PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 3rd Party Class Vorpal Knight

keeper2161
2018-07-21, 11:22 AM
I was just wondering if the Vorpal Knight (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/d20pfsrd-com-publishing/vorpal-knight/) can use the soul of a blink dog to get the quickened dimension ability. From what I read no. The Vorpal Knight can only steal special attacks like a dragon's breathe. Just like a Vorpal Knight can't steal a dragons Frightful Presence because it's a special ability not a special attack. Am I correct or am I reading it wrong?

Psyren
2018-07-21, 12:20 PM
The class is weird so I might not be reading it totally correctly, but from what I can see it doesn't allow you to steal SLAs from the creatures you've absorbed, only Ex and Su special attacks. A blink dog's quickened dimension door is an SLA, putting it off-limits.

You can get access to some SLAs of your own for absorbing one via their "Phylocrux" ability, but dimension door doesn't appear to be on the list.

Von Krieger
2018-07-21, 08:12 PM
Spell-like abilities are not present in the class as something you can gain from nommed souls.

My guess is they were left out to prevent ridiculousness like a PC being able to cast Wish on a regular basis.

keeper2161
2018-07-21, 11:20 PM
Which I approve of. It does seem to go against the theme of the rest of the things it can steal. Like a troll's soul should give it's regen because it's regen is really the whole thing about a troll. I do understand why the author didn't include it though. Regen is a powerful ability. It should take a lot to get it.