows what she's doing though. Not to worry."

Lycar
2008-09-03, 02:17 PM
Grunty

"Heard that kind of sound before. Med-Evac chopper pushed to the limits. Made three sorties, got a dozen people out alive. Had to have it's entire rotor mechanics replaced afterwards though."

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-03, 02:59 PM
"Ah." The bodyguard glances dubiously over at the back of Tinkerbelle's head, but doesn't say anything else.

"Right after the first gunshots. A little over ten minutes. They should be crashing soon." With Brachial's go ahead to deliver more of the drug to both of the most seriously injured people, he and Mig (if they want) can watch as it is done by the human female. It doesn't have an obvious effect.

By the time the copter arrives at the client's dropoff location, the human girl is sitting next to the elf girl's head, holding her hand and talking quietly to her. Tinkerbelle has apparently called ahead, as two men are standing just outside the helipad Kitty lands in, holding a stretcher. The client hand-off is quick, facilitated by the bodyguard-types. It is less than half a minute before Kitty is pulling up again and speeding back towards the bottom of Renton.

Jiro goes silent, but leaves the connection on, with the camera pointed at the two girls. The elf seems to still be breathing oddly, but she is responding to the other girl for a while, then she falls into mumbling, then she stops doing much of anything. About 13 and half minutes have passed since Jiro first called when the girl takes in a horribly wheezy, rattling sort of breath, lets it out in a just as unpleasant sounding way, and doesn't pull in another one.

[There's a couple of Chinese places around here. Have one of them wave in an obvious place or something. We should be right over their heads or so in about 15 seconds.]

McSherrie
2008-09-03, 03:08 PM
Gatto settles into her seat, waiting out the G-forces as the 'copter speed towards the new rescue. When they get close, she takes an astral look around.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-03, 03:19 PM
Mig

Mig lets out a soft groan as Haruko appears to stop breathing. <Japanese>"Jiro, can you have someone come out and wave, so we can find you guys? We're almost there. A few more seconds."

Santanya
2008-09-03, 03:48 PM
Brachial

Brachial hands the client over as quickly as he can, then moves back and drops into his seat. Over the call he sends, [Can you check for a pulse?] the tone becoming more hurried. As they get closer, he stands and pulls out the first aide kit, as well as pulling open a bin, withdrawing three cylinders. He spends a moment dialing something on each, then drops them into the first aide kit and stands ready as the chopper nears. He frowns slightly as he moves closer to the front of the chopper, looking through the clear divider and out the front of the chopper, twisting his head back and forth slightly.[There,] he says pointing through the front of the chopper. [That alleyway,] he adds, looking towards Tink for a moment. A slight grin twinges on the corner of his mouth as he watches forward.

Lycar
2008-09-03, 05:03 PM
Grunty

As the team approaches the LZ, Grunty goes through the moves of charging his assault rifle again.

Habits.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-03, 05:59 PM
A bloody arm that probably belongs to Jiro can be seen waving at the human girl as he tells her to check the elf girl for a pulse. She puts her whole hand at the elf's neck. After a few moments, she shakes her head 'no'.

Tinkerbelle doesn't send a response to Brachial, she just heads for the alleyway that he pointed to, despite clearly being unable to see where he's pointing. The alley itself is nowhere near wide enough for the copter to land in. The closest street, the one that the Chinese place is on, looks kind of narrow, but the copter drops nearly like a rock towards it. Kitty has to be aligned as if it were traffic on the street, but that really just means that the door is facing the mouth of the alley.

As the copter gets close to the street, the ork is just arriving at the mouth of the alley, holding his gun loosely at his side with one hand and waving up at the copter with the other. Like most people do, he ducks away from the rotor blades. The ork looks a little banged up with a good sized fresh scrape on his forehead. He isn't showing any signs of having real injuries, but he does have a liberal amount of blood splashed on his clothes, which is a typical go-gang biker outfit in a cut that suits his bulky frame nicely.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-03, 06:07 PM
Mig

Mig jumps out of the copter before it's even hit the ground. She waves at the ork with a brief, "Hey Senshi," and darts down the alley looking for Jiro. She has one pistol out, but she doesn't expect to need to use it.

McSherrie
2008-09-03, 07:26 PM
Gatto takes a little more time getting out of the helicopter, waiting until it is safe to do so. She looks astrally around the alley for a minute, knowing she won't be able to do much for the girl who has already died and wanting to be out of the way of those who can. Making her way to the wounded after the interlude, however, she prepares to Clean any wounds that need it - assuming Brachial will point out those too injured to survive the treatment.

dauphinous
2008-09-04, 08:02 AM
2:16am
light acid rain

The scene is mostly how it looked over the commlink. Mostly. This alley seems much dirtier and less pleasant when looked upon with actual eyes. There is trash strewn about and everything is wet from the rain. Someone has rigged up the lids of the dumpsters to keep the small area the gang is using out of the rain, and there is an overhang over the part of the alley they're using, so they are reasonably dry.

The one person whose wounds were not displayed is sitting with his back to a dumpster, still pointing the commlink camera at the now-dead elf girl. His legs are both lying on the ground with angles in them odd enough that it's clear they must be broken. The rest of him is battered and bloody like the others, and he is using one hand to hold a bloody cloth to his forehead.

Senshi nods to Mig grimly and follows her, and presumably Brachial, back to the rest of the gang. As he walks, he shoves his gun into the waistband of his pants at the small of his back. "They come outta nowhere on these zippy little bikes, shooting and throwing drek under our wheels. Don't even know who them fraggers were or why they hadta hit us. We were just ridin' from point A to point B, tryin' not to be in the rain very long."

[I'm keeping Kitty running, in case we have to bolt. I told Dispatch we needed a pit stop. That means they expect us to be back in the air in ten minutes or less.]

Santanya
2008-09-04, 09:50 AM
Brachial

Brachial grabs a stretcher as the chopper goes down and jumps as it hits the ground. He follows Mig into the alleyway, wincing at the scene as it unfolds in front of him. He moves directly to the dead girl's side and starts to work. [Keep the rotors turning, we're going to need to get them to a hospital or wherever quick...]

"I'm Brachial," he adds as he does so, pulling open the kit and starting with scisors, cutting at the material around the pipe. "You have a streetdoc or the like you goto?" he asks, glancing towards the man holding the commlink, his eyes doing a mental rundown of him as well. The legs would need set, but could wait... He shakes his head a few times as he works, drawing out the defibulator. "Come on now," he hisses to the girl. "Clear..."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-04, 10:59 AM
Mig

Mig blanches as she sees Jiro's condition, and darts over to him taking the commlink out of his hand and holding it. "Take them to Cameron Grace Memorial," Mig says to Brachial. "I'll call in a favor if I have to." Still holding Jiro's hand she turns to Senshi and asks, "Any idea who the fraggers were? This sort of thing shouldn't go unanswered."

dauphinous
2008-09-04, 01:16 PM
The ork shakes his head to answer Mig. Jiro says, "They got red bikes. A couple of them had some kind of bird on their backs. Their bikes were drek-hot fast. Just came right up out of nowhere. If this is someone's turf, they're new. We cross through here all the time."

The first zap Brachial delivers just makes the girl's body spasm with no other effect. The second one is similarly useless, and the human girl sitting next to her (but no longer touching her) starts to cry.

A quick scan of the area doesn't show anyone or anything hostile in this area. in fact, the street is empty of people and cars, the lights are all off except for the streetlights, and there aren't even any parked vehicles here. This part of the street is commercial, with a couple of restaurants and shops, but they have apartments over them, and there is no real sign of life. Maybe it's just because it's 2 o'clock in the morning.

It might be notable that there aren't any trees or shrubs along here, and there is no sign of rats or even dogs or cats or birds. They do call Seattle the Emerald City for a reason, and this sort of plascrete covering over method of building is unusual for anyplace outside of the Redmond Barrens or Glow City.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-04, 02:49 PM
Mig

Mig lets off a string of curses in Japanese-- whether at Bracial's lack of success or the description of the attackers is hard to tell. "You can't let her die, Brachial," she says earnestly when she's done cursing. "Do something!"

Santanya
2008-09-04, 03:23 PM
Brachial

Brachial sighs slightly as he works, checking for a pulse before reaching out and smacking the defibrillator again. "Doing the best I can, not just sitting here..." he says, an edge to his voice that wasn't there before. His hand snakes towards the medkit at the same time as he checks for her pulse once more. He withdraws the cylinder he added before and presses it to her neck.

McSherrie
2008-09-04, 03:40 PM
Gatto is jumpier than normal - Like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs as they used to say - and keeps fairly close to the team after her initial search. "Not to put any undue extra stress on anyone, but it is truly icky here. Maybe we can start getting everyone who can walk in the 'copter?"

Lycar
2008-09-04, 05:53 PM
Grunty

Grunty just got out after the rest of the team.

He doesn't watch what's going on. He keeps an eye out on the surrounding area. It's not a good neighbourhood. A landing chopper might attract unwanted attention.

Grunty crouches and looks around. He is still happy he never had his real eyes replaced. Although maybe a set of goggles with vision enhancements...

(... maybe after the first couple of paychecks...)

Keeping in the shadow of the copter means the rotor wash drowns out any sounds. He'll just have to rely on eyesight and experience to spot any trouble.

Keeping an eye out for movement on the roofs or behind windows.

Habits...

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-04, 07:09 PM
The medkit starts beeping out the heartbeat of the elf girl after the third zap Brachial gives her. The human girl looks up, her sobs getting a little more unhinged. The human man moves over to hold her in his arms.

"Does that mean she's okay?" Jiro asks this, squeezing Mig's hand. "Or is that bad?"

[I...have a group of five somethings on radar that are not identifying themselves, coming very fast from behind me, down the street. Too fast to be anything legal. Street level, not flying.]

As Tinkerbelle sends this, Grunty is catching a glint of something down the street in that direction. He can't really make anything out, but there is definitely something down that way.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-05, 12:46 AM
Mig

Mig forces a smile on her face as Jiro squeezes her hand. "I think it's a good thing. But I'm not good with the medical stuff. You know me. I can barely put a trauma patch on right. Still, he knows what he's doing."

Her head jerks up at Tinkerbelle's comm message. "Those who can move, get in the copter. I think they may be coming back." She squeezes Jiro's hand reassuringly herself. <Japanese>"You'll be all right. I'm going to see if I can't deal with that little problem." She lets go of his hand regretfully, then darts down the alley towards the copter, taking up a position of cover, and readying her weapons with regular ammo.

Lycar
2008-09-05, 01:36 AM
Grunty

Grunty nods slowly. Jep, trouble is brewing.

Activating his cybered reflexes, he retreats towards the landing skid on the door side of the chopper and lies down, training his weapon into the direcion of the approaching threat.

[ETA ?] Grunty asks of Tinkerbell over the comlink.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-05, 07:26 AM
[15 seconds, tops.]

Senshi, seeing Mig pull a gun and trot to the edge of the alley, follows suit, his cheap gun in his hands as he leans against the wall at the end of the alley. The human girl is too upset to really do much of anything, but the human man lets go of her and stands up. He has a sawed off shotgun, which he retrieves from the pocket of the jacket over the unconscious human man before following Senshi, loading it as he walks.

The elf man with the broken arm takes up the task of giving the human girl a shoulder to lean on, as she's lost any composure she had before.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-05, 11:56 AM
Mig

Not stupid enough to dart into the open towards the approaching whatever, Mig continues to sight down her pistols, waiting for them to come within range to be identified. "Blood Hawks!" she says when she's able to identify them. When in range, she starts to shoot at them, quite willing to kill them if that's what it takes.

(I'll wait for an indication they're in range before posting init and shooting rolls and so on.)

McSherrie
2008-09-05, 12:04 PM
Gatto turns, air escaping her lips in a sound remarkably similar to a cat's hiss. She arches her back, lets her eyes go slitted, and mimes throwing something at the first flying object.

Gatto is casting Fireball at the lead "bike".

Willpower test: 5D6 = [3, 3, 6, 5, 4] = 21
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6199)

Lycar
2008-09-05, 01:37 PM
Grunty

Grunty is a bit unhappy that the artillery opens fire. He had kinda hoped for the gangers to approach in a nice, tight formation, so he could hose them down... oh well.

He just waited for them to come, briefly wondering about what to write down in the after action report.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-05, 08:07 PM
A ball of fire erupts around the lead bike, and they just ride right through it, not slowing in the slightest. With the fireball to help judge their speed, it's clear they are moving very fast for ground vehicles. Probably 200kph. It's good thing this street is straight and lit, or they'd just be on the team with no real warning at all.

"Heh. We got a mage." Senshi sights down his gun, watching the fire with a grin.

"Drek, at least we got something. They already wasted us once. Fraggers." The human pumps his shotgun and lifts it up to aim it, also waiting for them to get close enough that he can actually hit them effectively.

A second ball of fire erupts around the lead bike, but they still seem undeterred by the tactic, riding straight on through the flaming burst. Those with vision enhancements can see that the bikes are barely scorched, and the riders, all of whom are dressed at least partially in dark red, are leaned down low as they ride. They were probably doing that anyway, though, given how fast they're going. They are all wearing dark red full helmets that fully obscure their faces.

Gatto takes 1 box of stun from Drain for each of two fireballs (a total of 2 boxes).
Bikes will be in range for shooting after one more round. If anyone wishes to declare any specific actions/prep thsi is the time to do it.
I have assumed that Brachial elects to apply his talents to using First Aid on the fallen.

McSherrie
2008-09-05, 08:19 PM
"Someone tell Tink to take the 'copter up. These bikes are going down..." Gatto's posture changes slightly and a snarl leaves her lips as she holds both hands in front of her like claws. She slashes down and focuses her rage and pain on the lead driver.

Agony that *beep*. :smallannoyed:

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-05, 08:37 PM
Mig

"I'm not exactly day-old sushi myself, Kato," Mig says, to the human, a hint of joviality in her voice despite the circumstances. "Then there's Grunty, there," She waits for the lead bike to come in range and shoots at the front tire, assuming physics will do the rest. Once the first tire goes, she targets the next bike.

(Called shot, so only 14 dice per shot. She gets two per pass and 3 passes per round on a full turn. Not sure if this counts as a surprise round or not, so I don't know how many shots to roll. I'll leave it to the GM.)

Lycar
2008-09-06, 03:45 AM
Grunty

Missing a real machienegun, Grunty resolves to make do with what he got. He is aware that gel rounds won't do much about the motorcycles and decides to use the time to quickly change magazines and insert a mag of FMJ ammo.

Out of habit, he catches the ejected gel round and pockets it.

As soon as they are in range, Grunty will lay down what he hopes to be a withering hail of bullets. 1st and snd action: Suppression fire (20 round bursts), 3rd action: Reload. He will wait for the results of the barrage to decide to load another mag of FMJ or if he rather should go for gel next.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-06, 09:08 AM
"Watch out for grenades. That was mostly what fragged us up before."

Gatto's next spell makes her ethereal tail and ears appear, and her face forms into her cat mask. The lead bike swerves a little bit, but returns to course almost immediately.

The copter lifts off, heading straight upwards, as Grunty and Mig, and Senshi and Kato start shooting. The bullets *rat-a-tat* and *thpt* and *blam*. The lead bike flips over and starts tumbling, then sliding down the road. The rest of the bikes peel off under the barrage from Grunty, two pairs each heading down opposite side streets. The person riding the lead bike slides and tumbles down the street behind his bike.

The bike slides until it reaches about 10 meters away from the group, and the rider - impossibly - tumbles to his feet. He flings something that slides down the street and skips to a stop a Senshi's feet. It's a small disc, about the size of a hockey puck, and everyone has a pretty good idea that it's about to blow up in some fashion. He's a good 30 meters away, which is plenty close enough to shoot him.

The rider is actually a little odd-looking. He's scrawny in his obviously armored clothes, looking too thin to really be capable of throwing a grenade as far as he just did, even with its shape assisting. And something about his stance just cries out 'wrong' to everyone's brains, though it's impossible to tell what exactly it is.

McSherrie
2008-09-06, 09:38 AM
Without really taking her eyes off the figure, Gatto reaches a hand-paw towards the grenade and appears to bat it back the direction it came. Anyone close enough can hear her muttering under her breath, although there are no recognizable words. Instead syllables made up of random g's, r's and m's seem to be pouring out of her.

Levitating the grenade and, in theory, sending it back the way it came.

dauphinous
2008-09-06, 10:38 AM
Gatto's quick thinking sends the grenade flinging back towards the unseated creepy rider guy, causing it to blow up just a few meters in front of him. It has a tight blast radius of things that seem to glow white hot, and although the rider is quite close, his clothes seem to be more affected than he himself does.

Just resolving the grenade so ya'll can move on appropriately.

Lycar
2008-09-06, 01:26 PM
Grunty

[We scattered them, now let's bug out before they regroup!]

Grunty launches a tear gas grenade, aiming for right in front of the downed bike the lead ganger is taking cover behind.

[The gas cloud should break LOS, move!]

True to his own words, Grunty starts to get going as soon as the gas cloud has developed sufficently to obscure his movement.

He is under no illusion that that guy can't simply toss a grenade his way if he stays put. And you traditionally use grenades to deal with MG-Nest...

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-07, 12:45 AM
Mig

"Can't bug out while there are people who can't move, Grunty," Mig replies. She doesn't even mention the possibility of leaving them. Instead, she continues to fire at the ganger who lobbed the grenade.

Santanya
2008-09-08, 10:45 AM
Brachial

Brachial continues working as quickly as he can. He looks up quickly. "We need to get her onto the stretch and ready for the chopper," he says as the gunfirst starts, then immediately heads towards the unconscious man nearby and continues working to stablilize them for transport, pausing to close his eyes for a few seconds before he starts work again.

dauphinous
2008-09-08, 12:44 PM
The gas begins to hiss out of the grenade shortly after Grunty lobs it. It lands a short distance from the rider, who starts backing up as he pulls a pair of guns out. Mig's first shot rips a hole in his jacket, but doesn't look like it actually hit him. Her second shot seems to get lodged in his pants right over his knee. Judging by the fact he doesn't really react to that, it probably didn't get through whatever kind of armor his clothing might have.

Grunty breaks for the cover of the alley while Mig watches the smoke billow out to obscure her target. Although no one else can see it (Grunty because he's not looking, and everyone else because they don't have thermographics), Mig can see the rider collapse to his knees for no apparent reason. One gloved hand is clawing at his arm, maybe trying to remove something she can't see.

Shortly after the rider falls to his knees, there are squeals of tires off where the other four bikes might be if they elected to turn down the first perpendicular street they came to. These noises are followed by the bangs of crashing vehicles.

Mig can keep shooting for her second action if she wants, but he seems to be down, at least for the moment.
As a reminder, the rails of the copter are about 3 meters up.

Lycar
2008-09-09, 02:20 PM
Grunty

Grunty hears the sound of the crashing vehicles, although his distorted perception of time also distorts the sounds.

[... this sounded like vehicles crashing, do you copy ?]

Grunty doesn't know what to make of this. If something is too good to be true... like the incessant small arms fire suddenly ceasing, only because the other side doesn't want to eat their own artillery...

Lycar

Santanya
2008-09-09, 02:37 PM
Brachial

Brachial works diligently to get the people ready for transport. [Come get these people, and most likely,] he says over the comm. As he leans over the patients, he grins quietly to himself, letting out a slight snicker. [We have two we need to load. We have weight limits as well, so if we can get a few of them to book it on their own, splitting up now seems like an oportune thing to do.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-09, 02:40 PM
Mig

[If you have to leave someone, leave me. Get them out of here.]

dauphinous
2008-09-09, 02:58 PM
[Mig, we're on call. Kitty logs who's in the copter and who's not. If we leave a location without any one of you, the rest of us get into trouble, and you probably get fired.]

Tinkerbelle lowers the copter to the street again. [I could spit a whole drek-load of company policy and all kinds of drek at you, Mig, but I'll skip it. Bottom line: if you don't board, this helicopter is not going to a hospital.]

McSherrie
2008-09-09, 03:12 PM
"If I knew anything about you technological types, I'd think that all the crashes were related to what that drekhead did with his fancy bracelet. Just a thought." Gatto, having calmed down somewhat, concentrates on smoothing her ruffled hair. "I still don't like it here though and I think that we should gather the wounded and get the heck out of Dodge. Or, you know, Renton."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-09, 03:18 PM
Mig

Mig does indeed continue to shoot at the one who's down. This isn't business, it's personal. [Give it to me straight, Tink. No regulations or recommended limits. Just how many people can Kitty take and still get off the ground? Max load.]

dauphinous
2008-09-09, 04:10 PM
[1100kg. The five of us weigh approximately 420. They may all fit because we're lucky enough to have such a scrawny EMT, but I can't say until they get in.]

Mig's shots through the smoke seem to hit on the mark. The rider is scrambling away from smoke and the copter and the team and the gang now, moving with a sort of shambling gait. He rips something off his arm that bears a strong resemblance to a commlink, then he straightens a little bit and moves faster. Away.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-09, 04:20 PM
Mig

[At least there aren't any trolls. Let's try it. Worst comes to worst, I call Senshi and Kato a cab, I guess. They're the biggest and least injured anyway.] She fires once more after the retreating figure and continues to keep watch on the street while her friends are loaded up. She keeps one pistol in hand in the event that anyone comes back.

Lycar
2008-09-09, 04:34 PM
Grunty

[Let's just get everybody loaded and scram. Every mission you can walk away from is a good one.]

Grunty doesn't like the feel of the situation. It is somehow ..wrong. So he retreats towards the copter, still keeping an eye on windows and rooftops.

Lycar

Santanya
2008-09-11, 11:27 AM
Brachial

[Ok, still need help getting them loaded over here,] Brachial repeats over the comm to the others. He smirks slightly.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-11, 11:54 AM
Mig

Mig holsters her weapons and helps with the loading, speaking reassuring words in Japanese to her friends as they're loaded up.

dauphinous
2008-09-11, 01:04 PM
Mig and Brachial are able to get the three non-ambulatory people transferred into the copter, though the fact that two of them have to be lying down and one has to have his legs outstretched makes room a precious commodity. At least the seats have space under them. Senshi waits and helps everyone else get in, making sure there is room before climbing in himself. He stands up against the wall, using as little space as possible and holding the human girl tightly against himself in a protective fashion.

Kitty lifts up slowly. [Well, we're not at max load here, but we are pretty damn close. We're going to be a little slower than usual here, and We need to cook up a story for Dispatch.] The upward speed doesn't increase much until the nearby buildings are covered, then the copter turns and starts going forward and up. [So far, I've told them that we stopped to use facilities, then got stuck in a gang fight. I requested clearance to make a good samaritan run with some civvies to a hospital, but was denied. Anyone have a decent explanation I can give for why we're now headed farther into Renton instead of getting our asses back to work?]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-11, 01:08 PM
Mig

[Would they buy it if we told them that one of the uninjured has a contract, and insisted on transport for the others?] She chews on her lip uncertainly. [I could even provide a name if they're going to look it up.]

Santanya
2008-09-11, 01:46 PM
Brachial

Brachial shakes his head. [That's only going to work if they have the contract number,] he says over the comm. [If they were here, then I could give it to you, but otherwise... not available. Why does it have to be that specific hospital? If we set down at the nearest one, we can come up with a good enough story, but we're headed deeper into Renton, no where close to where we are supposed to be going.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-11, 03:02 PM
Mig

[I could probably call and get the number, but I expect he'd be a little irritated at being called this time of night. We have to go to that hospital because that's the hospital that will treat them without question and without them having to worry about the bill.]

Santanya
2008-09-11, 03:15 PM
Brachial

[Then we're going to have to have a good reason why we're going there, not the closest one, or why not just setting down right here as to why. If you can get the number, its a possibility, but we need it NOW. We do not have clearance to drop anyone off as of this point and were in fact ordered back to Auburn.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-11, 03:59 PM
Mig

Mig nods, and places the call, speaking subvocally, and in Japanese as well. After a few moments she says aloud over the commlink [Saitoh, Yamagata 12S33142H37M1]

Santanya
2008-09-11, 04:08 PM
Brachial

Brachial firmly plants his hands on the table, putting most of his weight on them as he pers down at them, staring towards the first aide kit's biometric reader.

dauphinous
2008-09-11, 04:56 PM
[Nothing like telling off Dispatch to get the electrons flowing. We need to make our drop off as quick and clean as possible. I *cough* may have been a little more aggressive than actually necessary, but we have our clearance. Reports should indicate that we picked up Mr. Saitoh in the middle of the gang fight and he requested to be taken to his evac point to be checked out after being shot near. We lifted some of his associates along with him. Any questions?]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-11, 05:04 PM
Mig

[No questions. Just-- thank you. All of you.]

Santanya
2008-09-11, 05:06 PM
Brachial

Brachial opens his eyes, frowning slightly. He reaches up to the wall of drawers and pulls one open near the top, pulling a sucker out. Without much celebration, he pulls the cellophane wrapped around it and sticks it in his mouth as he sits down in his seat, closing his eyes and pulling one of the chair restraints around his shoulder as he does.

McSherrie
2008-09-11, 07:25 PM
Gatto, busy cleaning herself and putting everything in order, looks up. "No questions from the cat."

Lycar
2008-09-12, 01:32 AM
Grunty

[Soldiers don't ask question. They follow orders.]

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-12, 08:30 AM
[Good enough.] The copter lands shortly thereafter on the roof of a building. From this vantage point, it actually isn't obvious what the building is supposed to be for. It's not terribly large for a hospital - five floors high, which is shorter than most of the other buildings nearby - and it isn't that utilitarian white most of them seem to be painted. Really, it looks like a short office building.

Jiro looks at Grunty and Gatto and Brachial and says, "If you ever need anything, you have Mig call me. We can hook you up with whatever you need. I swear. Tell the pilot that goes for him, too."

Four people in white coats are standing by on the roof with three gurneys. They are not far from the white circle that Tinkerbelle is likely to land in.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-12, 11:21 AM
Mig

Mig remains silent at Jiro's offer.

Once the helicopter lands, Mig will help with the unloading of her friends. She takes Jiro's hand briefly and says softly <Japanese>"Let me know when you're better."

Lycar
2008-09-14, 02:23 PM
Grunty

[Right. Let's get back to our job.]

Grunty doesn't mind Mig helping our her folks. It's important to keep contacts alive. But the thought brings back memories of his own past.

Family... yeah, he still has some, doesn't he... maybe it was about time to call someone and tell them he was back. Back from the army. Back from the fighting. Back from trying to hide from the mess that he left behind...

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-15, 02:34 PM
The transfer goes smoothly. If Tinkerbelle wasn't jacked in, she'd probably be tapping some body part with impatience, but as she is, there's no real sign of it until the last of the gangers is out. The copter leaps back into the sky with a jerk before the door even closes, flying sideways, then like a dart, directly south. It takes a good minute or so to get back into Auburn airspace. Although there's no actual line, and Grunty's game is still on, so there's no map to watch, there's a subtle change in how Tinkerbelle is flying once that line is crossed. She slows down just a touch and heads a little lower to start dodging some of the taller buildings.

Grunty's game ends with Seattle winning 2-1.

2:57am
acid drizzle, upper 50s, light winds

The copter, which had been moving in a wide circle around the standby point (just in case - those spirits could still be hanging out there), turns towards Downtown and starts moving at high speed.

[Our relief has just lifted off, people. We're done for the night. Just because I like not getting into trouble, everyone remembers "what happened", right? Especially Grunty and Mig, since you guys actually have to file those reports.]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-15, 04:32 PM
Mig

[I used to be in Lone Star training, Tink. Doctoring paperwork is an actual class, you know.] It's hard to tell if Mig is joking or not.

Santanya
2008-09-15, 05:01 PM
Brachial

Brachial eyes the supply cabinets for a few moments, then shakes his head, deciding not to shuffle things around for the next crew, despite what he swears the day crew does to them. [Its all good, we just delivered injured parties to a location of a client's choosing.] Brachial says over the commlink, not moving at all. [Supply reports and logs correspond and all that.]

dauphinous
2008-09-15, 06:36 PM
Kitty crosses out of Auburn at 2:59am, and lands at 3:02. It looks like Kitty is the second copter in tonight, though the one that has already touched down is being transported into the hangar. Whatever is wrong with it isn't immediately obvious from this distance, but there is someone in a white uniform that has the cut of the armored unis riding with it on the truck.

Tinkerbelle's head lifts as the copter touches down, and she just lets the rotors spin to stop wherever they feel like. Or so it, seems, anyway, as she's already opening the door to the cockpit well before they would stop. "Flip says they hosed up Jupiter pretty good tonight," she tilts her head to indicate the copter on the truck. "Have to replace one of the rotors."

The line for gear return is nonexistent at this point, which can actually be seen before the building is entered, as one of the bay doors is standing open for Jupiter's entry. An orc and a human are sitting down in the uncomfortable chairs filing their reports, but the rest of their team seems to have left already, and both of them have already turned in their gear. Bernie and Karl are taking a moment to check over the gear that was presumably handed in by the Jupiter team.

Tinkerbelle waves to the guy on the truck with the copter, and he waves back.

Lycar
2008-09-16, 03:52 AM
Grunty

Before landing, Grunty answers to Mig.

[Let's just make sure the stories match.]

After touchdown, Grunty simply proceeds to the checkout and hands in his gear, before going about to write the after action report.

[So i'm thirsty, what about you? Time for another beer or three?]

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-16, 01:23 PM
Tinkerbelle starts stripping off her uniform as soon as she walks in, revealing the plain green t-shirt and jeans she's wearing underneath. That and her gun get handed back in, and she wanders off with a wave to everyone, up the stairs to where all the pilots seem to disappear to at the end of shift.

[Sorry, can't do it tonight. I have a date. Rain check for tomorrow?]

Gatto also pulls her own uniform off and hands it in. "I have a few things to do, myself. Tomorrow would be better for me, too." She disappears up a different set of stairs, grinning as she goes. Who knows where that one leads.

Santanya
2008-09-16, 02:20 PM
Brachial

Brachial opens his eyes finally as they near the field, looking much more relaxed. [Oh for the end of shift,] he says as he smiles. He heads straight in, handing over the DocWagon equipment.

[I can't tonight either, I'm expecting a visitor.] he says. [Definitely for tomorrow though if everyone's in.] He glances towards Grunty and smiles. [We're honestly not trying to ditch you, if we were we could have left you back in Auburn. ;)]

Lycar
2008-09-16, 05:29 PM
Grunty

Grunty shrugs. "No worries. People have a life outside their job too after all. See you tomorrow."

Grunty finishes his report and turns it in, then goes to the changing rooms to get into his civilian clothes. Finally he punches out and heads for a bar.

About time for a couple of beers.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-16, 07:47 PM
Mig

Mig nods apologetically to Grunty. "Guess it wasn't meant to be tonight." Once she's done with the paperwork and processing, she hops on her bike and tears down the roads back to the hospital where her friends are staying to check on them.

dauphinous
2008-09-17, 08:13 AM
There are a couple of bars that may be of interest along the way to where Grunty lives.

"Cerri" has an AR display showing a couple of orks raising mugs of what is probably beer of some sort in a toast to the passerby. There are a few motorcycles and one van in the parking lot at this hour. The outside is painted dark red with white highlights. Someone has put a small Ork Underground symbol as 'graffiti' in the AR display. The reason why the name of the place is so obvious isn't because of the AR display, though. It's because the one word is spray painted in reflective silver across the front of the place in huge, messy handwriting.

"Slip'n'Slide" is a dark building with front window displays. Each of the three displays has a scantily clad female ork dancing with her back to the window. They have apparently set the displays up so you cannot see the patrons inside. The music they are dancing to is available as part of the AR feed from the outside. The rest of that AR feed has three ork women doing a dance together that leaves little to the imagination, and leaves a suggestion that the employees might possibly be available for individual attention. This place looks rather popular, even at this time of night, with several cars, vans, and motorcycles.

"On the Mark" is a fairly average looking neighborhood bar. According to the AR display, they have dartboards, pool tables, and female waitstaff of human and ork flavors. In the image, they are not particularly scantily clad, but they do seem flirty.

"Cerri" is Or'zet slang for 'chummer', especially an ork or troll.
I actually am not sure where Grunty lives. If it was stated, I have apparently not retained said info in my notes. Regardless, all three are along his path home.

--

It takes Mig about 45 minutes to get to the hospital, taking the fastest way she knows. When she arrives, she is not contested on her way to the floor where the gang members are. She finds that several of her uncle's men have been left here as guards. Although she doesn't really recognize any of them, two do recognize her, and she is allowed into the rooms without issue. Jiro, Haruko, and Ryozo are all still in surgery, but the rest of gang is available. Senshi is bandaged up some, and has fallen asleep in one of the chairs in the room with the other two men. The human girl is in a separate room that has a second empty bed, presumably where Haruko will end up when she's out of surgery. The rest of the gang is asleep, too, just in hospital beds instead of a visitor chair.

There are plenty of places for Mig to sit and wait if she wants to. Some of them are even relatively comfortable.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-17, 11:26 AM
Mig will find a comfortable place to catnap until the three are out of surgery at which point she'll stay by Jiro's bed until he wakes up. She'll chat with him for a little while before making her way home to get some sleep for the day. And promise to check up on him again the next day.

dauphinous
2008-09-22, 04:59 PM
Wednesday, February 5, 2070
getting on towards 9pm
mid-40s, breezy, clear, visibility unlimited

The rain clears up during the day, and by 4pm, it's actually quite sunny out. Briefly. It gets dark again, as is normal for this time of year, just after 5pm. The ride into the garage is unremarkable, and there are plenty of people already getting ready to go on their shifts.

Tess is standing by downstairs, which she usually only does when something is going wrong, and she immediately eyes both Grunty and Mig when they walk in, waving them over. She is immaculate in a crisp green suit, with her hair in a tidy bun today, and her fingernails and lipstick, as does all her subtle jewelry. But that's how she always seems to look. Immaculate and matched, like a little poster bunny for perfection.

Anyone still in the parking lot at 8:50 gets to see Tinkerbelle squealing in on her motorcycle. She seems to ride like she flies - fast and seemingly out of control. Her bike is electric blue with black racing stripes, and a big hunk of machinery compared to her small frame. She doesn't wear a helmet, just sunglasses and a leather-looking jacket, and she sits on it bent over, like it's a racing bike. She makes one more line on the pavement as she screeches to a halt in the motorcycle parking area and practically leaps off the bike to run inside. It shuts off when she's already several meters away from it.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-22, 09:55 PM
Mig

Mig goes over to see what it is that Tess needs.

Santanya
2008-09-23, 03:52 PM
Brachial arrives early per normal for him. He heads straight out to the chopper after getting his equipment and begins his normal rearranging of supplies so he knows where everything is.

dauphinous
2008-09-23, 06:17 PM
"Ritsuko, there are some questions about yesterday's report." Tess taps on her commlink, looking at it as she speaks. "The Auditor is questioning why so much ordinance was expended on a stopover that had nothing to do with any clients until after you landed.

"There is also some question as to why a stop was made in that location, given that it is not in your assigned patrol zone. The pilot's report indicated it was a stop to use a bathroom, but we're at a loss to determine what bathroom any of you might possibly have used, as a check of the buildings there indicates that all of them were closed at the time you landed.

"There might not have been a check into that, but it was also noticed that the client who, as all your reports indicated, 'requested to be transported with his associates', happens to have the same family name as yourself. Can you explain all these discrepancies?"

As Tess questions Mig, Gatto walks in, breezes through gear acquisition, and heads out to Kitty. Once there, she inspects her seat, then proceeds to let her eyes go slitted as she cleans it. Better safe than sorry.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-23, 06:45 PM
Mig

"Yes, ma'am, I can explain them, although my understanding of DocWagon policy is that we do not delve into the personal affiliations of clients. Providing an explanation in full would violate that policy." She waits to see if Tess wishes an explanation anyway.

dauphinous
2008-09-23, 06:58 PM
Tess purses her lips and looks up at Mig with eyes that have narrowed just a little bit. "When it involves a potential misuse of company equipment, it is better to err on the side of the explanation, over the side of client privacy."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-23, 07:18 PM
Mig

"As you wish," she says, then launches into the explanation. She keeps to the truth as much as she is able to, couching only enough lies to keep the story presented last night plausible. "As you pointed out there are not a lot of locations open that time of night. However, the client in question who is, incidentally, a blood relation, being my father's brother, has a safehouse in the area, which I knew of and that I had access to to let us in. What I didn't know at the time was that there was a meeting going on there with the client and several of his associates, one that was breaking up. As they were leaving, they were attacked by a group with which his organization has had problems before, and, as some of the associates in question were old friends, not to mention that my uncle was there, I was overzealous in my use of ammunition in my attempts to defend them. I freely admit that, and I will accept any reprimand required for my unwarranted expenditure of ammunition. While that may not have been strictly within company policy, there was threat to a client and to us. I should also add that I have no current affiliation with the organization in question aside from my familial relationship to one of its members. My application to this position was fueled by a desire to be a legitimate and productive member of society, not to drag DocWagon into the mud."

dauphinous
2008-09-23, 08:24 PM
Tess seems to buy the story. "Alright. I understand your reticence to include that information in your report. We don't officially sanction the use of company equipment on behalf of family members, but as long as they're clients, it's generally okay. In the future, if you have this kind of issue again, you should note your familial relationship in the report. When you leave it out, it looks like you're hiding something."

She looks back at her commlink and taps it again. "You need to get moving for your shift."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-23, 08:37 PM
Mig

"Yes, ma'am. I will remember it in the future. Apologies. I didn't consider it relevant." She bows slightly to Tess, then heads over to acquire her gear, then makes her way to the copter.

Lycar
2008-09-24, 05:02 PM
Grunty

Grunty checked out the bars on his way home. With his still fresh gunshot wound, he didn't feel much like carousing but he definitly wanted some beers.

So he decided to check out 'Cerri'.

(Let's see if their soybeer is any good.)

And so Grunty had a few beers. It takes a few to make an ork feel anything. What with his body mass and all.

He knew that he would have a slight hangover next morning but hell, that hole in his belly told he earned himself some nice things.

And a tasty beer is a nice thing.

Next morning, Grunty just manages to arrive in time. Which is just as well since it means he isn't the first one to be chewed out by Tess.

Grunty does what all soldiers do when a sergeant is passing down crap. He keeps quiet and out of the way.

Too bad he can't really hide behind any of the others.

So he just listens in to Mig's story, taking his pointers from her.

As she talks, he tries to think up something to feed Tess if she should ask him. Something along 'Mam, if I'm acting as support gunner for my squad and some motorized rifle elements move in to attack, I lay down suppressive fire. That's what I do. Got that reflex drilled into me, I did. Might point out it worked too. Our C.O.s frowned on excessive use of ammunition too, but they never argued with success, mam.'

He's still quite relieved that Tess seems to be satisfied with Mig's story.

Counting his blessings, he just goes to quickly change into his camo gear. He just takes a moment to check if the bullet holes had been fixed. Then he goes to get his gear. Same loadout as the two previous days.

Finally, Grunty joins his teammates at the copter.

"He, we got off lightly. Wonder how often D.W. employees played favourites with their own family before they gave up on trying to stomp that out."

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-09-25, 10:23 AM
Everyone is at the helicopter already by the time Tinkerbelle comes running out of the building, carrying her uniform instead of wearing it. It's 8:57, and most of the other helicopters have already lifted off, but she's grinning. Who knows about what. She yanks off her jacket as she runs up. The engine starts up and the lights inside Kitty flicker before she even gets there.

"Sorry. My fault we're late. I forget who we're relieving, but he can bitch to me and I won't blame anyone else." She tosses her jacket at Brachial when she gets close and starts hopping into her uniform. "Good thing they pay the mechanics the big bucks. No time for a pre-flight."

Santanya
2008-09-26, 03:27 PM
Brachial

Brachial pulls open a lower door as Tink runs out, then turns, catching Tink's jacket without too much trouble. [Welcome to the party,] he says over the comm as he stuffs it into the cabinet out of the way. [Lets just hope they weren't thinking 'Oh, they'll catch it in preflight.'] He grins slightly as the others get aboard. [Everyone ready for another long night of saving people's lives?]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-26, 04:05 PM
Mig

[More like another night of being shot at.] Despite the words, there's a slight humor to her tone and she says to Gatto, "Looks like you've got a smudge on your forehead."

dauphinous
2008-09-26, 07:03 PM
Tinkerbelle settles for having both her legs in the uniform, and nothing else for now. As she jumps into the helicopter, the rotors start turning. [Alright, ladies and gents, we are running late, so buckle up and hold on to your dinners. This will be your only warning.]

"I do not," Gatto says, sounding uncertain. She scowls a little and rubs her nose, looking at her hand to see if anything rubs off while strapping herself in with her other hand. "Give me a mirror."

Lycar
2008-09-28, 09:45 PM
Grunty

"You have to rub a little harder." says Grunty with a straight face.

Lycar

Santanya
2008-09-28, 11:49 PM
Brachial

Brachial looks back to the others, then to Gatto. "Be nice, all of you," he says, shaking his head. He reaches up and places his fingertip on the opposite side of his face from where Gatto is rubbing. "Its right here," he says.

dauphinous
2008-09-29, 06:28 AM
Gatto grumbles something incomprehensible and changes where she's rubbing. She looks at her hand again as the copter lifts up very fast, then just growls a little bit and her eyes go slitted. Her hair gets ruffled by an unseen wind as the copter whips around and takes off like a dart, presumably for Auburn.

"No one is allowed to say that anymore unless they have a mirror!"

[Any requests for the display tonight?]

Lycar
2008-09-29, 10:18 AM
Grunty

Grunty smirks at Gatto "Naa, you're good. Now you have nice, rosy cheeks on both sides. Looks great on you."

Lycar

Santanya
2008-09-29, 10:25 AM
Brachial

Brachial chuckles and nods to Gatto. "As you wish," he says. [I don't need anything special myself,] Brachial adds over the comm system in response to Tink. [I suppose any news happening would be good to have an eye on. Anything you see of interest out there?]

dauphinous
2008-09-29, 03:04 PM
[News it is.] The divider lights up with local news. The main stories tonight are...

Christoper Wexler, wealthy socialite Seattlite is offering a one million nuyen reward for information leading to the apprehension and prosecution of the individuals responsible for the attack on his daughter, Calla, Monday night. He mentioned that she was rescued by a DocWagon helicopter team.

Lone Star has no new information about the Mayan Strangler, and plenty of people are questioning their competence. Governor Strouthers has reaffirmed his confidence in Lone Star, but 'unnamed sources close to the governor' are attributed with statements suggesting that this whole debacle is changing his opinion on the issue of Knight Errant.

There was a prostitute found dead in a nice part of Downtown early this morning. No other information available on the story.

The Seattle Governor's race is still in primary season, and scandals about the candidates are just starting to be dug up. An investigation into Representative Susan Riordan's campaign contribution practices was announced today. It was also released today that Governor Strouthers is taking medication for some unreported condition, though no one has details on it yet.

In sports news, the Los Angeles Bolts's drek-hot star Blaster was found unconscious in a motel room in Snohomish with three hookers, a wad of novacoke, and an unlicensed Ares Predator IV loaded with APDS ammo. The Bolts's Press Agent claims that the team was unaware Mr. Trey was even in Seattle, let alone that he had a drug problem. They have promised to cooperate fully with Lone Star and suspended Trey pending a full investigation.

The 'dragon' that several people claimed to see on Monday night in conjunction with the assault on the Commerce Bank building has been determined to be a hoax. It was apparently a helicopter with an illusion over it.

dauphinous
2008-09-30, 09:14 AM
It is only a very short time before Tinkerbelle reins in the copter, presumably at the standby point. Who really knows without a map showing present location, but she stops moving and leaves the copter hovering, so it's a fair bet that's where you are. After a few minutes, there's a funny humming sound, like engine hum, coming from the walls that sounds a lot like the theme music of the newscast.

After a half hour, the news starts to be a repeat of itself, along with the 'local interest' sorts of stories about how the neighborhood watch in north Tacoma is reducing crime and the K9 unit in east Everett is helping local disabled kids.

Mig gets a comm call from Jiro at 9:42pm.

Santanya
2008-09-30, 10:17 AM
Brachial

[See? Why can't it be nice and quiet like this more often?] Brachial says over the comm as he leans back in his seat, stretched out as much as he can without invading on other people's space. He raises his eyebrow slightly and tilts his head as he eyes the chopper around them, then chuckles softly. [Ok, that's a good trick, Tink. Anything happening on the LS Scanner?]

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-30, 10:55 AM
Mig

Mig picks up the call quickly when it comes through. <Japanese>"Jiro! How are you doing? How's Ryozo? Any word?"

dauphinous
2008-09-30, 11:06 AM
<Japanese>"I'm okay." He sounds a little out of it, like he's drugged. Which, given his injuries, he is probably dosed to the gills on pain meds at this point. <Japanese>"Ryozo is dead."

[What trick? Hovering in place without getting bored to death?]

The divider display changes to show the text feeds from Lone Star. It cuts in on several cops just checking in with Dispatch, and ten traffic violations being investigated. The humming noise stops when it changes.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-30, 11:14 AM
Mig

Mig looks striken. <Japanese>"No! What happened? He was going to be all right. He was going to make it."

dauphinous
2008-09-30, 11:29 AM
<Japanese>"He never came out of surgery. I finally asked about him, and I was told he was pronounced brain dead earlier and they took him off life support. That's all I know. I haven't told the others yet."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-30, 11:36 AM
Mig

<Japanese>"How is everyone else?" she asks in a subdued voice.

dauphinous
2008-09-30, 12:02 PM
<Japanese>"Everyone else is okay. Haruko will be in the hospital until she gets a new liver. She's on some machine until they can grow it. They're not letting her eat anything. She's on an IV, I think." He pauses and cracks a silly grin. <Japanese>"Which is probably for the best. The food here is crap."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-30, 12:17 PM
Mig

<Japanese>"How long will you be in? Do you want me to come visit when I'm off shift?"

Lycar
2008-09-30, 01:43 PM
Brachial
[See? Why can't it be nice and quiet like this more often?]

"[Don't jinx it...]"

Grunty seems to be content just waiting for the shift to end or something to happen. Maybe he's used to it...

Lycar

Santanya
2008-09-30, 01:59 PM
Brachial

Brachial quirks an eyebrow, still leaning back against his seat. He closes his eyes for a few moments, just relaxing while they can.

dauphinous
2008-09-30, 02:03 PM
<Japanese>"Don't know. I'll be out of action for a little while, though. They're saying four weeks for the breaks to heal. Probably get sprung soon, maybe a couple of days. I'm gonna be out cold at 3. How about you stop by later, maybe tomorrow afternoon or something."

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-09-30, 02:22 PM
Mig

<Japanese>"I'll be there," she promises to Jiro.

dauphinous
2008-10-01, 11:23 AM
The divider starts playing music behind the incredibly boring Star feed. It's some classical piece with lots of violins that sounds dramatic and foreboding, but is repetitive in nature. The piece plays through, from beginning to end, then it plays again. The second time through, the engine hum starts modulating again to match it.

The feeds remain uninteresting as this goes on. The most exciting thing that happens is a cop calling for paramedics because the traffic violation he just pulled over was a woman in labor trying to drive herself to the hospital.

The classical piece ends again, and this time, the music changes to some kind of dance music that's really popular right now. it has a driving beat, and some catchy riffs, but is really quite insubstantial as music goes. it isn't cranked up too loud, just enough to be heard over the engine. The strange humming stops as soon as the music changes. After maybe 30 seconds of it, the engine hum changes again, only this time, it's almost like the helicopter is trying to generate white noise to drown the music out. But that's silly. Tinkerbelle must be messing around with something.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-01, 03:02 PM
Mig

[Tink, what are you doing to the engine?] She has scrupulously avoided looking at Brachial since her phone call.

Santanya
2008-10-01, 03:11 PM
Brachial

Brachial opens his eyes just before the second music piece starts. As it does and the engine's change their tone, he raises an eyebrow, but remains silent. He shakes his head slightly and very softly hums to himself for a moment.

dauphinous
2008-10-01, 03:20 PM
The music stops abruptly less than a minute after it starts. [Just entertaining myself. I'll stop.] The engine hum stops, also. And the feeds stay really, really uninteresting.

dauphinous
2008-10-02, 11:31 AM
The shift drags by. Tinkerbelle stops for coffee and muffins and pie around midnight. After that, the shift continues to ooze by with no apparent actual work tonight. Which Brachial and Gatto can attest isn't that strange for a Wednesday night.

2:27am
Condition Serious – 10:00

The orange dot appears on the map not far from the copter's current position. Kitty spins around to face that direction and starts moving. [Client is only about 20 seconds away, tops.] Sure enough, about 15 seconds later, the floor goes transparent to show a two lane road going by underneath. This area is all residential, and thoroughly uninteresting. Up ahead, though, there is a multiple vehicle crash, which has got to be where you're headed. It looks like someone in a van leaped out of an alley right in front of high-end sedan, and a small, cheap car plowed into the rear of the sedan.

[Frag!] This comes from Tinkerbelle with no context information when the copter is about 40 meters from the crash site and 30 meters up. The lights inside the copter go out and Tinkerbelle's head thumps against her headrest almost violently. The helicopter immediately slides and tumbles, acting like it is completely out of control. The rotors sound like they're still turning at the same speed as normal, but something is clearly wrong, and the ground isn't that far away. Tinkerbelle groans in pain as the copter starts to wobble and spin to the ground.

Santanya
2008-10-02, 01:40 PM
Brachial

Brachial sits with his head leaned back, just watching the display as they wait for a call to come in. The sudden exclaimation from Tink makes him jerk upright in his seat as he peers towards her. "Tink?!" he calls out, grabbing his restraint and pulling it tighter around his shoulder. He squints as he peers towards Tinkerbell, hoping she comes to before the ground comes up to meet them.

Lycar
2008-10-02, 01:54 PM
Grunty

As Tink starts heading for their LZ, Grunty goes through the motions of charging his weapon again.

When the flight suddenly becomes unstable, he freezes for just a moment to assess the situation.

[Dreck.]

He never had been in a helicopter crash himself but he had heard about those who were.

Contrary to what some Sim-Sense action flicks claim, jumping from a crashing helo won't save you. So he just stays put and hope that the crashnet and his orkish resilience will be just enough to get him through this alive.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-10-03, 10:37 AM
Gatto cinches her harness tighter as she makes a shrieking sound highly reminiscent of a panicked mewling. Mig just panics. Anyone caring to look can see Tinkerbelle shaking her head, then her right hand hitting the manual control located on that side. She cranks it to about halfway, seeming to fight the control to get it there, but only has one hand for that job. If her seat was not in the way, it could be seen that she's also working the foot pedals hard, and the control stick.

She stops the helicopter's tumble before it actually hits anything, but it lands sloppily and hard, with an unpleasant crunch sound coming from below, from the rails. She's landed with the nose pointed towards the crash, about 30 meters away from it. From street level, all that can really be seen is the van and a scattering of debris, probably from the crash. The client is in one of the two cars behind it. The van's back end is just clear of the alley, which runs perpendicular to the street, on both sides of it. The van is wide enough and the alley is narrow enough that it probably had less than half a meter of clearance total, considering both sides. Given that these alleys tend to be used for garbage dumpsters and the like, one can only wonder how it was actually driven through it.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-03, 01:24 PM
Mig

[What the hell just happened?] Mig asks, sounding angry and frightened together. Still, mindful of her job, she does manage to get the chopper door open after a little effort and starts, a little unsteadily, towards the car wreckage, pistols at the ready, in case someone tries something.

Santanya
2008-10-03, 03:01 PM
Brachial

Brachial winces hard as the chopper lands He sits for a few moments, eyes closed and breathing deep. Quickly after, he's up and reaching for the trama kit. [Is everyone alright?] he asks over the comm. He looks to the others in the chopper. [Can you tell the level of damage, Tink?]

dauphinous
2008-10-03, 04:29 PM
Tinkerbelle shakes her head, trying to clear it. "I, ungh," she puts one hand on the side of her head, pressing on it, with the other staying on the control stick. [Hacker.] She sends this like it explains everything. [No, I can't tell. AI is shut off]

Lycar
2008-10-03, 06:05 PM
Grunty

Grunty's military training kicks in and he knows that after a hard landing you need to get out of the copter ASAP. Sure, theirs didn't eat a missile hit, so it is not too likely to explode. But why take a chance?

He unlocks his harness and gets to the door to open it. This time it takes quite a bit of strength to force the door open. Fortunately, Grunty is a big, strong ork, so it's not hard for him.

[Dreck. This is bad. Stay on your toes.]

Grunty quickly activates his cybered reflexes and jumps out, moves aside to clear the way and immediately crouches down.

(Did we just interrupt an extraction?)

He starts scanning the surrounding rooftops and windows for shooters, holding up his right hand in a 'hold' signal, thus telling the others to stay put until he gives the all clear. If they understand the hand signal that is.

Lycar

McSherrie
2008-10-03, 11:55 PM
Once Kitty lands, Gatto gains control of herself and looks around at everyone as if nothing had happened. She unbuckles and stands up, then walks to the door with her eyes going slitted as she takes a look around.

Santanya
2008-10-04, 01:42 AM
Brachial

Brachial seems to growl angrily and almost bristle. [Mig, Gatto. Check the car,] he says, pointing towards it as he jumps out of the helecopter. His eyes don't follow where he's pointing, but instead glares down the alleyway. [Grunty, you're with me,] he says, shouldering past the orc. As he moves his draws his Predator out, holding it upward as he walks quickly towards the alley that the van was headed towards. He pauses by the edge of the alleyway, peeking around the edge.

Lycar
2008-10-04, 09:08 AM
Grunty

Grunty is a bit annoyed that Brachial charges ahead without awaiting the 'all clear'. But then again, he is the boss and the area seems to be clear of immediate threats anyway.

[Got it.]

Grunty moves foreward, trying to get ahead of Brachial.

[Heh, I'm the one being paid to be shot at. You're supposed to stay in one piece.]

Lycar

McSherrie
2008-10-04, 10:01 AM
Gatto hops out as well and shoots a toothy grin to Mig. "Looks like the boys want the alley. Shall we?" She moves towards the car, staying alert as she goes.

dauphinous
2008-10-06, 07:27 AM
Grunty reaches the alleyway first by virtue of being the fastest. Brachial is right behind him, and Mig and Gatto move quickly up the road behind them both. Grunty's first look shows him two people. One is on the ground, the other is crouched over the first, hands on the chest area of the first. Both are dressed in urban camo colors, the clothing probably armored. The figure crouched down looks up at Grunty as soon as his head appears. "If you're here for the woman, I can't let you take her," she says loudly. Her voice is a bit low, and probably would be sultry in a different situation. She has dark hair that's been pulled back in a ponytail and is wearing sunglasses that obscure a good portion of her face. She is probably human, but could be an elf with her ears taped back and partially covered by her hair.

Grunty's sharp eyes can see that she has some kind of taccomm gear on, and what she just said was probably transmitted to others. She doesn't move from where she is and keeps her hands on the other figure, details about whom are not visible in the near-darkness because of the angle he's lying at. His feet are just barely moving.

Past the crash, Grunty's eyes also pick out a man in urban camo with a ski mask over his face moving up quickly behind the small car, towards the nicer sedan. He has some kind of weapon, probably a shotgun or assault rifle, in both hands, carrying it and moving with what Grunty suspects is military training. He's bulky enough that he might be an ork, but he could also just be a big human.

"His attack was nothing personal," she adds after a very short pause.

Map (http://dauphinous.coyotecode.net/dwsfrauburn.jpg)
B = Brachial
G = Grunty
C = Gatto (for cat :smallwink:)
M = Mig
1 = woman
2 = figure on the ground
3 = the other guy

Only Grunty can see 1-3. There are sidewalks, and Grunty and Brachial are on it.

Lycar
2008-10-06, 11:32 AM
Grunty

Grunty stares at the woman for a moment as he makes up his mind about the situation. He wonders if their client is the woman the mercenary/runner is talking about. It would both make things more complicated and his decisions easier.

Looking over at the cars, Grunty glimpses some movement. His cybered reflexes even make it easier for him to pick such detais up apparently.

[What's the ROE for extractions? Do we render first aid and let the kidnappers make off with the client or do we put up a fight? Oh and one tango behind the small car, headed for the sedan. Heavy infa. Take care.]

Grunty turns back to the woman. He recognizes her efforts.

"Is your buddy stable?"

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-06, 11:57 AM
Mig

Not wanting to deal with what's going on in the alley, Mig opts for going over the top of the van, maintaining as low a profile as she can while she does so. "Brachial, Tink, which one's our client?](Her target destination is between the car and the wall).

(Jump/climb: 9D6 = [2, 6, 1, 2, 6, 1, 2, 1, 3] = 2 hits
4D6 = [4, 5, 5, 6] = 3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6386) She's not going to stand straight up on top of the van, but stay more crouched down.)

Santanya
2008-10-06, 02:23 PM
Brachial

Brachial smirks as he listens to the woman's voice. [Super-Platinum package, client is the woman in the car, We don't let them take her, we take her to the drop off location.] he sends over the comm. "The response was nothing personal, but we're here to do our jobs and we don't appreciate it when people try to kill us or our clients," Brachial calls out. "Stand down or we WILL use any and all lethal force to extract our client."

McSherrie
2008-10-07, 11:43 PM
Gatto watches Mig jump over the van and momentarily thinks about doing the same. Deciding that it's too much work and trusting Brachial and Grunty to distract the woman in the alley, Gatto takes a second and concentrates on becoming invisible. Once Cat has granted her Shadow, she moves around the end of the van and towards the patient in the car.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-07, 11:48 PM
Mig

[Which car? The sedan or the little one? I only see two men in the sedan. I don't have a good view of the back seat though.]

Santanya
2008-10-08, 09:33 AM
Brachial

Brachial glances over towards the wreck. [The one in the side of the van...]

dauphinous
2008-10-08, 10:56 AM
2:27am
Condition serious - 9:39

"I'm afraid it won't work that way." The woman says this as Mig jumps onto the van and Gatto disappears from sight. Her eyes do not track with Gatto as the cat shaman stalks past the alley, suggesting the woman probably can't see through the invisibility.

Whomever is shooting at Mig, though, probably doesn't care about pyromaniac cats skulking about out of sight. The two shots that hit her squarely and forcefully in the back are quiet little *thpt* noises, suggesting a silencer, and no one can tell who is shooting them, but Mig thinks it came from above. Since the shots both hit her upper right shoulder, a good guess would be in or on the building to the right and behind her.

The guy with the ski mask reaches the car and rips the rear door open.

Mig takes a total of 7 boxes of Physical damage from two bullets into her back.
Mig spends Edge and noted an update to her character that wasn't correctly indicated on her sheet, so the actual damage is 1P + 4S. Plus a smack on the hand with a ruler for not keeping her sheet right. :smallwink:

Very little for the map changed. #3 is between the car and the building. #1 and #2 didn't move. Mig is on top of the van, Gatto is invisible.

Lycar
2008-10-08, 11:20 AM
Grunty

Grunty asks the woman one more time.

"Is your buddy stable?"

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-10-08, 11:23 AM
"He will be shortly," she nods.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-08, 01:01 PM
Mig

Mig dislikes being shot. She *really* dislikes being shot. She drops off the van, hoping it provides her some cover before tearing into the guy in the ski mask, aiming for the head.

(She takes 4 shots at the ski-mask guy (#3). 13 dice each (-1 for damage, -2 for called shot). Shots 1 and 3 are gel rounds, 2 and 4 are real. Called shot to the head to bypass armor.)

McSherrie
2008-10-08, 01:57 PM
Invisibly, Gatto tilted her head to the side. Her eyes slit and her grin gets toothy. Ghostly whiskers and a twitching tail appear on the astral plain. And then she seems to throw a ball in front of the man in the ski mask.

Gatto will now cast Chaotic World, centering it on our anonymous new friend.

Santanya
2008-10-09, 10:32 AM
Brachial

"You already have one man down," Brachial says, frowning deeply. He glances over at the sound of the gunshots. "Make that two. Time to cut your losses and try again another time." He plants his back against the building and looks upward, trying to see if he can spot the shooter that shot at Mig.

Lycar
2008-10-10, 06:15 PM
Grunty

Grunty just waited for the woman's answer. He had fully intended to feed her a voelly or two of gel rounds, had her answer been in the affirmative.

Nothing personal you know.

But things are a bit different. And you always honour medic's privilege.

So he nods at her "You get medic's privilege as long as you stay in this alley. Poke your head out and you'll eat gel."

Then he turns around, raising his rifle to the shoulder and advances out of the alley slowly, scanning the windows for shooters to engage.

[Mig, Gatto, what's your status?]

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-10, 06:23 PM
Mig

Mig interrupts her undercurrent of sulfurous Japanese swear words long enough to say over the commlink [I've been shot. What do you think that makes my status?]

dauphinous
2008-10-10, 07:27 PM
As Mig jumps down off the van, the area around the ski-mask guy develops bizarre strobing lights, darting shadows, and weird noises. The guy blinks several times, and gropes the air as if he's trying to catch something. Grunty and Brachial both stand away from the building a little and look up to see if they can tell where the sniper is, but neither sees anything out of the ordinary. He's even looking when he feels the thump of two impacts, but he doesn't see anything. Or hear it, either.

Mig's first shot, the gel round, hits the building behind the guy. She adjusts for the unexpected light show and tags him in the shoulder. The impact knocks him to the ground, though he still looks conscious.

Grunty gets to resist the damage from two shots, both of 9P. I am stopping here to find out if he wishes to declare the use of Edge prior to the rolling for either or both. There were both called shots, so armor won't apply, just Body.

Also, ski-mask boy is on the ground bleeding, but not unconscious. Does Mig want to take the last two shots?

There is still one IP for both Mig and Grunty in this round.

Gatto took 6 boxes of stun from her casting. Sustaining both spells imposes a -4 modifier to all tests (except damage resistance, of course) on top of the Stun modifier.

Map (http://dauphinous.coyotecode.net/dwsfrauburn.jpg) Gatto(C) remains invisible. I left off the Chaotic World area, but you can assume it covers an area just shy of Mig, out over the white car and the smaller car (represented by a motorcycle image).

Lycar
2008-10-12, 02:50 PM
Grunty

Grunty feels the impacts of the slugs as they pierce his flesh. He knows that the pain will need a moment ot register. A moment that feels like an eternity in his reflex-boosted state. Still, come it will.

Fortunately for Grunty, the shooter, by aiming to bypass the ceramic inlays in his camo armour, also bypassed his vital organs.

And he didn't aim for the head. So he's in for the takedown, not the kill neccessarily.

Grunty is still hopping mad.

[Watch out, snip...!]

Then the pain hits.

Even if he didn't see any muzzle flash or anything, he should have a genral idea about where the shots came from. You know, what with feeling the bullets path through his muscles ?

Grunty just throws himself back into the cover of the alley.

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-10-14, 07:00 AM
Grunty moves back to get out of the line of fire while Mig shoots the man on the ground two more times. She can't be certain if he's dead, unconscious, or just playing possum, but he's not moving, and his hands are not on his gun. The light show he's within is still active.

"I'll call off my sniper if you call off your elf and your mage. We would prefer not to lose Wedge, and we are going to walk away from this job now. If he is further harmed, my sniper will begin taking head shots." The woman's voice is very calm as she moves a little and starts dragging the man on the ground away from the 'accident'.

Santanya
2008-10-14, 10:04 AM
Brachial

[Stand down,] Brachial says over the comm to his team, eyes not leaving the woman in the alley. [Let them withdraw. We're not here to down them, just get the client.] He begins moving towards the car with the client in it.

McSherrie
2008-10-14, 10:46 AM
Gatto lets out a small snarl, then shakes her still invisible head and takes a half step back.

Dropping the Chaotic World spell, but not the Invisibility yet.

Lycar
2008-10-14, 01:07 PM
Grunty

"... always a pleasure workin' with pros..." Grunty grunts. He does seem to be in quite some pain, yet he manages.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-14, 03:55 PM
Mig

[They shot first,] she points out over the comms, while she crosses over to the car and opens the back door to peer inside.

dauphinous
2008-10-14, 06:41 PM
The flashing lights and weird noises stop, and the ski mask guy rolls slowly away from the car, clearly in pain, but also clearly neither dead nor unconscious. "Good shots," he grunts out around what must be pain. "I hope you get paid as much as you deserve." He keeps his hands where they can be seen, insofar as such a thing is possible, and away from his weapon.

The back door on Mig's side of the car is no longer attached to it, so she can just step up and peer inside. There is a human woman draped across the floor of the backseat. It looks like she wasn't wearing her seatbelt and was knocked out by the impact. There's blood running down her forehead from one side of her platinum blonde hairline to the other, and more dripping from her nose. It's not clear from a cursory inspection what she likely hit her head on.

She is dressed in the current trend for upscale clubbing. The opalescent blue dress is probably just barely enough to cover anything normally, and right now is leaving very, very little to the imagination. At least she's wearing underwear, even if it is a thong. There is a matching little handbag on the backseat, clasped shut, and she's wearing painfully high white stiletto-heeled boots that reach up to her knees.

Brachial is able to open the other back door unmolested. on the way, he can get a look at the two men in teh front seat. They are not moving, and the one in the driver's seat is clearly dead, based upon the bullethole in his chest. The other one is still breathing, but looks like someone shoved his face through a meat grinder. He is wearing his seatbelt, which is good, because he probably would have gone all the way through the windshield otherwise. The woman's injuries do not look life-threatening.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-14, 06:49 PM
Mig

"Nothing personal," she says to the guy who rolls away. "Although your sniper buddies are on my drek list for the night." Once Brachial pokes his head in the other side of the car she asks him, "So how can I help?"

Santanya
2008-10-16, 04:12 PM
Brachial

Brachial winces at the men in the front seat, then moves to check on the patient. He pulls open the med kit and checks her vital signs and for what injuries can be detected. [Pull her out gently,] he sends over the comm while he looks at her. He moves around the vehicle to the passenger side and repeats the process, checking the man to see how bad his injuries are, despite him not being the client.

dauphinous
2008-10-16, 05:13 PM
The woman has a concussion, a broken nose, and a couple of minor cuts on her scalp. The man has some pretty severe head trauma, and will probably not survive if he is not given medical attention as soon as possible.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-16, 05:29 PM
Mig

Mig does as instructed, doing her best to get the client out of the car without injuring her further. She also tries to keep her body between the client and the snipers, just in case.

Lycar
2008-10-17, 01:41 AM
Grunty

Grunty still is in the alley, leaning against a wall and keeping a wary eye on the mercenary there. One never knows if they try to pull something last-ditch...

[Just tell me when you're about to pull out.]

Lycar

dauphinous
2008-10-19, 12:03 PM
The woman continues to drag her charge out of the alley, watching Grunty as she does so. Next to the ski mask guy, a a stocky man-shaped mound of plascrete forms. Wordlessly, it picks the ski mask guy up under his arms, which causes him to wince and make a little hiss of pain. "Easy, yah big lump." It shifts its grip to better accommodate his injuries and assists him to move around the car. Their path will take them past Grunty and down the alley, probably with the intent to meet up with the woman.

Mig finds pulling the woman out of the car to be fairly easy. She certainly isn't resisting, and doesn't seem to get caught on anything. The man would be best left in the car until there's a stretcher to get him directly onto so he doesn't have to be shifted any more than necessary.

Santanya
2008-10-20, 12:18 PM
Brachial

[Gatto, can you bring me a stretcher for him, two if you can get them quickly?] He moves to the man and does his best to stabalize him without moving him til the stretcher is there. [If you feel comfortable carying her to the chopper, she'll survive it well, and we can cancel the second stretcher. Though some fries would be nice.] he says over the comm, glancing towards Mig.

Lycar
2008-10-20, 12:31 PM
Grunty

Grunty just stays put for the time being, leaning against the wall and taking deep and laboured breaths.

It helps cope with the pain.

All the while, he keeps a weary eye on the mercenaries, making sure his weapon doesn't point at anyone. For the time beig.

Lycar

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2008-10-20, 02:39 PM
Mig

Mig nods to Brachial. [I'll do what I can. I'm gunner, not a sumo wrestler, though.] She half-drags, half-carries (Str 2) the woman towards the copter, keeping the client covered with her own body as much as possible, in case someone tries to shoot at her despite the truce.

McSherrie
2008-10-21, 06:47 PM
Gatto, still invisible but muttering under her breath just loudly enough to be heard, stalks quickly to Kitty and grabs two stretchers. The stretchers float towards Brachial quickly enough that it is obvious Gatto is hurrying, but slowly enough to let everyone know that she isn't hurrying.

She is a cat, after all.

dauphinous
2008-10-21, 08:06 PM
The ski mask guy nods to Grunty as he is helped past the ork. The woman turns the corner at the other end of the alley, and shortly thereafter, the man she's dragging also disappears. She turns in the direction of the building the sniper is presumed to be on or in.

Gatto has the dubious honor of getting to see Tinkerbelle lean out of the helicopter and throw up. Some of her vomit splatters onto Gatto's uniform as she's hurrying without hurrying the stretchers back to the patients. Tinkerbelle sits back in her seat and holds her head, weakly muttering "sorry".

McSherrie
2008-10-21, 08:25 PM
5D6 = [5, 1, 5, 4, 2] = 17
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6439)

Gatto's invisibility drops as she loses concentration. She continues forward through sheer force of will, but cannot seem to move her focus from the, um, damp spots on her jumpsuit. "Taking the stretchers to Brachial. Taking the stretchers to Brachial. Taking the stretchers to Brachial. Taking the stretchers to Brachial..." The cat drones on and on, obviously trying to force herself to finish her current mission before loosing control.

dauphinous
2008-10-23, 08:33 PM
By the time Gatto manages to force herself to get back to the car, Mig has already hauled the woman into the copter. Gatto is still on the other side of the car from Brachial, but she does have the stretchers.