PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms collected?

2007-09-11, 01:16 PM
I know Paizo put out a hardcover version of The Shackled City, but when I went to look at their website I didn't see anything for Age of Worms.

Anyone know if Paizo plans to release a similar deal with AoW, and if not where I might be able to find a condensed version of all the relevant material? I could order all of the magazines, but I was hoping to aoid the hassle.

Bosaxon
2007-09-11, 01:24 PM
WotC owns AoW, so it's their call when that would happen.

I think it's doubtful we'll see it collected the same way SCAP was.

Roland St. Jude
2007-09-11, 01:37 PM
The folks at Paizo have said that an AoW hardcover compilation is highly unlikely. WotC wasn't willing to sign off on it for whatever reason. That has been the status since the AP was still running in the magazine. Maybe they will now, as a way to let Paizo squeeze a little more money out of 3E. But I think the latest I've seen was someone asking what would have been in an AoW Hardcover and being told that it's not completely dead yet, there is a "possibility" of one being released, so they couldn't say much. Not much hope there, but apparently a slight ray of light for those that want it.

If you really want AoW, I'd recommend you get the magazines. And do it now before the now-defunct print Dungeon becomes all rare and collector-y. (If it hasn't already.) I suppose, in theory, WotC could put the content all online because they own the print Dungeon stuff, but that seems unlikely to me.

Zherog
2007-09-11, 01:41 PM
Note, though, that several of the issues of Dungeon that contain the AoW AP are only available in PDF, because the print copies sold out.

2007-09-11, 07:42 PM
The folks at Paizo have said that an AoW hardcover compilation is highly unlikely. WotC wasn't willing to sign off on it for whatever reason. That has been the status since the AP was still running in the magazine. Maybe they will now, as a way to let Paizo squeeze a little more money out of 3E. But I think the latest I've seen was someone asking what would have been in an AoW Hardcover and being told that it's not completely dead yet, there is a "possibility" of one being released, so they couldn't say much. Not much hope there, but apparently a slight ray of light for those that want it.

If you really want AoW, I'd recommend you get the magazines. And do it now before the now-defunct print Dungeon becomes all rare and collector-y. (If it hasn't already.) I suppose, in theory, WotC could put the content all online because they own the print Dungeon stuff, but that seems unlikely to me.

Man, sometimes I really hate WotC.

Actually, thats most of the time.